• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

That was really, really uninspiring.

The back four are a car crash. The penalty was like watching a car crash in slow motion and it was hideous decision making on the part of Doherty. Really, really stupid. He was back to his imperious best. A little after this did anybody see him half heartedly swing a leg at a ball as it went out of play?

Saville apparently played today?

Coady was lucky too. Was very close to a leg breaker during the first half and was saved by the opponent not having his ley planted imo. Good opportunity too but decided to try and take it on the volley when he had time aplenty to take a touch and compose himself.

Im starting to think we should play Lonergan up front with his 1:2 goals to games ratio. Kicking was atrocious. Much like derby alot of play lead to the goal itself but it all started with old bananafeet.

JBD industrious but didn't really offer anything. No surprise.

Costa - ditto. Few mazy runs but easy to double up on with Saville doing fuck all.

Hause - thought he was quite steady a few heart in mouth moments but certainly not awful.

Iorfa - regressing. As i dont get to games often it seems alarming to me.

Dicko - looked sharp and made their defence nervous.

Cav/Tex - no real time to impact. Cav should've scored with one chance he did get.

I think Dicko has to start on thursday. He did more in 15 mins today than the entire side managed in the previous 45.

We have some hideous players on our books at the moment, i find it utterly backwards that to counter shit players having to play we play even more shit players. Play Dicko and one of Tex/Cav with Costa and start letting opponents fear our options.

The two tiers of shit philosophy makes doubling up on costa easy. It nullifies Bodvarsson entirely and lets them commit forward. It fucking confounds me that manages cant see this.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-XiOaYCDFts

$#@! me was he watching the same $#@!ing game? I hope that drivel was just for the cameras and behind closed doors he's bollocking at least 6 players whose performance was awful. Many changes needed

EH? did he really say "a lot of the new players have to realise what they are involved in"
Oh shit, i cant see this season ending well if Lambert thinks the old guard are the answer.

What a fucking idiot. At least Saunders was entertaining, this bloke is Saunders without the idiocy.

EH? did he really say "a lot of the new players have to realise what they are involved in"
Oh shit, i cant see this season ending well if Lambert thinks the old guard are the answer.

As he was referring to it defensively, it was probably a slip of the tongue, in fact he did correct himself and say 'players'.

As he was referring to it defensively, it was probably a slip of the tongue, in fact he did correct himself and say 'players'.

He also said he was pleased with the attacking at the start of the 2nd half and we just couldn't break them down. Really Paul, because from where I was sitting it was absolute Sunday League stuff of lumping it forward in the hope somebody wins the 2nd ball.

I'm getting cheesed off with manager after manager talking absolute drivel after the game.

There is a rotten culture at our club

I honestly do feel that our club is still quite behind the times. We have had two sets of players in recent times get far too comfortable and seemingly create a bad atmposphere at the hint of change. Regardless of whether he was good or not, the old guard of Mick's tenure were quick to see off Solbakken (and the foreign signings were sparingly used aside from Sako) and it feels like a similar situation now following another influx of signings.

And then our fans. Look at the way people took so long to be convinced by Sako. Would an English player who scored and assisted more than ten a season by questioned so much? Now we get the 'foreign lightweights' tag, which is just a load of nonsense. Costa, Teixeira, Bod, Saiss have come in and played key roles in our better performances.

Why people are so quick to defend players who have served up utter shit for well over a year now is beyond me.

He also said he was pleased with the attacking at the start of the 2nd half and we just couldn't break them down. Really Paul, because from where I was sitting it was absolute Sunday League stuff of lumping it forward in the hope somebody wins the 2nd ball.

I'm getting cheesed off with manager after manager talking absolute drivel after the game.

Fuck me I never thought I would say this. I completely agree with Johnny75 #offtoliedown

I honestly do feel that our club is still quite behind the times. We have had two sets of players in recent times get far too comfortable and seemingly create a bad atmposphere at the hint of change. Regardless of whether he was good or not, the old guard of Mick's tenure were quick to see off Solbakken (and the foreign signings were sparingly used aside from Sako) and it feels like a similar situation now following another influx of signings.

And then our fans. Look at the way people took so long to be convinced by Sako. Would an English player who scored and assisted more than ten a season by questioned so much? Now we get the 'foreign lightweights' tag, which is just a load of nonsense. Costa, Teixeira, Bod, Saiss have come in and played key roles in our better performances.

Why people are so quick to defend players who have served up utter $#@! for well over a year now is beyond me.

The club fucked up by not addressing the defensive issues that you would have to be registered blind not to see for the last 2 seasons

It's not just fans but coaches and managers too. It would be funny if it wasn't so downright bizarre.

Fans generally love a good scape goat, Karl Henry had it for years. I don't necessarily agree that there's some sort of xenophobia amongst a good proportion of our fans.

Hmm im not so sure, doesnt he refer to the Championship* after that? and if he is on about the defence then that involves Doherty,Hause,Iorfa and Stearman.
Apart from Hause, they arent players that need to know what this league is about.

*Im not sure as i sometimes struggle to understand what Lambert is saying.

The side today looks like it was picked by KJ last season I think PL needs to be the one and only one picking the team on merit not on previous seasons team

Also when are we going to score a goal Most people have quite rightly highlighted defensive errors and performance but we have a real problem scoring which needs to be sorted

Let's try a new formation and include the latest signings and see if they could do worse

Why not try a 3-5-2 formation ?

Just finished watching this game i recorded.. That was truly embarrassing.. Sheff wed were better in every single position.. Irritating the two goals came from horrible mistakes by doherty and stearman.. Wish we had westwood in goal maybe we get a save.. Forestieri man against kids.. All our backfour was appalling.. The sad thing is that i want Lambert sacked already just for giving up the game beforehand.. Costas and Prices deliveries were shit.. Any shining light in our team then?? No, not this time.. We can go down if we dont buy some players in january and Lambert dare to play some more attacking football at home FFS

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Same shit, different manager.

We've had 3 managers play more or less the same crap players in the same crap way. How does that happen?

So I stopped looking at this and went for drinks and food hoping to come back to some form of constructive debate and read this shit. Lambert has been here all of 5 seconds he will be taking advice from the "old guard" at the moment. We will find out what kind of manager he is in how he reacts to this.

I don't like scapegoats in the slightest and we have had so many over the years, this is not the problem of 1 or even 2 players but many. The realization is that we aren't good enough to compete in the Championship with this group of players, I think our main problems stem from our lack of a good defense to build from, this stifles our more creative players getting a chance for the need to "shut up shop"

people saying Cav, Tex etc.... aren't good enough amaze me. Until we address the core problems we have tactically and improve our squad these players wont play regularly.

I want to see 2 flying wingers, and a core in midfield that could destroy the death star and 2 (yes 2!!!!) strikers working together to create and score goals.

I think we can get there, I can't help but feel there is so much more going on that we just don't know but first things first we need a few points on the board to stop this rot.

We were bad today, no we were worse than that we were appalling but I would rather it happen now so Lambert has the crushing blow of reality that is our current squad so he can do something about it.

I think we need a full clear out of the coaching/club staff that remain from the previous managers...Everyone! Mountain, Edwards, Daley and Thelwell.

We need a number of new coaches and stop doing things on the cheap with a skeleton staff. If we want to be "big time" then lets start acting like it.

Then lose, drop, bombsquad the likes of Ikeme, Lonergan, Saville, Coady, Batth, Stearman and Edwards...they aren't and never will be the answer to the question of "where are we heading"

You could be correct there Darlo..

Why are we in 21st place then?

Back