• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Semi-Final: Watford 3-2 Wolves Verdict Thread

I dont understand the hate towards deulafeu and deeney... because theyre pricks?? So what? Because they want to win and gloat?? So what?? They dont cheat, they dont dive, they won fair and square. Id much rather a player is an absolute asshole but plays by the rules

Glad we got knocked out now...

"Ticket prices for this year’s Final have been frozen at £45, £70, £115 and £145"

A lot of money to watch City have 85% of the possession

Deeney is just jealous he can't fit his big fat head in a mask

If ever there was person who needed his face covering up its Troy Deeney. Hit every branch of the ugly tree.

Looks like an orc from Lord of the rings on a good day.

I was more confident of the potential city clash than the watford game. If I had to bet money on anyone taking out city in an important game it would be us. They also got injuries, champions league, battle for the 1st spot, etc

I was more confident of the potential city clash than the watford game. If I had to bet money on anyone taking out city in an important game it would be us. They also got injuries, champions league, battle for the 1st spot, etc
By the time the FA Cup Final comes round they are done in the League and its possibly wrapped up before their final game and then if in the Champs League Final they have 2 weeks to prepare.

We would give them a game but we would still spend most of the game watching them with the ball

Semi final

Hi All,

Not sure about anyone else but I am still gutted about the game on Sunday. Not listened to anything about it on the radio or tv & not bought a newspaper since.
I know it's a good season but I'm still hurting.......was anyone else there banging the roof?? Was awesome!!
And Deeney can still do one

Glad we got knocked out now...

"Ticket prices for this year’s Final have been frozen at £45, £70, £115 and £145"

A lot of money to watch City have 85% of the possession

I'm obviously disappointed to be knocked out before the final, but yeah, us losing has saved me a ton of money. :hmmm:

Getting over the dissapointment now - still proud of this team & what they have achieved this season.

Do we need to to build further from this? - clearly we do, but this is the first season back here with this lot & not sure that anyone expected us to be this good

As said - not going to the final saves a shedload of money & the Wembley area is a desert of anything decent really

Wembley is an absolute fucking shithole.

Wembley is an absolute fucking shithole.
The walk from the Wembley Park Tube is alreet...mainly as all you look at is the Stadium.

Really happy we chose Harrow for the pre match stuff. Not the nicest of towns but pub we used wasnt busy and then a 5 min tube journey. My parking for 24 hours and 2 tube trips = £20. Bargain.

Welcome King John.

Better mods than me (who actually know what they are doing :icon_smile:) will probably merge it with the main verdict thread.

I am still feeling fairly broken hearted. So near and yet so far.

No roof above me in 116 as I was a couple of rows in front of the overhang. However, the roof of the train carriage on the way in certainly got a good thrashing to Si Senor.

The walk is fine. The pubs though. Oh my word.

Just indescribably bad. To be brutally honest, if we get back to Wembley (and I am sure we will) I will stay in the Euston Flyer longer and aim to get to Wembley just in time to get into the ground before the last bit of build up and kick off. Double Six Shite Bar can get to fucking fuck for eternity.

The walk is fine. The pubs though. Oh my word.

Just indescribably bad. To be brutally honest, if we get back to Wembley (and I am sure we will) I will stay in the Euston Flyer longer and aim to get to Wembley just in time to get into the ground before the last bit of build up and kick off. Double Six Shite Bar can get to fucking fuck for eternity.

The Double 6 was...well no words but it did have the plus point of having a door dedicated to Glenn Hoddle with quite possibly the worst drawing of him ever done by man.
The Wolves fans in there at the time put Hi Ho on a loop on the Juke Box, then the Liquidator and then it all ended when they found a remix version which had them going nuts until the words "CHELSEA" blasted out. The singing and dancing stopped when they realised they had put the Chelsea version on.

Next time we get there then I'll consider booking an Uber for post-match and we can just pile away from that hellhole of an area ASAP. There are no good pubs at all. None. It's all absolutely shit on every level.

Pre-match we'll do the same as we did on Sunday or very similar.

An alternative is Harlesden and Willesden. At least I know the Willesden Junction is a good pub and I could see it from the train on Sunday so it is still there!

Next time we get there then I'll consider booking an Uber for post-match and we can just pile away from that hellhole of an area ASAP. There are no good pubs at all. None. It's all absolutely shit on every level.

I would happily walk back to Harrow...

I can't be the only one who thinks -

"You have the national stadium there. A serious number of matches where you can guarantee big crowds wanting lots of beer. How fucking hard is it to actually have a pub that doesn't make the Mos Eisley Cantina look like the Savoy fucking Grill?"

I can't be the only one who thinks -

"You have the national stadium there. A serious number of matches where you can guarantee big crowds wanting lots of beer. How fucking hard is it to actually have a pub that doesn't make the Mos Eisley Cantina look like the Savoy fucking Grill?"

Its the land price. Its not viable for anything other than match days

I get that.

But decoration, beer husbandry, staff training, toilet cleaning can all be dealt with within a shit shell like Double Six and make it at least acceptable. Serving over-priced wank in a cunt hole for a captive audience is just a cheap fucking rip-off trick.

Back