• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I'm all for Sellars getting the role. He's good people.

Given where we are now this season, would like to see Ennis get some time with the first team squad & a bit of pitch time if possible to see what he can do & whether there are real possibilities there.

Given where we are now this season, would like to see Ennis get some time with the first team squad & a bit of pitch time if possible to see what he can do & whether there are real possibilities there.

He could replace Costa on the bench for me as he's bringing nothing much to the side when he comes on

He could replace Costa on the bench for me as he's bringing nothing much to the side when he comes on

That would be worthwhile - Costa has been disappointing so don't think that giving Ennis a small chance is any real problem

Was it Ennis who played in the cup recently? Showed some good touches IIRC.

Yes he came on vs Shrewsbury at home.

He is an excellent footballer, one of the best in the country in his age group teams when he was coming through. But it's been injuries, impact ones that you can do nothing about.

No reason why he can't make it but that applies to a lot of players who never did.

Ennis off injured today.

Currently 1-0 down at Derby in the cup (knockout round now).

23s lost 2-0 at Newcastle today. Ennis played so thankfully his injury was nothing serious.

Three games to go, everyone who matters is on the same games now.

Wolves 37
--------------
Southampton 36
Newcastle 34
Reading 34
Villa 33
---------------
Man Utd 26

Villa (A), Stoke (H) and United (A) left.

Sean O’Driscoll has joined Pompey’s academy. No mention that it was from us, when did he leave? Completely missed it.

In December I think. His decision (for someone with his track record, it was quite a junior role)

23s lost 2-0 at Newcastle today. Ennis played so thankfully his injury was nothing serious.

Three games to go, everyone who matters is on the same games now.

Wolves 37
--------------
Southampton 36
Newcastle 34
Reading 34
Villa 33
---------------
Man Utd 26

Villa (A), Stoke (H) and United (A) left.

Just popping this on the next page so it doesn't get missed. That Stoke game at Molineux is a big one, unless something crops up I'll definitely be going.

Villa stream quite a lot of their U23 games on YouTube and the United game will be on MUTV.

Tim Spiers
‏@tim_spiers_Star
I gather Wolves have signed very highly-rated young midfielder Ty Barnett, aged 13, from Birmingham's academy. Said to be the best player in their age group. Ty is the son of former Blues defender Dave Barnett

Tim Spiers
‏@tim_spiers_Star
I gather Wolves have signed very highly-rated young midfielder Ty Barnett, aged 13, from Birmingham's academy. Said to be the best player in their age group. Ty is the son of former Blues defender Dave Barnett

Is he the lad in the Blues academy that everyone has been chasing?

There was rumours about an U16 (who I was told is ok but nothing special, nearly released by Blues at 14).

Barnett is considered as the "next Jude Bellingham" - who is an U16 who will play for their first team if they are safe before the end of the season. Possibly the best English talent there is.

I believe Barnett has already trained with our U18/23s.

Thanks - playing/training with two or three age groups up is a sign of some real potential. What a time to be a Wolves fan...

Loving this upgrading of the youth systems, it’s about time we did this properly. Hopefully it will have huge benefits for us in the future, especially given. Nuno’s preference for a small squad backed up by youngsters.

23s lost 1-0 to Villa tonight. Out of our hands now for top spot. If Southampton win their last two games (vs West Brom and Sunderland, neither of them are very good judging by the table) then they'll go up automatically whatever we do.

23s lost 1-0 to Villa tonight. Out of our hands now for top spot. If Southampton win their last two games (vs West Brom and Sunderland, neither of them are very good judging by the table) then they'll go up automatically whatever we do.

Neves there again tonight, he does like to go and watch the U23's a fair bit, nice support.

Back