• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

DaW8d0EWkAEfvXe.jpg

1-0 down, deflected shot after some poor defending

You can watch the game for free following the instructions from the excellent @Wolves_Academy (who you really should all follow):

https://twitter.com/Wolves_Academy/status/983362673973874688

They're young lads and I'm always keen to see how they are progressing in comparison to others. I don't think the standard has improved from 10 years ago, which is more an indictment of the league and coaching rather than the players themselves. Sadly I don't think any of the players on either team are close to league football, maybe the Leicester right winger but he's up against a very poor left back so I'm not sure if he's that good.

Barnes played against us for Barnsley earlier in the season.

Hit the post and then, from the rebound and only a yard out, we hit the underside of the bar and the chance is gone

IIRC the vast majority of this Wolves group have been told that theyre being released anyway.

Is that academy twitter the same as what was formerly compton allstars?

Game is now 1-1, Xavier gave us the lead.

Is that academy twitter the same as what was formerly compton allstars?

Game is now 1-1, Xavier gave us the lead.

No, Wolves made their own academy account which is a bit odd seeing as Compton Stars was doing such a good job. Or just give them a job!

There are two accounts called Wolves Academy one is the Old Compton Allstars the other set up by the club. Without really knowing the details it seemed a bit shitty to me when he/she has spent so much time dedicated to what they were doing

Don't think it's shitty for the club to have their own account for their own Academy side. Just because a fan set one up doesn't mean the club cannot have one. It at least means the news and views are given as a club rather than a fans opinion (even if the fans account is a good one)

It is just part of the expanding social media side of the club . The only issue I would have is they are still not fully reporting on the players, especially loan deals.

U23's finished their season tonight. A fair few of the U18 team played I think and they had an outside chance of getting into the Play Offs (needed about 3 teams to lose). Shame that Brighton thumped them 5-0.

Going to be a lot of changes at that level next season

What’s going on with the kids? We seem to get thumped every week? I keep seeing the same regular names on there. Are they rubbish or have we just promoted people too soon as we are binning off all the U23 dross?

We loan a lot out so many of those currently playing are either kids playing above their age group or ones that have been told they are out at the end of the season.

Back