• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

I don't think it was a pen either, the reason for me is that it's not Batth's ball that the defender comes through him to clatter him and win - It's the defenders ball all day long, Batth is never getting there and effectively just runs into the guy heading it and gets a whack for his troubles. As Mark said he's not even off the ground.

at the current rate, that 15 goals would be worth 15 points. Better conversion rate gets us promoted, current one doesn't
Up to the others to put their chances away as well then. 15 goals from Leo would be a great return but those around him need to be in double figures as well.

Jota missed an easier chance than Leo last night.

What was the free kick for?
God knows!!

But he pointed back to the area where a City and Wolves player had been as being the foul. It's a shame we don't have the footage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's funny really, for all the talk of the Batth penalty, the far more clean cut penalty that no one claimed for at the time was when Jota shot over in the first half and was clattered by their defender, he took a while to get back to his feet, may have received treatment. It's weird how these are never given, yet are always given outside the box.

The only time i can remember Wolves getting a penalty for this type of challenge was when Keogh was taken out after shooting away at Charlton in our 3-1 in the promotion season. It annoys me, as this is an opportunity for a "free hit" by the defender on an attacker.

at the current rate, that 15 goals would be worth 15 points. Better conversion rate gets us promoted, current one doesn't

It's actually 20 goals he's on pace for. (3 in 7). Jota is also on pace for 20. There's 40 goals right there. I'm sure Cav and Costa will be weighing in with 10-12 goals each so that's 60+ goals.

Batth has 5 in 10 too.

I don't feel it's overly fair to compare the goals that Leo has compared to our non scoring forwards last season though. The team that Leo is playing in is far, far better.

On Bristol City's penalty, last night I was convinced it wasn't a penalty. After watching the highlights today I think it was the correct decision.

On the appeal for a penalty on Batth, would like to see a replay of it. I didn't think it was a penalty at the time (although I was screaming for it) It looked like the Bristol player won the header and then they clashed, but I could be wrong.

Batth has 5 in 10 too.

I don't feel it's overly fair to compare the goals that Leo has compared to our non scoring forwards last season though. The team that Leo is playing in is far, far better.

That's a fair point but there is no other comparison you can make. Your point about Danny Batth is a good one and I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for him to get 5 goals across the season if he plays regularly.

We should be aiming for 92 goals scored whatever happens. It's up to Nuno to then work out how to stop conceding soft set piece goals.

On Bristol City's penalty, last night I was convinced it wasn't a penalty. After watching the highlights today I think it was the correct decision.

On the appeal for a penalty on Batth, would like to see a replay of it. I didn't think it was a penalty at the time (although I was screaming for it) It looked like the Bristol player won the header and then they clashed, but I could be wrong.

I think DW makes a good point in his article about the Assistant flagging for a corner when he had the best view of all. Maybe the ref should've gone over and spoken to him first rather than audition for the YMCA.

When Boly is fit how about leaving Batth in and "resting" Miranda??

When Boly is fit how about leaving Batth in and "resting" Miranda??

Wouldn't be averse to resting Coady rather than Miranda as I think Coady is the weakest of the defenders. But I don't think Nuno is going to do that or he would've done it already.

I think DW makes a good point in his article about the Assistant flagging for a corner when he had the best view of all. Maybe the ref should've gone over and spoken to him first rather than audition for the YMCA.

The AR did signal the corner, and I don't think the ref saw it properly and has had a guess. I think ultimately the decision was correct, although I'm not sure how he got to it.

Wouldn't be averse to resting Coady rather than Miranda as I think Coady is the weakest of the defenders. But I don't think Nuno is going to do that or he would've done it already.

I think that Nuno recognised that Miranda was getting pulled around a fair bit yesterday, and made a good call in taking him off for Saiss. It wouldn't surprise me to see the same back 3 that finished the game last night, start the game on Saturday. (assuming Boly is still injured)

If you remove preconceived ideas and opinions, Batth has been better than Miranda in the last two games. If that continues then he deserves to keep his place when Boly is fit.

If you remove preconceived ideas and opinions, Batth has been better than Miranda in the last two games. If that continues then he deserves to keep his place when Boly is fit.

Definitely.

Early days, but when you consider how well Vinagre, Neves, N'Diaye, Ruddy, Leo, Jota, Boly and Douglas have performed, from the new signings Miranda has probably been the least impressive.

Definitely.

Early days, but when you consider how well Vinagre, Neves, N'Diaye, Ruddy, Leo, Jota, Boly and Douglas have performed, from the new signings Miranda has probably been the least impressive.

Bennett.

Anyone else notice how Bristol were allowed to bring on Yeovil player Zoko last night :icon_surprised:

Back