• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

I think Miranda has been excellent so far, proper centre half. Physically commanding, tactically astute and calm in possession. It's just that people are comparing him to Big Wily on the other side which is just unfair.

Well in my opinion he didn't look like any of those things last night, he was rash in the tackle, got bullied in the air, and his passing was average at best. He got forward well a couple of times in the first half though.

But why is how our defence was in 2016 relevant?

What else should we use as a comparator?

You can use other top end Champ teams if you like. I'd take Miranda over Ryan Shotton who Boro have just signed. Or Richard Keogh. Or Liam Cooper. Or 2017's John Terry for that matter.

Well in my opinion he didn't look like any of those things last night, he was rash in the tackle, got bullied in the air, and his passing was average at best. He got forward well a couple of times in the first half though.

You're making him sound like Kaspars Gorkss. He's a good player and he played quite well last night.

What else should we use as a comparator?

You can use other top end Champ teams if you like. I'd take Miranda over Ryan Shotton who Boro have just signed. Or Richard Keogh. Or Liam Cooper. Or 2017's John Terry for that matter.

Well that makes a lot more sense, as this season we have spent money that suggests we are gunning for a top 6, or even top 2 finish. So yeah, it makes far more sense to compare Miranda to other top end defenders at this level rather than with one that was lucky to finish 15th last season, may as well compare us with Barnsley's who finished 14th last season.

Johnny has it spot on for me good report mate.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Weird to say Dan has a hatred of Bennett when you are coming far more across that way with your views on Miranda :icon_lol:

If he was playing quite well, why did Nuno take him off?

Dunno,knackered,one card away from a sending off,can't cope with a wet September Tuesday night in Wolverhampton?
Why did nuno take him off then?

Thought Bennett looked decent in pre season. I'm not a professional manager though and as pointed out he's like 7th choice at the minute or whatever. I'll trust Nuno!

Good read btw DW. Felt like it could have gone on a bit longer but that's just being greedy

Thought Bennett looked decent in pre season. I'm not a professional manager though and as pointed out he's like 7th choice at the minute or whatever. I'll trust Nuno!

To me he's the equivalent of Stearman last season. Probably not a bad guy to have involved in the dressing room and behind the scenes but utimately not good enough anymore for where we are aiming to be. He did OK against Saints but if he is behind Deslandes at the moment you can see where he is in Nuno's thinking.

Weird to say Dan has a hatred of Bennett when you are coming far more across that way with your views on Miranda :icon_lol:

I had no pre conceived ideas on Miranda, i just felt he was poor last night, and the weakest of the 4 CBs we employed last night. I expect, and hope for better performances from him in future, i'm sure Nuno does too, else he wouldn't have subbed him.

I am of the opinion that he subbed him in order to give us a bit more balance in possession and also going forward. Saiss is more comfortable on the left side (as he is left footed) and as a midfielder he was more likely to move forward with the ball and be able to play better forward passes. I don't think Miranda had been crap and as the defender who has played the most minutes alongside Coady it made sense to take him off (was he on a booking as well?)

I didn't think Miranda played that badly last night. Against Cardiff he struggled imo, but last night he was fine without being spectacular. A couple of misplaced passes I grant you, but none of the 3 goals can be attributed to him, and he was pretty tidy I thought defensively.

Jota was the only player we had booked last night (and that was a fucking nonsense)

It baffles me to read some people saying Miranda is bad on the ball then imply Batth was good on the ball? Nonsense.

It baffles me to read some people saying Miranda is bad on the ball then imply Batth was good on the ball? Nonsense.

All about opinions. I'm with you I can't see where people are coming from on this. To say he was hooked because he was crap is clearly rubbish.

As for saying Danny Batth is better on the ball, that's just ridiculous.

Batth's passing has improved tenfold as he's looking for them and making them instead of blindly wellying the fuck out of the ball. Having said that, he still plays second fiddle to Miranda in the quality stakes.

Back