• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Boxing Day Verdict Thread

those 4 games- seven points in fact I will give you 6 points or more as the bet as that was my comment so 1 win and 3 draws gets you or 2 wins get you. 4 draws I win! 1 win 1 draw I win.Fair?

Aye, why not... It's just a bit of fun

And yes Johnny 75- Great as it is to beat chelsea I would have prefrered to have beaten Huddersfield at home because as a newly promoted side you start the season expecting 12 losses against the big six and any points there are a bonus. You hope not to lose at home but any away points are a real treat to so Man Utd at old Trafford is a great point. Its only wonderful if we now dont lose at home to them. IMHO

Beating Chelsea was infinitely better than beating Huddersfield for feeling elated. They are both worth the same in points.

Id still prefer to be beating Chelsea than Huddersfield. You may well think that we should beat Huddersfield and disappointed we were garbage but then City fans will feel the same about Leicester yesterday.

Thankfully football isn't played on who we should beat but on actual games and that's the beauty of it. I don't understand why you would be happier to beat Huddersfield than Chelsea just because we 'should' beat them. That's bizarre. I'm happy we are playing against some of the best players in the world week in week out and matching them in the main.

I thought Fulham were good value for their point and they'll take points off a lot of teams as the season goes on.

I thought Fulham were good value for their point and they'll take points off a lot of teams as the season goes on.

If teams handle Mitrovic as badly as we did, and he starts to convert half the chances we gave him they will.

If teams handle Mitrovic as badly as we did, and he starts to convert half the chances we gave him they will.

And there will be. I thought we played him well in the second half in the main bar one chance we gifted him.

I'm not sure if it's exclusively a football thing but it doesn't matter how well we do, how much we spend etc etc thete will always be a section of fans who want more.

Our progression and improvement as a football club both on and off the pitch over the past 15 months has been magnificent. We're above where I thought we'd be but for some, it's not enough. I find that puzzling.

Oh and the matchday threads on here are ridiculously negative, every single game. Go back and read them if you like. Every single time they're basically 90% posts just slagging us off. And not even all of them are Jinky's posts.

This is so true. I didn't see the Fulham game live as I was doing family stuff but followed the thread, then watched it back when I got home. It's like some people watched a different game. We weren't great but honestly, you'd think we'd returned to the Saunders era at times.

Has anyone met the Danks brothers? Are they as much of a twat as they come across on Twitter?

No, they’re not as arrogant in real life.

They’re doing my head in today though. Not sure I can debate Traore anymore.

It's the social media way - people tend to be extreme in their views and very trenchant. Not really a good thing tbh.

For everyone saying we should have beaten Fulham because they're bottom is missing how poor they defensively before Raneiri came in. They clearly had a shape about them and weren't over commiting on attacks like they had done previously.

I don't think they'll finish bottom now and I'd expect them to steadily improve over the rest of the season

Been away without Wifi for 3 days (can use my phone, but don't - or am too miserly - to pay for much data connection v that) - just seems weird how this thread has gone.

Why is anyone fussing about where we are given that we have an equal points difference between the top 4 & relegation zone in our first season back with a side that has no real PL experience (even it it has some seasoned Int players). We have played well in some games, poorly in one or two & Nuno is still learning as has got the tactics/personnel wrong once or twice.

We did spend money in the summer, but not as much as some others (a number of whom are still below us) & we we need a lot more to challenge further up - table position isn't the be all & end all (Palace have recently beaten Man City!).

Criticise when we get it wrong or collectively play badly, but there is no divine right to assume that you beat the teams at the bottom of the league any more than you will lose to the top four - against Fulham we were not great, but not inept either.

I will take these games any day over playing Walsall & Gillingham in League 1

Wolves fans have long had a reputation for looking at the world like that

Not just Wolves fans. All the football fans I've met tend to be delusional.

I love this team. We do not always get it right but I adore watching us play. Almost every game.

Fuck me. Is this argument STILL going on.

Can we just close the thread?

Eh?....Have some folks been watching last year's match at Fulham in error?
The one chance Mitrovic had 2nd half should have
Been pulled back for offside anyway.

And who the fuckety fuck fuck cares which teams we get 3 points from??? Makes no sense.

Back