• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

He's not as bad as the shite on wm (co-commentator is mel eves, who also gives thommo a run for his money in terrible sidekick award). Fuck me local radio coverage is beyond shite.

I hate listening to Wolves commentary whoever does it on the radio. I still love listening to another teams game and my heart skipping a beat when the goal horn goes off, hoping or dreading they throw to our game. Makes me feel young again.

George Andrews turned me off radio commentary forever, I'm never going back to that.

If you think back 2-3 years ago on here, WH was getting pelters at times for referring to incidents that hadn't happened at all, he was going off the radio commentary and the accuracy levels were terrible (as in what they were saying rather than Roy's transcription skills). If they aren't even painting a reliable picture then what's the point?

Easy to keep up on Twitter these days, just filter out 40-50% of what Britney says (he's improved since he's had to stop making up stuff about Edwards doing something useful).

Wow. Didn't expect so many. Fair play though Morgan! Hope he can push on.

Not sure who is on wm now, but they spend more time talking about themselves and their own thoughts and opinions, instead of telling listeners what is happening on the pitch. Listened the other day and it was woeful. At least burrows on the wolf spends more time telling you what is (vaguely) occurring. I listened to the man city game on wm and it was absolutely fucking horrendous how bad the commentary was. at one point they went over 4 and a half minutes without doing any actual commentary.

I too love the goal horn. In the 80's it was magnificent when bully was in his prime. I spent ages wanting it as a text message alarm, but never got around to doing it.

He's borderline bearable during radio commentary but I wish to god someone would hide the microphone when we sign a new player. It's a cringefest. I guess.

It's been said here before but his interview with Ming was horrible to watch. I get he was unsure how much English the kid knew but it was like he was speaking to a toddler.

Have to be honest for a while I thought "Tommo" was like a 20 year old kid they had got in as sidekick :icon_lol:. Just sounded it!

George Andrews turned me off radio commentary forever, I'm never going back to that.

If you think back 2-3 years ago on here, WH was getting pelters at times for referring to incidents that hadn't happened at all, he was going off the radio commentary and the accuracy levels were terrible (as in what they were saying rather than Roy's transcription skills). If they aren't even painting a reliable picture then what's the point?

Easy to keep up on Twitter these days, just filter out 40-50% of what Britney says (he's improved since he's had to stop making up stuff about Edwards doing something useful).

George Andrews pet phrase was 'spinning off his man' - wtf !!!

George Andrews pet phrase was 'spinning off his man' - wtf !!!

"The ball goes spinning away"

"Low and hard, over the bar"

"At right back, of course, it's Rob Edwards"

"Shot comes in, goal to Wolves! <pause> Cameron to take the corner"

Also used to pull the microphones out regularly when the ball got near the box so we were treated to silence.

Truly, truly awful.

George Andrews' greatest achievement was making Bill & Pete sound professional...

I remember the microphones going dead because they'd jumped up or something. Absolutely rubbish.

Squad for Norwich at home tonight:

DPE_UJ3XUAAP3NL.jpg

Austin Samuels has signed a new deal with Wolves until 2020

Austin Samuels has signed a new deal with Wolves until 2020

A few deals sorted lately.

The Academy players currently in the final seven months or so of their deal (some may have options, we never really make it clear):

Collins, Odoffin, Ruddy, Flatt, Hayden, Levingston, Simpson, Johnson, Armstrong, Deslandes, Breslin, Rainey, Xavier, Beasley, Brown, Goodliffe, Finnie, Seedorf, John, Osbourne, Watt

I've bolded the ones I think will definitely go.

Won 4-2, Goodliffe and Collins with our second half goals.

Back