• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Rotherham 0 a win that masks the truth verdict

Name me another left back? It was the lesser of 2 evils trust me

Saiss so deep we effectively played with 5 at the back - fine if your fullbacks get forward and give you width but crap if they don't. They didn't!

One tactic - long balls into the channels. Not pretty but more importantly not effective. If this is the best Lambert can do he can't go soon enough. Surely there has to be a better option. Though I understand Deutsch's view that a change now is pointless today left me feeling that without a change relegation looms large.

It's not the lesser at all. Doherty isn't very good but he's better than Saville at left back who offered zero today.

CBJ. Never given a fair chance IMO and 10 times the player Saville is. Not a Thelwell signing though so doesn't qualify for the cosy club.

CBJ. Never given a fair chance IMO and 10 times the player Saville is. Not a Thelwell signing though so doesn't qualify for the cosy club.

Yep agreed, swap Saville for CBJ. He is so far out of favour I forgot he was here! Fucking disgrace.

Saville was by far the better of the two fullbacks. There was a country mile between him and the black hole of possession!

Coady shouldn't be anywhere near the team in any position, it's bad enough that one manager thought he was good we've now had 3.

Btw I literally can't wait for the day Edwards leaves us - which will be when he retires unfortunately - just to see a Wolves team without him in it. I saw a picture of his passing map today and it's an absolute embarrassment.

OK, here are my extended thoughts on today's extravaganza.

It took me 5 minutes to work out we were playing a notional 352, I didn't notice it from kick off, but maybe we did straight away.
Within that you had Saiss as the middle of the 3 and Hause and Williamson wide of that, in the case of the latter so wide it was ridiculous, this clearly hadn't been worked on in training, it was thrown on the pitch today and should have cost us 3 goals in the first half.

Then we move onto the wingbacks, now I was critical of what I thought was our fullback selection before kick off, when you then realise they are wingbacks you have to laugh. The notion of Coady and Saville providing an attacking width is comical, meanwhile Marshall and Costa didn't know what was expected of them.

Costa is shot, compare his previous penalties against today's backpass, he won't be any good for for the rest of the season, he is gone.

For the second half we protected the point with a flat back 4 and Saville and Hause in particular played well, that said they missed a sitter in injury time.

I get the concept of a wins a win, I understand at the end of the end of the day we got 3 points, but we are as close to the relegation zone as we were before kick off and this bloke is taking us down I'd sack him tomorrow

It took me 5 minutes to work out we were playing a notional 352

Looked a loose 4-2-3-1 with Saville slightly further forward at times (which is what Doc tended to do). Thought Price and Edwards had shockers - could have done better but our final third lacked any effective passing and movement. Thought Saiss and Marshall put a few good balls through the channels. Not a lot else happened apart from the goal (for us)

Price was awful and i'd rather have doherty than saville if your employing wingbacks. Its getting a bit tense now this was a rubbish display,
whatever PL is telling them Im sure it aint "be shit at passing"

if we beat Liverpool at anfield keep that fucking team who got one ounce of confidence, bar injuries and bans and get some concistency, how hard is it really...you dont have to put the numbers of the players in a bingo ball every weekend to choose your team...GTFU Lambert

if we beat Liverpool at anfield keep that $#@!ing team who got one ounce of confidence, bar injuries and bans and get some concistency, how hard is it really...you dont have to put the numbers of the players in a bingo ball every weekend to choose your team...GTFU Lambert

That's fine away. At home we should be on the front foot. We have not been picking the teams to be on the front foot.

Lets be truthfully honest here, Jack Price is an average footballer and one that would serve at best as back up. The whole midfield is fucking ugly and needs sorting.

That's fine away. At home we should be on the front foot. We have not been picking the teams to be on the front foot.

as I have said 1000 times but we never do it...

Lets be truthfully honest here, Jack Price is an average footballer and one that would serve at best as back up. The whole midfield is fucking ugly and needs sorting.

I think it is not as easy as that..55/45 confidence/quality...and backroom staff + manager

Looked a loose 4-2-3-1 with Saville slightly further forward at times (which is what Doc tended to do). Thought Price and Edwards had shockers - could have done better but our final third lacked any effective passing and movement. Thought Saiss and Marshall put a few good balls through the channels. Not a lot else happened apart from the goal (for us)
It wasn't, Saiss played in the middle of a 3 for long periods of the first half

Back