• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

This talk of 'playing in the wrong areas' pisses me off. Ken obviously thinks that the solution for this mess is to play even less football. More hoofball on the cards in the next few weeks.

Hard to write something constructive instead of flaming.

The defence was hilarious (as expected). Quite liked Doherty's dive (Eat your heart out Klinsmann) and VLP's pirouette thing raised a chuckle. Did we really give them two goals ??? This is PNE, the dreadful PNE apart their No.11. Finney, Wright and a few others would not have liked what those teams served up today.

Call me cynical but I just think Henry had a couple of 'moments' and then just didn't fancy it. Byrne added a bit of energy and endeavour but he is miles off it. Thought Saville looked a nervous wreck and Price was tidy and about the only leader on the pitch. Pretty sure I saw EEL telling Danny to get a grip. Think Coady thought he was in the Superbowl - all shoulders and no legs. There's a line backer in him I think.

The ref was like a dose of thrush.

We can't pass, we can't move, we can't defend and we haven't got a leader. Even Jack Price looked like a smelly fart.

MoM Mason

I did meet some very decent Preston fans in the Western. ONLY positive I can think of.

Here you go...

Sorry - pointless soundbites Kenny

Pick the right combination from what we have from the start and you might not have to answer questions about losing at home again

I don't know whether it's better for my health, but i can't get the sound to work on that video?

That was truly terrible. I knew when I saw the team selection it wasn't going to be great, but the performance surpassed even my low levels of expectation. VLP back to normal self, disgusting lack of effort knocked off the ball with ease. At least Kenny used three subs, but if your a goal down and need to grab a goal do you choose Tommy Rowe? Not starting Mason again just baffles me, can't fit the guy in who can score goals, nice. Apart from the few vitriolic chants atmosphere was dead, people are tired of this crap.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The defence is a shambles and he is scared to drop the Captain who can't attack a set piece, switches off and just can't do anything. I hate criticising our players but he is nowhere near good enough and it is cruel to play him. I'd love him to succeed but along with Doherty they are absolutely dreadful. I absolutely believe the trio of EEL, Hause and Iorfa have got something but they are being ruined. Iorfa isn't a right back - the kid needs to beef up and get in the middle. Give them some responsibility. The whole shambles in terms of formations is ultimately down to the defence. Grow some Kenneth.

What a fucking joke. Jackett needs to go now and hopefully we can end the season on a bit of a high. Everything was wrong from the start and it didn't get any better, whether that was starting with 3 dm's then switching to Saville on the left and eventually bringing Rowe on when you need a goal. We don't try to play any football at all and it's obvious the players have no confidence but with a manager like Jackett that's no surprise (playing in wrong areas by rolling the ball out - FUCK OFF)

Beyond pissed off with it all and i have no idea how anyone can think keeping Jackett for any longer is doing anything but hampering us.

As for the players, Iorfa is bang out of form and needs a rest but Doherty really can't defend. Batth so poor when doing anything but making a last ditch block, one point when he won two fantastic tackles then passed the ball to himself followed by his best rabbit in the headlights impression of standing still not knowing what to do before being tackled. Coady just awful and while Saville and Price tried to play they weren't good enough. Mason did ok, took his goal very well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moxey did make the chop soon to direct attention from himself a little.

That interview is as embarrassing as the performance. Talking complete nonsense. I recall in League one when we had a goalkick we would always look to play out, even when this put us under pressure. Now it's hoof at every opportunity, from the 2nd half kickoff it took us less than 10 seconds to pass it to a CH and launch it. Awful performance and clear from that interview Jackett no longer has any clue whatsoever and must go asap. I'm not holding my breath.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moxey did make the chop soon to direct attention from himself a little.

No chance he fires Jackett a few days after extolling the virtues of continuity at the FP. We're stuck with Jackett for the foreseeable.

Very surprised not to hear a "you can stick your early bird up your arse" today.

It's not getting any better and unfortunately don't think it will.

Very surprised not to hear a "you can stick your early bird up your arse" today.

It's not getting any better and unfortunately don't think it will.

That was sang along with you can stick your fucking tenner up your arse.

I think Kenny Jackett has got off very lightly this season looking at what we have served up. Looking at the championship this season it is a poor league and one that we should be competing in. We have a squad no matter how little we have spent that can do a bit in this league, we have a manager that has reached his limit as he has shown in the past and looking at the lack of motivation and fight in the team they know it to. Kenny is very limited tactically and his plan A has been found out, his selection and subs suggest he throws darts at a team sheet on a saturday morning. New owner or no new owner now is the time to make a change look at rowett at brum crook owner in jail no money, shown what you can do with a good football brain and we have spent a lot more that many in the championship this year. We are still a big draw at this level give someone time to assess what we have in the squad this year and then kick on next, i can't handle much more of kennys aimless hoof ball...

That was sang along with you can stick your fucking tenner up your arse.
Ah must have missed that. Heard the tenner one.

There was one sole voice in the South Bank who boomed out "you've picked the wrong team Jackett" in the first half.

Not the right time to get rid of Jackett. The Club is in enough turmoil already. First things first, we need a new owner.
Get real!
Do you know how long that may take? Jacketts tactics and man management will make the club unsellable Morgan wont sell for peanuts as we've found out he is very astute

I think the Morgan/Moxey out chants must be music to Jackett's ears as it basically safeguards his position until the ownership issue is sorted. I think were stuck with him until something else changes unfortunately.

I suppose this is the wrong time to mention a possible late push for the play offs...!

Back