• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

I hope so - I'd like to see him, Ronan and Gibbs-White getting games at the expense of the likes of Bennett and Price tbh.

Hause in with the U23s now. Do we think he has a future here any longer?

He needs games, we can't have him sitting around doing nothing for months, that's why he's included in the U23s for now.

I hope he has a future here although what does count against him is that his right foot is bobbins, so he'll never play on that side for Nuno, and he could no way do what Coady does so that role is out as well. He's only able to fill one position rather than three.

First person to suggest we loan him out deserves a slap.

2-2 so far. Hause made a mistake early and Saints took the lead, they doubled it before Hause redeemed himself and Wilson has just equalised after going around the keeper. Took it well.

I would hope so, he was class at City. I still think he should be playing on the left of Coady with Boly on the right even though all of the 3 in front of him have played well.

Well I suppose that's my concern. I think most of us would have expected that Hause would come in instead of Bennett when Nuno dropped Batth and Roderick. But that didn't happen.

Just thinking out loud, I s'pose. I think we all agree that Hause has the talent to be a top Championship defender at the very least.

3-2 Wolves. Playing well now and MGW scores a scrappy goal from a corner. Make that Wilson who got a touch on MGW's shot.

4-2 Wolves and Wilson has a hat-trick. Excellent second half performance.

Wolves U18s take on Southampton tonight at St Marys. Kickoff at 7pm.

It's being streamed live on their YouTube channel if anyone wants to watch.

https://t.co/3pVce3jm65

1-1 HT.

Brad Carr with our goal on the break. They equalised right before half time.

Forgot to say this is the FA Youth Cup. Not just a regular game.

Got smashed 4-1 playing hoofball according to Compton Allstars.

I watched about ten mins at nil nil and it was us chasing shadows. Not the strongest of groups this crop especially minus MGW

I watched it from about 15 mins in saw both first half goals soton equalised on the stroke of half time, they were murdering us. Stopped watching as then as I could see what as going to happen.

What was the team?

DRA8aJvXcAEyYMi.jpg

I'd never even heard of Lattie or Csoka before tonight.

Csoka has been here a while and meant to be pretty decent.

Bad scouting?

Depends how many of them have been brought in at 16 and how many we've developed for a young age. Looking st that team there is a mixture, so both actually!!

Lattie, Csika, Taylor, Sauvage have all been brought in fairly recently I think

Poor loan experience him for at Oldham. Not quite an Ikeme at Stockport one though

As far as I'm aware, all of the following are out of contract at the end of the season (in as much as you can follow this from what Wolves decide to tell us - they frequently don't bother announcing new deals, and some may have a further year's option built in):

Aaron Collins
Hakeem Odoffin
Jon Flatt
Conor Levingston
Aaron Hayden
Aaron Simpson
Connor Johnson
Dan Armstrong
Sylvain Deslandes
Anthony Breslin
Ryan Rainey
Jose Xavier
Harry Beasley
Rory Brown
Ben Goodliffe
Ross Finnie
Sherwin Seedorf
Cameron John
Adam Osbourne

I think we'll go for a large scale clearout this time. Cannot see any way that Collins, Odoffin, Flatt, Levingston, Hayden, Simpson, Deslandes, Breslin and Rainey in particular will be retained. Don't think Xavier has scored a single goal yet in the U23s so he may be another one for the chop. The rest may get a reprieve.

From that list I'd say Goodliffe, Seedorf and John will get new deals, I've heard or seen good things from them. Maybe Rory Brown too.

We have a habit of giving young players who we don't even seem to rate pointless deals mind.

Back