• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Flatt is gone at the end of the season - Phil needed to have recovered enough to have played a number of full games by now (even if only for the U23's) if he was going to get back into the first team squad & stake a claim to be kept on.

He hasn't so would think it unlikely that we will want to risk it next season

I doubt it - Nuno wanted him so I imagine we will be giving him every chance.

I agree with this, he's made two appearances in the U23. I suspect in the next u23 he'll get more minutes.

There's no point rushing him into the first team but if he can keep building his fitness we may well see him on the first team bench and in a position to give doc a breather in some games.

Especially in the run-in where we have lots of weekend-midweek-weekend-midweek games

I agree with this, he's made two appearances in the U23. I suspect in the next u23 he'll get more minutes.

There's no point rushing him into the first team but if he can keep building his fitness we may well see him on the first team bench and in a position to give doc a breather in some games.

Especially in the run-in where we have lots of weekend-midweek-weekend-midweek games

Wouldn't object to seeing him there & see if he has the engine to compete - but will need more than a couple of games to convince that he can do the job for a season

Wouldn't object to seeing him there & see if he has the engine to compete - but will need more than a couple of games to convince that he can do the job for a season

Completely, but if he can come in and help us out before the end that'll be a bonus

We’ve got an u15 starting for the u18s today - Jack Hodnett. Attacking midfielder, very technical player. He was on England u15 camps in August and October and played against Belgium recently. A nice lad too.

We’ve got an u15 starting for the u18s today - Jack Hodnett. Attacking midfielder, very technical player. He was on England u15 camps in August and October and played against Belgium recently. A nice lad too.

They've also got under 14 Dylan Scicluna on the bench too. He's Australian and his brother Lucas is in the under 12s. Coached them a couple of times a few years ago not long after they had moved over and were both at Villa.

Cheers PQ!

Slink, he’s just come on!

That's great to see, both he and his brother are very good. Would be good to see one or both make it here.

German Phil back in action. Hoping he starts this one

DZNPfHqWsAAcVhC.jpg

May try and whizz up for this tonight, not got anything planned and would be good to see German Phil in action

Great to see Phil starting I would imagine he will come off after 60 or so but it's good progress none the less. Potentially 2-3 weeks from chaoleneging for a spot on the bench.

Great to see Phil starting I would imagine he will come off after 60 or so but it's good progress none the less. Potentially 2-3 weeks from chaoleneging for a spot on the bench.

Would like to see him come through, though think that he has a fair bit to do to convince that he is an option for next season - if he can than it's one less position that we will need to seriously upgrade.

If he gets through this then I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench on Friday. We have a "spare" spot with Jota out - it only gets filled by a third centre half (Miranda/Hause) or a second dedicated striker (Mir) who won't get used as it is. We could really do with an option to play at wingback, we don't have one with the loan rules rendering Vinagre unable to appear.

Plus Nuno tends to just chuck players in, he didn't give Hause or Costa loads of reserve team run outs before he put them back in the first team.

Would like to see him come through, though think that he has a fair bit to do to convince that he is an option for next season - if he can than it's one less position that we will need to seriously upgrade.
Agreed let's hope he comes through this. We have a tight schedule now so he could be useful provided he doesn't break down.

I have no idea how good he actually is but he looks rapid which is always a good start.

We could really do with an option to play at wingback, we don't have one with the loan rules rendering Vinagre unable to appear.

Vinagre can play now can't he? Jota is still a loan player, so his injury means we have 5 fit loan players (Boly, Leo, Vinagre, Alf & Afobe) so they can play if needed

Losing 0-3 with just added time left to go. Seems like Jeff had a good run out.

Back