• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

Cav had 15 minutes and Tex not much longer, I wouldn't blame either for today's mess.

No 100% wouldn't blame them. But our squad isn't that good. Saiss and Cav are the only players who you'd say you could bring in.

The team is still going to have Lonergan, Doherty, Stears/Batth, Hause, Iorfa (wow how bad has he become), price, coady, Edwards, saville in the team with bod who couldn't score in a brothel.

I said he was shit today...which he was

Which doesn't answer my point about playing the better players at all then because "shit today" is a transient point, and "play the better players" is a more long term form point.

Would someone like to post of few of the reamrks when Fosun bought us? When we were richer than Chelsea and European football in two seasons was a formality. Christ I'm depressed

Money does not guarantee success. But clearly FOSUN must take some of the blame. They got rid of Jackett as quick as they could, and are we any better since Jackett left?

I think Lambert needs time, but I worry about the squad at his disposal. We need a big clear out, but January is not usually the time when that happens. Somehow we need to put a team out that can keep us in this very average division. And that is the biggest indictment of those in positions of responsibility at Molineux.

Which doesn't answer my point about playing the better players at all then because "shit today" is a transient point, and "play the better players" is a more long term form point.

I've sort of responded to this in my response to Sig

No 100% wouldn't blame them. But our squad isn't that good. Saiss and Cav are the only players who you'd say you could bring in.

The team is still going to have Lonergan, Doherty, Stears/Batth, Hause, Iorfa (wow how bad has he become), price, coady, Edwards, saville in the team with bod who couldn't score in a brothel.

Silvio?
Borthwick-Jackson?
Ikeme?

Lets see

----------------Ikeme

Silvio------Iorfa----Hause----CBJ

------------------Saiss

-Costa--------Teixeira----Cavaleiro

-----------BOD---------Dicko

Only Hause from your shit list in that line up.

Depends how we set up really I think there is a strong argument to say we need to change system and fast. Cav, Saiss, Prince, Silvio & CBJ would all improve the lineup from today IMO. That said I agree with the sentiment that we all overestimated how good our squad was/is, and that makes me very very sad :(

In a relegation battle with a squad that should be nowhere $#@!ing near, and yet vast swathes of a starting eleven that look exactly in the right place in the table.

Sort this $#@!ing $#@! out. Play the better players. Pull away from the $#@!.

Poor quality Championship players and a few Portuguese lightweights. Delusional.
Need to spend spend spend in the transfer window to keep us up.
Over to you Fosun, pay up and look happy.

You also said 'where are theses good players?' after slagging off Cav, Tex and Saiss. Well there's 3 right there.

I didn't exactly slag them off. I just said they were shit today which they were selling with everyone else. However, I don't think they are as good as we are claiming they are (that doesn't mean they are bad...) and then playing isn't going to turn us into a good team. We will still be shit.

Poor quality Championship players and a few Portuguese lightweights. Delusional.
Need to spend spend spend in the transfer window to keep us up.
Over to you Fosun, pay up and look happy.

Lightweights? Behave

That said I agree with the sentiment that we all overestimated how good our squad was/is, and that makes me very very sad :(

Personally I think we've underestimated how bad our squad was before the takeover. Fuck what Lambert says about the quad being too big, 12 players wasn't enough.

What is very worrying is that confidence looks shot. No sign of new manager boost here.

Ok lets try to be positive im thinking a month or 2 ahead with the squad we have....knowing we will improve it. Due to the fact I am currently very depressed I am thinking that Williamson will be fit and ready within a few months..

.............................Ikeme..............................

Silvio..........Williamson........Hause..........CBJ....

Cav/Costa.....Prince...........Saiss..........Graham..

.....................Dicko..........Bod........................

Silvio?
Borthwick-Jackson?
Ikeme?

Lets see

----------------Ikeme

Silvio------Iorfa----Hause----CBJ

------------------Saiss

-Costa--------Teixeira----Cavaleiro

-----------BOD---------Dicko

Only Hause from your shit list in that line up.

The defence is still a train wreck. How Iorfa and Hause play U21s I don't know. They were horrendous today, CBJ hasn't exactly been amazing (maybe not worse than Doherty today) and I've seen Silvio play once and he wasn't exactly a standout.

Bod has scored 2 goals and Dicko is a shadow of the player. Tex hot and cold, same With Costa, but they have shown ability, more so Costa. As for Cav, they won't fucking play him so I don't know, jurys out.

The Portuguese lightweights are far fucking better than the fucking British shithouse trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not fucking good enough.

Personally I think we've underestimated how bad our squad was before the takeover. Fuck what Lambert says about the quad being too big, 12 players wasn't enough.
Yes I agree, we desperately needed players. I thought and hoped the new guys would come in and play a bigger part earlier but it hasn't worked out so far.

I am 100% convinced Cav will be a major player for us when he gets the game time.

depressing times, booze coming out shortly!

The Portuguese lightweights are far fucking better than the fucking British shithouse trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not fucking good enough.

:worshippy:

Good luck to Lambert in trying to attract players to Molineux in January.

Back