• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Wolves Under 23s make the trip to Bury this evening as they play their first game of this season's Premier League Cup.

The tournament has taken up a new format this season - Wolves are set to play six games in the group stages of this season's competition.

Wolves are in Group C alongside Bournemouth, Norwich City and tonight's opponents Bury, with all sides playing each other home and away.

Morgan Gibbs-White is unavailable for tonight's fixture as he is on international duty with England - Ming Yang-Yang in the squad for the first time since signing for the club in late August.

Squad: Harry Beasley, Joe Young, Oskar Buur Rasmussen, Anthony Breslin, Pedro Goncalves, Hakeem Odoffin, Cameron John, Dan Armstrong, Elliot Watt, Adam Osbourne, Andrew Sealey-Harris, Carlos Heredia, Aaron Collins,Donovan Wilson, Jose Xavier, Ryan Rainey, Sherwin Seedorf, Ming Yang-Yang.

Nice one. Was just going to check on that (y)

PLAYER NOT DEAD ALERT

Prince in the U23 Squad v Villa tonight but marked in as a defender (as is Hause, Ronan & Zyro. I guess having a near fully fit squad means Nuno is having to use the U23's for players returning/not in the squad)

DMQoMvWWkAAB2ow.jpg:large

Weird that Prince is down as a defender though! I do feel sorry for how it worked out for him because I don't think he's a terrible player but he's not gonna get anywhere near this team.

Good minutes for Hause especially. I'm keen to see him back involved, he could be seriously good in this team. Boly-Miranda-Hause was how I imagined our first choice back three being before. Obviously Coady and Batth will have something to say about that but some very good options when all are fit.

Right now Hause is only getting in with suspension and injuries. Coady is a now a solid 1st pick and Batth hasn't put a foot wrong since Boly was injured. Even Boly faces a fight to get back in.

Definitely, but I'm sure at some point he will get an opportunity. Down to him to take it!

Definitely, but I'm sure at some point he will get an opportunity. Down to him to take it!

It will come. Although Miranda has cut down on the stupid challenges so pushing back what I thought would be a nailed on suspension by October

Hause and Boly will surely play at City next week though.

Miranda has been brilliant lately I think. As you say, rash challenges have been cut out and I think that is just down to being able to settle into the team and this league. Quality footballer.

That's a good point regarding the City game actually, we will still have a pretty decent side out for that game even if we rest most!

That was Rodders' best game for us on Saturday by a country mile. He was fantastic.

Oniangue wearing #2 tonight, right back?!!

It's a back four for the U23s normally

0-2 down, Villa are getting their own back for the weekend result.

Lost 2-0. Early goals did it. From the Twitter feed we did everything but score.

Back