• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Benny Ashley Seal has signed for the u23 squad from Norwich, he’s been with us for a while on trial.

Was rumoured to be going to Chelsea or Leicester in the summer

He's a bit of a 'problem' kid. Played up age groups since he was young due to his size I think.

Looked to be some decent footballers in the Sunderland side though from the few highlights they had, awful finishing though.

2-1 FT. Sounds like Swansea (McBurnie in particular) have had a great second half and deserved the win.

McBurnie has been too good for the u23 for a season or two now.

Has he got near the Swans first team yet?

McBurnie has been too good for the u23 for a season or two now.

Has he got near the Swans first team yet?

He was meant to be joining Barnsley on loan but they missed the deadline for the paperwork so it collapsed

Wilson and Herc sign new deals until 2020

DN9A06KW0AATTCN.jpg:large

Hoped Hause and Costa might have got a run out in this

Drew 3-3, despite being 3-1 up in the 89th min.

Wilson, Seedorf and Collins with our goals.

Wilson could do with more of a challenge I think. I quite like him but don't think he will make it here seeing as he hasn't had a sniff in the league despite us only having one out and out striker in Leo. He'd do well to get a loan in league 1.

Not the first time this season we've coughed up a big lead after the 80th minute IIRC.

Why is Zyro involved with the youth team?

Because we can't give him first team minutes, and it's hardly fair on the lad for him to spend over a year recovering from injury and then have him spend another few months doing nothing.

He's a great guy but we've moved on from players of his level, he'll go in January and do ok somewhere else.

What's happening to Prince isn't fair, either...

Still find it impossible to believe that no one made an offer for him.

Prince is a weird one because I was under the impression that he did ok for Bastia (in a terrible team) and it's not like he's a dickhead, he seems like a lovely bloke :icon_lol:

That said, from the few games I saw of him, I don't actually know what he is. There is no way he is a DM, he isn't a number 10, he sure as shit can't play wide based on the two games he played there for us and I don't really know if he's got the engine or quality to play properly box to box. He isn't that good on the ball and he can't really tackle. Bastia played him wide right in a 4-2-3-1 I think?! I honestly wouldn't know where to put him in any team, I'd have to just guess.

At Reims he played ostensibly as a deluxe Edwards, mostly looking to make late runs but also doing his part in possession. Definitely box-to-box but also definitely leaning into the opposing box than his own.

He is a bit weird to watch as he is properly out of the Djimi Traore/Mamadou Sakho school of being gangly as fuck, and he's not ever going to dribble his way out of danger in the same stylish way as, say, Cavaleiro or Neves, but he is (or was) effective in his own way.

Forgive me, this is neither here nor there. He is certainly a lovely bloke, though; he still posts things on Instagram that are very much banging the Wolves drum.

Back