• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - Bristol 3 the more excitement in one game than the whole of last season ve

I'm fairly sure the Bennett deal was all signed and sealed if not announced on Lambert's watch. I don't really count him as a Summer signing as such, even though I appreciate he technically was.

As for those saying Leo isn't good enough - he's never played football in this country before, yet has equalled the goal tally of any of our strikers from last season by mid-September after only 7 matches, looks more than likely to get good chances every time he plays, has really good link up play, is the most intelligent striker we've seen here in years and is still only 23. If he continues to get into good positions and create chances for others which he does every time he's played thus far, he'll prove to be an excellent signing. So far so good IMO.

I'm not quite sure why people are demanding more from him. He's great. I'm a fan.
He's not rapid though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Miranda was equally as good as Batth on Saturday against Millwall.

I can see Nuno being careful with him though, and have no problem with Batth playing a few games here and there. In a better team he clearly looks better and he's stopped just hoofing it aimlessly. Miranda looks rash in the challenge at the minute and gets a bit flustered, which I expect to stop when he becomes more acclimatised. He's been thrown in and done pretty well so far from what I have seen.

What in Bennett's 5 minutes against Hull impressed you?

Or was it the two league cup games?

I'm simply saying he has done nothing notably bad. And the reports from both league cup games were that he played well.

Whilst he clearly wasn't a Nuno signing, given how many games he has played both at this level and above he is a decent if unspectacular player, despite DW's bizarre hatred.

Wouldn't say Miranda had a bad game last night. It was a bit frentic at times but you look at the goals:

1) Ruddy might have got his punch further clear, we had more than one chance to clear it and Neves was most at fault

2) Handball by Vinagre (I still say it's not a penalty, but don't give the ref a decision to make)

3) The marking system fell down then Doherty played two Bristol players onside inside the space of a second or two by not getting out quick enough

Nothing to do with Rodders and it was rare that they actually threatened us, goals apart. In fact wasn't it four shots on target, three goals and Ruddy's late tip over from range?

I'm simply saying he has done nothing notably bad. And the reports from both league cup games were that he played well.

Whilst he clearly wasn't a Nuno signing, given how many games he has played both at this level and above he is a decent if unspectacular player, despite DW's bizarre hatred.

Hatred :icon_lol:

I thought he was shit six months ago, if you'd asked me to list 50 central defenders we could realistically sign he wouldn't have been on there, I'm not going to change my mind just because he plays for Wolves now.

He wasn't very good against Yeovil btw.

Only seen Bennett v Soton.

Whilst he was OK they continually played to his (& Batth's) main strength in trying to go past the defence wide & sling high crosses over

I'm happy to trust Nuno's judgement on this rather than ours & the fact that Deslandes has been preferred for bench sitting during Boly's absence tells it's own story

You weren't happy with the Ruddy or N'Diaye signings either though, I wonder if you will change your mind on those if they continue to perform.

We are wasting our fingers talking about Bennett, he will barely feature this season, i just find what i perceive to be over the top criticism of him to be odd.

As for Miranda, whilst he wasn't directly responsible for any of the goals, i just wasn't convinced by him. For a supposed ball playing CB he doesn't look any more comfortable on the ball than Batth, and he was rash in the challenge several times, i just feel that he looks like he has a mistake in him. I felt we looked far more solid with Saiss as his replacement, and the fact that Nuno felt he needed to take Miranda off for Saiss suggests he was also concerned.

What do you mean "will I change my mind", I've praised both extensively? Because they've played well.

I don't give a shit about being proven wrong or whatever. I explained with both why I wasn't happy, Ruddy had been going downhill at Norwich for a while and looked heavy. N'Diaye flopped at Sunderland and didn't stand out in the Hull games I saw. I've literally just written an entire section on N'Diaye and why I think that was.

I think Miranda has been absolutely fine so far TBH, again I can't quite understand the criticism. The defence is a world away from the class of 2016.

Comparisons with how our defence was in 2016 is daft really isn't it? As we are expecting/hoping to finish in the top 6, that side last year finished 15th, and that was possibly a little flattering.

Miranda may well have been fine in previous games, (although surely he was at fault against Cardiff), but last night i felt he looked the weakest link.

He doesn't look fine to me, looks 1 step away from a card most times he comes to meet the ball and at times looks a bit weak compared to Batth/Boly. His passing has actually been a bit underwhelming as well (Feel like he showcased what he could do a bit more in the friendlies and since it hasn't come off so much). That said - I love him, and feel like there's a few more notches to come from him which will make him a class CB. As a whole, the newly thrown together defence has done well so he deserves a chance from all of us.

What do you mean "will I change my mind", I've praised both extensively? Because they've played well.

I don't give a shit about being proven wrong or whatever. I explained with both why I wasn't happy, Ruddy had been going downhill at Norwich for a while and looked heavy. N'Diaye flopped at Sunderland and didn't stand out in the Hull games I saw. I've literally just written an entire section on N'Diaye and why I think that was.

Well i felt in both instances you were OTT to be unhappy with the signings, and similarly with Bennett, he is a more than adequate 7th/8th (!) choice CB.

My apologies for basing my opinion on what I have seen with my own eyes and wanting the very best players for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I really don't think I went OTT on N'Diaye :icon_lol: At best I mentioned in passing that he hadn't done that well at his past two English clubs.

My apologies for basing my opinion on what I have seen with my own eyes and wanting the very best players for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

I really don't think I went OTT on N'Diaye :icon_lol: At best I mentioned in passing that he hadn't done that well at his past two English clubs.

I accept your apology.

However, i'm sure you compared him with Seyi, which means you think he's fucking awful :)

Comparisons with how our defence was in 2016 is daft really isn't it?

Erm.. no? Because zonal marking aside, they look pretty solid to me. And Miranda has played in every game (I will concede the point about Cardiff as I didn't see that one) so is a key member of our revamped defence.

I think Miranda has been excellent so far, proper centre half. Physically commanding, tactically astute and calm in possession. It's just that people are comparing him to Big Wily on the other side which is just unfair.

Erm.. no? Because zonal marking aside, they look pretty solid to me. And Miranda has played in every game (I will concede the point about Cardiff as I didn't see that one) so is a key member of our revamped defence.

But why is how our defence was in 2016 relevant?

Back