• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Seedorf - golden chance

Quick break & no pressure then puts his shot further away from the goal than he was at the time he took the shot

Burgoyne has made some really good saves BUT he rarely comes off his line for crosses and he really struggles with his kicking.

We've defended bravely but been really hanging on. Struggling to keep any kind of possession

Good save by Burgoyne - out quickly to shut down a 1 on 1 chance

Looks like they are tiring against a team who are playing a number of senior players

Won 0 - 1 in the end

Up against it in the second half & need to learn to protect the ball when we have it, but some good defending

Wilson on 10 mins

Newcastle played a number of senior players so not a bad result at all

Gibbs-White is in the England u17 World Cup squad, so presume he's fine despite coming off early last night.

Gibbs-White is in the England u17 World Cup squad, so presume he's fine despite coming off early last night.

Maybe just a case of starting him with the clear intention of taking him off after a set period of time thus easing him back in

Maybe just a case of starting him with the clear intention of taking him off after a set period of time thus easing him back in

I did think this at first but you wouldn't do it that way round. You'd bring him on with 30 minutes left as other players would be tired and he would be fresh. Seems daft to me.

Pleased for the lad he's in the England set-up as I think he's going to be a fantastic player. A real box-to-box midfielder.

He tweeted after the game to say it was planned. I'd agree that it's an odd way to go about it, but that was seemingly the case.

I did think this at first but you wouldn't do it that way round. You'd bring him on with 30 minutes left as other players would be tired and he would be fresh. Seems daft to me.

Pleased for the lad he's in the England set-up as I think he's going to be a fantastic player. A real box-to-box midfielder.

To be fair I think they wanted to make that 30 minutes as real as possible so although it might be good to be eased in perhaps they wanted to challenge him straight away.

It's not what I would do but it wouldn't massively surprise me if we tried him at RWB at some point.

It's not what I would do but it wouldn't massively surprise me if we tried him at RWB at some point.

Never really played a defensive position (& the wing back does need to be able to cover there ideally) at all so not sure how he would cope with that

Burgoyne having a couple of days training with the England U21s (no, me neither)

Done that before. Southgate loves keepers so is working on a world cup squad with 20 of them

6-1 win for our under 18's against Blues.

It is the scoreline that the zulus seem to love lately.

I will be fucking delighted if we got promoted as champions and that sack of steaming shite took the drop with Notlob.

Back