• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

Nicked it off Twitter but made me smile

"Jackett has the look of a bloke 500 miles from home and he doesn't remember whether he left the oven on"

I understand your reasoning but until we find a new buyer I can`t see there being much investment in the close season for any Manager/Head Coach to do much. New Manager syndrome might work for a short period but it wouldn`t last I don`t think.

It aint new manager syndrome. KJ is incapable of putting out a team with attacking intent because he is a football coward who started off negative and every defeat has made him play more negative.
This tosser has stolen a living at Wolves while the happy clappers join him in his delusion.
When we are mathmatically safe he might play 2 up front at home. Fucking useless bullshitter thats all he is.

There is no point getting rid of Jackett now. Any manager we might be interested in is likely to be having or aiming for success this season and they would be doing nothing at Wolves but treading water until the end of this season.

A the moment I am just going to hold my nose and hope he walks in the summer.

There was nothing today that was interesting, exciting or a cause for optimism. I like Preston as a club, they are very similar to Wolves - but they are a poor side at the moment yet looked a good deal better than us in all areas today.

Bringing Rowe on when we were looking for a goal was a nonsense decision. Throwing one of the defenders up front and launching the ball in their direction would have been a better decision. Bringing ALF on for any defender or midfielder would have been a better decision.

We do need a new manager, but we need a new recruitment team too. Kevin Thelwell has a lot to answer for too! There is no point getting a new manager, If the recruitment team doesn't do it's job properly.

Trying to look for positives but failing. Poor team with poor tactics led my a.manager so. Clearly out of his depth as to make his selections laughable. There is enough depth to be doing better

We do need a new manager, but we need a new recruitment team too. Kevin Thelwell has a lot to answer for too! There is no point getting a new manager, If the recruitment team doesn't do it's job properly.

Agreed my friend. Abomination of a season. So many things wrong it is difficult to know where to start. I would change manager recruitment and at least 5 first team players

Agreed my friend. Abomination of a season. So many things wrong it is difficult to know where to start. I would change manager recruitment and at least 5 first team players

It is like we are employing people completey out of their depth!.

I dislike the culture of sacking the manager when things don't go the way we want them to but KJ who I have mostly supported is starting to baffle me, we all have our own idea of personnel and tactics but to sign a player for big money (by our standards) and for him to score on his debut and then be dropped for 2 games just seems like madness. We have no chance of going up and very little of going down so I don't understand why we are not putting out a team and trying tactics that will challenge for next year. As for KJ getting sacked, I would be very surprised, middle of the road clubs being in mid table usually doesn't warrant a sacking, in fact if we finish 10-16 I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here next season.

Difficult to know where they stand on recruitment at the moment, with Jackett using so few of the new signings with any regularity it's difficult to know if they're shit signings or not from the outside.

Only one thing scares me more than Jackett not being sacked, and that's Moxey and Thelwell being responsible for choosing a successor.

I can't believe this is down to Thelwell, or even Moxey for that matter.

Ok so with Morgan wanting out, there ain't a lot of cash to spend on players, BUT!! and it is a big BUT!! WE buy Wallace and don't play him, loan him out and he's virtually man of the match every week at Millwall.
We buy Morgan, who according to KT and JM we have been chasing for a while, who scores in his first game and then gets dropped because he doesn't fit the system, comes on as a sub today, and promptly scores again.

Alf must have been signed as tea maker for all the chances he gets to play.

Byrne is a decent enough winger/attacking full back given a run, but he has never had a run.

Saville has been out of favour for almost a season and now he's flavour of the month, along with the previously unwanted VLP.

Danny Baaath would have to die to be dropped.

And Tommy Rowe, bless him has done a Lazurus and actually risen from the dead and buried.

The nucleus of a decent side is sitting there waiting to be played, and Jackett just won't play them, or can't see how to play them.

If the club signs nobody without Jackett's final say so, then why are they here and not even looking like getting a game?

Worse still if deadly Dave was to show up fit tomorrow he would be the first name on the team sheet.

For me this is all down to Jackett and no one else.

I dislike the culture of sacking the manager when things don't go the way we want them to but KJ who I have mostly supported is starting to baffle me, we all have our own idea of personnel and tactics but to sign a player for big money (by our standards) and for him to score on his debut and then be dropped for 2 games just seems like madness. We have no chance of going up and very little of going down so I don't understand why we are not putting out a team and trying tactics that will challenge for next year. As for KJ getting sacked, I would be very surprised, middle of the road clubs being in mid table usually doesn't warrant a sacking, in fact if we finish 10-16 I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here next season.

Maybe there is bad feeling between Kenny and the recruitment team. Something isn't right. At the end of the day, he's paid to put a out a team, to try to win and entertain us. That isn't happening.

I can't believe this is down to Thelwell, or even Moxey for that matter.

Ok so with Morgan wanting out, there ain't a lot of cash to spend on players, BUT!! and it is a big BUT!! WE buy Wallace and don't play him, loan him out and he's virtually man of the match every week at Millwall.
We buy Morgan, who according to KT and JM we have been chasing for a while, who scores in his first game and then gets dropped because he doesn't fit the system, comes on as a sub today, and promptly scores again.

Alf must have been signed as tea maker for all the chances he gets to play.

Byrne is a decent enough winger/attacking full back given a run, but he has never had a run.

Saville has been out of favour for almost a season and now he's flavour of the month, along with the previously unwanted VLP.

Danny Baaath would have to die to be dropped.

And Tommy Rowe, bless him has done a Lazurus and actually risen from the dead and buried.

The nucleus of a decent side is sitting there waiting to be played, and Jackett just won't play them, or can't see how to play them.

If the club signs nobody without Jackett's final say so, then why are they here and not even looking like getting a game?

Worse still if deadly Dave was to show up fit tomorrow he would be the first name on the team sheet.

For me this is all down to Jackett and no one else.

I think KJ just chucks the names in a hat and pulls em out each week. There is simply no rhyme or reason to the team's he puts out. Hard to believe he is worse than Saunders, but at least that buffoon tried to win matches.

If you look at the Swansea forums though it's plain that KJ has form.

The thing is our squad is now better than the performance or result. It is the first time in years that is the case since relegation. Jackshitt has lost the plot with myopic and nonsensical selections, players clearly out of position or even worse out of form. We may well be safe this year but we need changes and fast

I wish we were in danger of going down, might just inject some urgency into the club.

Absolutely fed up of defending the indefensible, today was so far below the standard required that when I left the Molineux I didn't even care that we'd lost, because the players and management have given me absolutely no reason to do so.

I disagree with any comments saying that we should be doing better with the players we've got, though, I think they're all shite with the exception of Iorfa and Price. Ikeme dropped another howler for the second goal. Saville offered the square root of fuck all either going forward, or defensively. I barely noticed that Van La Parra had got subbed. Thought Byrne had a real chance to stake a claim for a place in the first team, and other than his free kick, just proved why Kenny doesn't trust him to start, because he offered nothing. Mason looked like what he is, namely a bang-average Championship striker. Did Sigurdarson touch the ball with his feet all afternoon?

Completely fuming.

And WHAT was the Tommy Rowe substitution about?

I still don't wholly buy into the narrative that Thelwell and the recruitment team are to blame here. I think we have players that are at least good enough to push the top 6. The simple fact is that we are employing a manager who won't drop players that need dropping (anymore) and careens from nonsense to nonsense in his tactics.

It would be one thing if Jackett were playing players out of position because he had no alternative. That is patently not the case.

He must go. Period.

The thing is our squad is now better than the performance or result. It is the first time in years that is the case since relegation. Jackshitt has lost the plot with myopic and nonsensical selections, players clearly out of position or even worse out of form. We may well be safe this year but we need changes and fast

I am not really with you on this cyber, our squad looks horrid to me. I don't want to give it the billy big bollocks treatment, however when I look at our squad it looks like the sort of squad I would associate with Charlton, Huddersfield etc, the sort of sides that don't financial try to compete with the so called 'bigger sides', I dislike that term but sure you know what I mean. We don't seem to spend what our fans want us to, however we have spent the sort of fees on players that a lot of the sides can't, and I feel that we don't have anything to show for it. Of the players I am seeing that performed well today, no one in the top 10 would be interested in them.

I didn't pay attention what so ever today, and am considering taking a sabbatical until something changes as it's too painful being pissed off all the time.

Back