• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Laughed at the Brennan Johnson interview at the end of MOTM 'We had chances to kill them off but couldn't' Apart from the one Sar tipped over just before we equalised what great chances were there Brennan ?
He missed an absolute sitter didn't he?

Edit. Ninja'd by the main man.

Dear Wolves.

Can you change the seats to the normal short flip down versions please, because as I was celebrating I fell back and where the seat normally is there wasn't a perch to catch my fat ass and I went sprawling.

Yours hurtingly

Quirk.

I didn’t catch the second half but I watched the first of Bournemouth/Newcastle and the former reminded me so much of us last season: slow, laboured build up play with players not taking risks and having zero confidence. We are not like that at all now - it’s so incisive and everyone knows where each other are. Sometimes the final ball or pass is dog shit, but the build-up is a joy and we are catching teams out.
This is a great way to look at things. I find it so easy to be critical when we get things wrong at the end of a move without considering what a good move it was in the first place. The more of that stuff we do, the better we'll get at it. It just happened to take 90 mins yesterday to bear fruit.

This is a great way to look at things. I find it so easy to be critical when we get things wrong at the end of a move without considering what a good move it was in the first place. The more of that stuff we do, the better we'll get at it. It just happened to take 90 mins yesterday to bear fruit.

Yep. I haven’t seen build-up like that since the Jimenez/Jota heydays. I’ll spare Lop the criticism as he set us up to firefight last season, but we’ve rarely been incisive in our build-up since Jimenez’s horrific injury.

We still mess up that final ball - pass, cross, whatever - but at least we are getting into those positions now. There aren’t many teams who can make it count every single time or more times than not, except City, but they are freaks.

Sometimes it just takes a moment of magic, or two (Sarabia you show off) for the chance to go in. We don’t let our heads drop now or inwardly “give up” when we miss chance after chance, or go behind. That is a huge mentality change to the past two years and is the biggest difference for me.

Back