• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

He's just jumping for the ball, it's a contact sport FFS.

He's just jumping for the ball, it's a contact sport FFS.

He's not Mark. Watch his right arm and what it does when he's headed it, follows through to catch Danny. Contact sport doesn't allow you to deliberately hit players in the face.

The other thing we forget with Miranda is,he's only been in the country 3 months tops,surely he's allowed an off day every now and then while he's still settling in? It's got to be difficult doing a new job in the public eye,while in a strange country with all the little say to day issues you will have

He's not Mark. Watch his right arm and what it does when he's headed it, follows through to catch Danny. Contact sport doesn't allow you to deliberately hit players in the face.
What reason has the City player got for striking someone who isn't even challenging him? It's essentially a free header.

Maybe if Batth had at least jumped and made some sort of effort to compete for the header then his head wouldn't have been down there for contact to happen.

What reason has the City player got for striking someone who isn't even challenging him? It's essentially a free header.

Maybe if Batth had at least jumped and made some sort of effort to compete for the header then his head wouldn't have been down there for contact to happen.

I have no idea but he definitely does it, it's a strange thing to do but players do stupid things like Lansbury for Villa last night too. He leads with his arm but then forces it through for some strange reason. Just logically thinking about going up for a header leading with your right arm it will come back down naturally to your right side his doesn't it goes through to the left.

Baath was about to jump and then got an elbow in the face, that's why he wasn't able to jump.

Are you saying leading with your elbow is ok?

I have no idea but he definitely does it, it's a strange thing to do but players do stupid things like Lansbury for Villa last night too. He leads with his arm but then forces it through for some strange reason. Just logically thinking about going up for a header leading with your right arm it will come back down naturally to your right side his doesn't it goes through to the left.
He doesn't even look at Batth, his eyes are on the ball the entire time.

I think the force comes from the City player launching himself forwards to get the ball, he's got a lot of ground to make up when he jumps. I don't see any danger in that though, it's Batth's non-challenge coming in on the deck that causes all the problems on my opinion. If Batth jumps they just clash body to body and both fall on their arse but he just runs in doing nothing.

Baath was about to jump and then got an elbow in the face, that's why he wasn't able to jump.

Are you saying leading with your elbow is ok?
Some reactions your boy Danny has got to dip out of the jump last minute, he's never even competing for that header. City player does fuck all wrong.

Going to have to agree to disagree Mark, he definitely sees him coming and does him. Maybe he thinks Batth is going to clatter him i don't know but he definitely forearm smashes him in the face and follows through unnaturally.

For somebody who wasn't there Mark you've got some strong opinions.

Going to have to agree to disagree Mark, he definitely sees him coming and does him. Maybe he thinks Batth is going to clatter him i don't know but he definitely forearm smashes him in the face and follows through unnaturally.

Wright and Flint were very tough and uncompromising all night, they smashed, Jota, Leo, Batth, N'Daiye and Cav a number of times.

Some reactions your boy Danny has got to dip out of the jump last minute, he's never even competing for that header. City player does $#@! all wrong.

I don't think he chose to duck out of the header, he got smashed in the face by an elbow.

Miranda was bought with the reputation that he was a ball playing defender, so i expect him to be good on the ball yet there was little of note to suggest that last night.

We know that Batth has a reputation (rightly) for not being so good on the ball, yet last night he was fine.

I expect different qualities from different players, don't you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Irrespective of how well Batth played last night the difference between him and Miranda in terms of quality on the ball was and is night and day.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bloody hell Danny, how dare you not jump for a ball. You deserve to get smashed in the face.

It's a crazy argument Mark.

Wright and Flint were very tough and uncompromising all night, they smashed, Jota, Leo, Batth, N'Daiye and Cav a number of times.

That's what they do, they are big strong physical centre halves. Not to be billy big bollocks here but i've spoken to someone who has a lot to do with Bristol City and he agreed it was a penalty, even laughed when i told him that their assistant had said it was a foul the other way.

On top of that he also mentioned that Miranda may have spat at Flint, not sure whether anything will come of that but we shall see.

Bloody hell Danny, how dare you not jump for a ball. You deserve to get smashed in the face.

It's a crazy argument Mark.
Not to me.

If Batth jumps and actually challenges for the header then there's no question of a forearm smash or leading with an elbow as the players just bounce off one another. The argument only exists because the City play was far more committed to the challenge than Batth and that mismatch lead to some stray contact.

I see zero malice or intent in that challenge, City player wanted it more and he won it fairly.

He won the ball, yes. He wanted to leave something on him too and he did. Reckless and a pen for me. It's not 1986.

I don't see it, going for the ball and made sure he got it. Committed defending.

Back