• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

I'm not a Miranda fan so far, I've seen him weak in the tackle, get caught under the ball and switch off allowing runners in behind. Last night though he was (guessing Johnny [emoji6]) subbed because we were on the front foot trying to win the game and Saiss could push up into midfield and be better on the ball.

I wouldn't argue with any of that Kenny, but not converting chances very nearly cost us last night. Without a great goal from a centreback we're on the end of a 2-3 home loss despite dominating and creating a multitude of chances we didn't convert. I'm not being negative for the sake of it, I think that's a realistic view and something that needs improving on.

Are you seriously moaning about us not scoring more than 3? What is wrong with people today?

Saiss did slot in right where Miranda had been, to be fair.

Yes, I know. But when we are playing the ball out from the back, maybe Nuno thought that Saiss would be better than Miranda at doing this. I highly doubt Nuno thought "Miranda is looking a liability, better get Saiss into centre-half" I'm certain the change was made tactically, it was no surprise that when Saiss came on he was carrying the ball further into Bristol's half than Miranda had done.

I'm not a Miranda fan so far, I've seen him weak in the tackle, get caught under the ball and switch off allowing runners in behind. Last night though he was (guessing Johnny [emoji6]) subbed because we were on the front foot trying to win the game and Saiss could push up into midfield and be better on the ball.

That would be my guess too. ;)

I don't agree with your assessment of Miranda either but it's all about opinions.

What are you finding so hard to understand that people don't hold the same opinion as you about Miranda?
That he was the weakest of our 4 CBs last night?

But they do!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I know. But when we are playing the ball out from the back, maybe Nuno thought that Saiss would be better than Miranda at doing this. I highly doubt Nuno thought "Miranda is looking a liability, better get Saiss into centre-half" I'm certain the change was made tactically, it was no surprise that when Saiss came on he was carrying the ball further into Bristol's half than Miranda had done.

Ah, thought you meant that Saiss came on and played in midfield.

As you were, then.

Wouldn't Batth be the one to make way if you were looking at maximum improvement from your back three's distribution?

Wouldn't Batth be the one to make way if you were looking at maximum improvement from your back three's distribution?

You'd have to balance that with Batth being the best of the three defending long balls. Miranda is generally okay in the air but gets caught under hoofs into the channels too often, something Nuno has probably identified.

Miranda has been our third best CB this season so far behind Boly and Coady. I've no problem with Saiss covering at LCB and Danny at RCB.

Well by that logic why not take Batth off? If Miranda is so infinitely better on the ball than him? (Thank god we didn't).

I like my defenders to defend, and if they are supposed ball playing defenders i want them to be exceptionally good on the ball to make up for them not being as great at defending.

Anyway we are doing this to death, in summary:

No Miranda didn't cost us any goals, and no he didn't do anything spectacularly wrong. However i feel that he lacks strength, wasn't that great on the ball and was rash in the tackle, thus that he was the weakest of the 4 cbs last night, and i worry he will cost us goals. I hope this was just an off night for him.

It seems even slightly criticising one of our new players is deemed controversial on this forum which is a shame.

I'm not sure you're batting with the full eleven here so I'll respectfully dip out of your nonsense.
So I'm insane because i don't share your opinion? Ok mate, nice one.

You'd have to balance that with Batth being the best of the three defending long balls. Miranda is generally okay in the air but gets caught under hoofs into the channels too often, something Nuno has probably identified.

Does he? Coady has but I don't really remember Miranda getting caught.

What exactly did Miranda do wrong against brizzle? Seemed ok to me and he has that "professional" element of his game where he can get away with holding players etc. Some of the others could learn from him in that respect

It seems even slightly criticising one of our new players is deemed controversial on this forum which is a shame.

I can have more of a go at Ryan Bennett if you like.

Well by that logic why not take Batth off? If Miranda is so infinitely better on the ball than him? (Thank god we didn't).

I like my defenders to defend, and if they are supposed ball playing defenders i want them to be exceptionally good on the ball to make up for them not being as great at defending.

Anyway we are doing this to death, in summary:

No Miranda didn't cost us any goals, and no he didn't do anything spectacularly wrong. However i feel that he lacks strength, wasn't that great on the ball and was rash in the tackle, thus that he was the weakest of the 4 cbs last night, and i worry he will cost us goals. I hope this was just an off night for him.

I'm the guy that's on a the same chapter if not the same page as you, but as Batth was playing on the right and Miranda the left hooking him was the more sensible option, otherwise you are then shuffling Miranda to the right and making two positional changes

Opinions are like arseholes as we've all got one. We don't want to replicate Naked Attraction and dispose of folk from the forum of the ones we don't like. Let's all keep it civil lads please.

I'm the guy that's on a the same chapter if not the same page as you, but as Batth was playing on the right and Miranda the left hooking him was the more sensible option, otherwise you are then shuffling Miranda to the right and making two positional changes
But i don't think that was the reason he brought Miranda on for Saiss. I was just countering the argument that it was for Saiss's passing ability.

Although i wasn't there last night just thought i'd give my thoughts on a couple of things.

The challenge on Batth is definitely a penalty, yes Wright i think it was for them wins the ball but he basically forearm smashes Danny in the face in doing so, not sure you've ever been allowed to do that and he knows what he's doing.

Their penalty while i can understand why it's given Vinagre is turning away and when you do that your arm comes out, no way was it intentional or unnatural but his arm was out. Linesman should be giving it though, ref has guessed.

Bennett is poor, seen him plenty enough times for Norwich and every other centre half that has played this season is better than him and so is Hause.

Bonatini is class, anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't get his role.

Miranda is miles better than Batth on the ball, think some are seeing things they want to see. Miranda never really worried me on the ball when i've seen him and have it on good authority Batth was poor on the ball last night.

Back