• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

Batth's passing has improved tenfold as he's looking for them and making them instead of blindly wellying the fuck out of the ball. Having said that, he still plays second fiddle to Miranda in the quality stakes.

Until this season he has generally had 2 choices when on the ball 1) Hoof 2) Hoof it down the channels and hope someones runs after it. Easy for him now as he has about 5 different options to make a simple pass every time

Until this season he has generally had 2 choices when on the ball 1) Hoof 2) Hoof it down the channels and hope someones runs after it. Easy for him now as he has about 5 different options to make a simple pass every time

True.

Batth was clearly uncomfortable on the ball at times yesterday. You could see that his teammates were hesitating to pass him the ball as well.

He's just not that player though so I won't hold that against him. He's got Coady/Roderick/Boly next to him to do that for him.

Danny looks noticeably slimmer to me too (not that he was ever what you'd call overweight). If he's forcing his way back into the reckoning with his performances then fair play to him and it can only be good news moving forward.

It baffles me to read some people saying Miranda is bad on the ball then imply Batth was good on the ball? Nonsense.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Who has actually said those words?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All about opinions. I'm with you I can't see where people are coming from on this. To say he was hooked because he was crap is clearly rubbish.

As for saying Danny Batth is better on the ball, that's just ridiculous.

Generally I'm sure Miranda is better on the ball, he was afterall signed to be a ball playing CB. However last night there was very little in it between the two. Batth however waa dominant in the air, timed his tackles well and lead the team well. Miranda, at least on this showing didn't do any of those things particularly well.

I feel that as the game went on Miranda was becoming more and more of a liability, and that is why Saiss replaced him.

Who has actually said those words?

You said in your ratings that said Batth had adapted well to Nunos system, which of course is very heavily possession based. Then you go on to slate Miranda on the ball.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Generally I'm sure Miranda is better on the ball, he was afterall signed to be a ball playing CB. However last night there was very little in it between the two. Batth however waa dominant in the air, timed his tackles well and lead the team well. Miranda, at least on this showing didn't do any of those things particularly well.

I feel that as the game went on Miranda was becoming more and more of a liability, and that is why Saiss replaced him.

You were watching a different game to me. I don't agree with any of your assessments there and you're guessing at why Saiss was brought on,

At no point during the game did Miranda look a liability

Batth has performed satisfactorily, though helped by playing in a team where other players are near enough for him to make easy(ish) passes to & are moving rather than merely standing there looking at the sky & wondering where they are which was often the case previously.

He has done well to take on board the new environment though don't think I would include him in our best 11

You were watching a different game to me. I don't agree with any of your assessments there and you're guessing at why Saiss was brought on,
I suggest you go back and re read my player ratings if you feel you disagree with everything i say.

When a defender is brought off with around 10 mins to go for a player to play in the same position it's safe to suggest that the manager feels he isn't playing very well, is tired or injured. I'm going with the former as he neither looked tired (like Cav did) or injured It's hardly a leap is it?

I thought Batth was the best of the three CBs yesterday but he's clearly the worst of the lot with the ball at his feet. There were a few times that he was pressured and gave the ball away with poor passing. Miranda may make me nervous in one-on-one situations but he's fine in the air and very comfortable dribbling the ball (I can't say if he's more comfortable than Boly but he is definitely moreso than Coady and Batth).

You said in your ratings that said Batth had adapted well to Nunos system, which of course is very heavily possession based. Then you go on to slate Miranda on the ball.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Miranda was bought with the reputation that he was a ball playing defender, so i expect him to be good on the ball yet there was little of note to suggest that last night.

We know that Batth has a reputation (rightly) for not being so good on the ball, yet last night he was fine.

I expect different qualities from different players, don't you?

Up to the others to put their chances away as well then. 15 goals from Leo would be a great return but those around him need to be in double figures as well.

Jota missed an easier chance than Leo last night.

I wouldn't argue with any of that Kenny, but not converting chances very nearly cost us last night. Without a great goal from a centreback we're on the end of a 2-3 home loss despite dominating and creating a multitude of chances we didn't convert. I'm not being negative for the sake of it, I think that's a realistic view and something that needs improving on.

I suggest you go back and re read my player ratings if you feel you disagree with everything i say.

When a defender is brought off with around 10 mins to go for a player to play in the same position it's safe to suggest that the manager feels he isn't playing very well, is tired or injured. I'm going with the former as he neither looked tired (like Cav did) or injured It's hardly a leap is it?

Or maybe he thought bringing on a fresh Saiss in that position would allow Vinagre a little more license to get forward to search for an equalizer/winner. Miranda has played a lot of football recently. He didn't look completely knackered but it's impossible that he was moving at full clip after 75 minutes of football.

You're guessing. You have no idea and managers also substitute for tactical reasons. Which this substation could well have been.

Or the game was level at 2-2 and Nuno thought that having a left-footed midfielder offered us a better option of finding the winner. There is no slight on Miranda by saying that a CM is better than him at passing

Or the game was level at 2-2 and Nuno thought that having a left-footed midfielder offered us a better option of finding the winner. There is no slight on Miranda by saying that a CM is better than him at passing

Saiss did slot in right where Miranda had been, to be fair.

Miranda was bought with the reputation that he was a ball playing defender, so i expect him to be good on the ball yet there was little of note to suggest that last night.

We know that Batth has a reputation (rightly) for not being so good on the ball, yet last night he was fine.

I expect different qualities from different players, don't you?

What are you finding so hard to understand that people don't hold the same opinion as you about Miranda?

Back