• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Wednesday verdict thread

Yes I agree, we desperately needed players. I thought and hoped the new guys would come in and play a bigger part earlier but it hasn't worked out so far.

I am 100% convinced Cav will be a major player for us when he gets the game time.

depressing times, booze coming out shortly!

The booze has been out here since the second goal went in!

Have to say that I think Lambert has completely fucked up his first two games. His job – apart from tightening up the defence, which clearly worked today – was to lift the morale of the team and the fans. I’ve trodden on things that have more charisma than Lambert, so the only thing he has going for him is the team’s approach/attitude. Lose by all means, but lose 2-4 by playing attacking players, instead of 0-2 by playing Saville. In two games he has lost virtually all goodwill with the fans and – I suspect – with baffling team selections he’s probably lost a good chunk of the dressing room as well. Very, very disappointed with the start he has made

Its bollocks that they're lightweights anyway - just lazy stereotyping. Costa, Cav, Bod and Saiss have all looked good at various points this season and tbf Tex, Silvio and CBJ haven't really had an opportunity to bed into the team. It would be good if we played them all at once and gave them a run of games to gel into some sort of unit.

I can kind of see why Lambert wouldn't pick these inexperienced foreigners over seasoned championship professionals because we would have been comfortably beaten today.

Oh.

I'll repeat what I said on the match day Thread, Sheffield Wednesday are what we were 10 years ago, following the double relegation the Championship has changed and we're struggling to compete, hopefully Lambert will have enough nous to see us above three other teams.

The Portuguese lightweights are far $#@!ing better than the $#@!ing British $#@!house trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not $#@!ing good enough.

I agree, Tex should have started today but Lambert decides to go with the most uncreative midfield we have on the books.
Saiss can put a ball on a sixpence but id imagine he doesnt "put it in" in training, where Edwards is the Duracell Bunny.
Id like to say that ive only seen Gladon once and he was played on his own upfront and asked to do a thankless task but performed
in exactly the same fashion as Bod does every week..so i cant say if hes anygood in a Wolves shirt or not..(and im not sure
anyone else can either)
Dicko's 1st touch has left and joined the foreign legion.
I have no idea what Lambert was attempted to do today but it wasnt whatever he spouted midweek.

The booze has been out here since the second goal went in!
Oh dear haha! Lets hope for something to be positive about on Thursday there is no way he will pick the same team, will he??

The Portuguese lightweights are far fucking better than the fucking British shithouse trio of Coady, Edwards and Saville.

There is space for one of that headless run around player. Not all three. For 18 months I've watched these players who "put in a shift", "work hard" "cover a lot of ground" and I'm sick of it. Texiera absolutely bollocked Doherty and Edwards for being lacksidasical and half arsed on the ball. If you're a seasoned pro being bollocked by a 19 year old lad who is from another country then you have to have a long hard look at yourself.

I want to see some footballers who can control an ball and pass a ball. Today we left those players on the bench and thats not fucking good enough.

100% agree with this.

I feel there is a streak of xenophobia knocking about. I too am sick of watching this same bunch of mediocre wankers year in year out and cannot believe that following the great takeover we are here just above the relegation zone watching predominantly the same players. Even when Tex was introduced today it was for Costa then Cav for Bod.

How Cav isn't one of the first names on the teamsheet is beyond me.

One of Lambert's first interviews saw him questioning the foreign players yet we keep hearing bullshit about the so called qualities of the old guard.

I was listening to WM on the way home tonight and was screaming at the radio as Franksy continuously blamed the foreigners for our predicament. Ffs they hardly get a kick so how is it their fault and not the god awful defence, the powder puff midfield or the ineffective attack?

We don't know how good or bad the foreign guys are (and we won't if we don't start using them) but they can't be any fucking worse than the shower of shit we are watching who were just as shit last season. Plus Stearman.

Waste of time putting CBJ in your teams, he's off back to Utd in January. They've already included him in their Europa League squad.

Quite right too he's been rubbish. He may well be a good player playing in a good team, but he looks like he couldn't give a shit for us.

If you build your house on quicksand it will sink. We did not address our gk and defensive frailties in the summer and we did not sign a proven goal scorer. I would think many would now take 12 goal Chris wood or Glenn Murray. Bod bless him for all his endeavour looks as likely to score as Kevin Doyle. Dicko post injury couldn't hit a cows are with a banjo, Doherty Stearman Batth Iorfa CBJ look a collective defensive clusterfuck and would struggle as a unit in league one on their form let alone the championship and Coady Edwards and Saville are the most lightweight midfield trio we have played together this century. Behind them you have two keepers who don't command their area, distribute or kick well and are prone to a To a rick .
We are the second worst team in this league when that collection play. I would sign a complete new back 5 in January then stick price and Saiss in front of them. Cav and Bod up top. Prince behind with Costa and Graham. Then and only then could we climb the league. With that defence currently we need to score at least 2 per game for a point

100% agree with this.

I feel there is a streak of xenophobia knocking about. I too am sick of watching this same bunch of mediocre $#@!ers year in year out and cannot believe that following the great takeover we are here just above the relegation zone watching predominantly the same players. Even when Tex was introduced today it was for Costa then Cav for Bod.

How Cav isn't one of the first names on the teamsheet is beyond me.

One of Lambert's first interviews saw him questioning the foreign players yet we keep hearing bull$#@! about the so called qualities of the old guard.

I was listening to WM on the way home tonight and was screaming at the radio as Franksy continuously blamed the foreigners for our predicament. Ffs they hardly get a kick so how is it their fault and not the god awful defence, the powder puff midfield or the ineffective attack?

We don't know how good or bad the foreign guys are (and we won't if we don't start using them) but they can't be any $#@!ing worse than the shower of $#@! we are watching who were just as $#@! last season. Plus Stearman.

Bod and Costa have played in nearly every game. How many goals have they scored in 35 games between them or whatever?

Bod and Costa have played in nearly every game. How many goals have they scored in 35 games between them or whatever?

Yes and they are 2 of our better players who are left to do it on their own because the other players either aren't up with them or are just fucking shit when they do get it.

If you build your house on quicksand it will sink. We did not address our gk and defensive frailties in the summer and we did not sign a proven goal scorer. I would think many would now take 12 goal Chris wood or Glenn Murray. Bod bless him for all his endeavour looks as likely to score as Kevin Doyle. Dicko post injury couldn't hit a cows are with a banjo, Doherty Stearman Batth Iorfa CBJ look a collective defensive cluster$#@! and would struggle as a unit in league one on their form let alone the championship and Coady Edwards and Saville are the most lightweight midfield trio we have played together this century. Behind them you have two keepers who don't command their area, distribute or kick well and are prone to a To a rick .
We are the second worst team in this league when that collection play. I would sign a complete new back 5 in January then stick price and Saiss in front of them. Cav and Bod up top. Prince behind with Costa and Graham. Then and only then could we climb the league. With that defence currently we need to score at least 2 per game for a point

True enough. We need to spend big or be relegated. Sell a few as well if possible.

True enough. We need to spend big or be relegated. Sell a few as well if possible.

Very few teams spend big in January. And how would you persuade good players to join a team fighting a relegation battle?

Just to echo what has already been said i'm fed fucking up of watching shit players like Coady, Doherty, Saville, Edwards etc who run around but are absolute shite when it comes to doing something with the football or not running around like a headless chicken.

Out of the manager that we know were interviewed i thought Lambert would be the best choice if we got the Norwich one but we've got Villa Lambert by the looks of it. Boring and negative football followed by shite like "we've got a few players who don;t really know the league" basically blaming the foreign players but they aren't the ones playing and stinking the place out.

We started today with Saville on the left and ended up with Coady on the right, what the fuck. So pissed off tonight that we can't get players like Saiss, Cavaleiro in the team and have to watch brainless footballers week in week out.

Back