• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

Edwards runs around doing fuck all that much he needs an energy bar after 60 mins.

Another Sat afternoon ruined. It's going to be a long, cold Winter run in.

Very few teams spend big in January. And how would you persuade good players to join a team fighting a relegation battle?

By paying them a big salary. That's what wealthy clubs do these days. I don't like it but it's a fact of life.
4% of us voted bottom half as to where we would finish. I was one of them, in hindsight I was being optimistic.

The Portuguese lightweights are far fucking better than the fucking British shithouse trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not fucking good enough.
Spot on post.

I'm sick of watching crappy players too slow in mind and body.

By paying them a big salary. That's what wealthy clubs do these days. I don't like it but it's a fact of life.
4% of us voted bottom half as to where we would finish. I was one of them, in hindsight I was being optimistic.

I bet you are soooooooo proud of your prescience...

I think it's harsh on Iorfa and Hause at the moment. They're young lads and should have team mates to learn from. I wouldn't want us to get rid of either just yet. Baath was never gonna be good enough for anything other than a squad player in the champ.

Might sound daft but Saiss and Coady as CB's?

I bet you are soooooooo proud of your prescience...

Not really. Just sick of you and others keep harping on about these so called stars we've signed. They've had plenty of chances and done nothing. They are here for the ride, get used to it.
We've not signed a decent player for as long as I can remember and the rest of the trier's we have are simply not good enough.
Have a look at the 'welcome back, Richard Stearman' thread.
Just keep kidding yourself if you want to and keep blaming the managers.

When I saw the team sheet, I thought ugh! But wasn't surprised. I think we actually started OK, first 15 minutes we had a good shape dominated the game........then defensively we reverted to the car crash of the previous weeks. We know Doc is a poor fullback with the turning circle of the QE11 and the pace of a sloth but what the hell has happened to Iorfa? he was the worst player on the pitch by a country mile, poor tackling, clumsy on the ball, suicidal passes and he simply can't judge the flight for heading.
Edwards was below his best but at least put some effort in, Coady and especially Price were terrible in midfield, Saville might as well not been on the pitch, Bod and Costa were just chasing shadows.
The introduction of Dicko in the 2nd half gave us some impetuous and we started to get on top, thought Sheffield were quite clever giving away niggly fouls and time wasting which slowed us down.
I was impressed with Sheffield but that could have been us being crap, they were a second quicker in thought and action.
Lot of work to do, Saiss must start in midfield or maybe at CB, Cav must start (although he was poor today). Iorfa must be dropped for a good few games, to give him a chance to get his confidence and his mojo back .

Not really. Just sick of you and others keep harping on about these so called stars we've signed. They've had plenty of chances and done nothing. They are here for the ride, get used to it.
We've not signed a decent player for as long as I can remember and the rest of the trier's we have are simply not good enough.
Have a look at the 'welcome back, Richard Stearman' thread.
Just keep kidding yourself if you want to and keep blaming the managers.

Just bloody behave. Actually, I frankly can't be bothered to engage with you.

As others have said

Saville before Cav is madness
Coady before Saiss is madness

At our great club only lets be honest only Costa, Cav and Saiss are good enough for a team competing for promotion in this league

The rest are just not good enough

We do not have a centre half in the club worth the name - none of them !!!

Lots out and two centre halves and a striker and a left back in Jan

Ikeme

Iorfa
New
New
New

Saiss
Price

Costa
Cav
Graham (if fit)

New

They've had plenty of chances

No they haven't, we're seeing shit like Wallace, Saville, Doherty, Coady, Edwards and the like getting gametime ahead of them constantly. The rest of your post shows itself up for what it is to be honest so no need quote it.

After this latest wonderful display I think Lambert has no choice but to pick a side containing as many of the new signings as possible it cannot be worse. I would go with:-
Ikeme

Silvio ? ? CBJ

Saiss Prince

Costa Tex Cav

?

? = whoever looks best in training as I do not think anybody I have seen looks capable of playing in these positions at the moment.

Well team changes a plenty for the next game

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Hause Silvio

Costa Saiss Price Cavellero

Bodvarsson Dicko

Price holding, Saiss p!aymaking Costa and Cav attacking and Bod with a partner

The Portuguese lightweights are far $#@!ing better than the $#@!ing British $#@!house trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not $#@!ing good enough.

Very good post. Agree

Did Teixeira give Edwards a bollocking in 2013 or something?

Don't like being negative about Wolves but that performance had relegation written all over it. Feared the worst when I saw the team with Costa as the only real attacking threat (Bod doesn't look like scoring or even like he recognises what a goal is).
Side picked to cover for the weakness of the defence. Just awful.

I'm still seething at watching that abject fucking rubbish. Aiki is spot on with his assessment of the Portuguese boys.

There is a rotten culture at our club and it is disgusting that so called footballers and management put on that display in front of a full house and club legends. Utter fucking shite and this club needs gutting of this poison.

There is a review of the game I will write later once I've stopped being thoroughly pissed off with it.

IMO the squad is average but shouldn't be being dragged into a dog fight, mid table shite should be about right.
The worrying thing is how can you expect to break a side down with the midfield selection today?
Defence is a shambles and trying to create a solid base with the likes of Doherty, Stearmen etc is pointless.
Lambert selection today made us look like we'd never score and always likely to concede, recipe for disaster.
Offer me 21st place now I'd snap your hand off we're in deep shit, we have a squad with many players who should have moved on 2 years ago.
A defensive unit including both GK not fit for purpose.
4 straight home defeats and no win in 2 months, the squad lacks any real leadership either.

I'd forgotten about the goalkeeper. Lonerghan's kicking is absolutely pathetic. Especially as it seemed our only attacking tactic seemed to be kicks from him to iorfa's head (our more often the ball boy)

Back