• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Mark Davies is a wanker. I wouldn't take him, not out of spite (I'd have Kightly or Hennessey back tomorrow) but because he is made of glass.

Mark Davies is a wanker. I wouldn't take him, not out of spite (I'd have Kightly or Hennessey back tomorrow) but because he is made of glass.

Its possible that Mark Davies is the only player on Earth who could split opinion more than Dave Edwards, that's a feat in itself. Seventeen appearances for Bolton this season suggests he is at last relatively injury free.

Its possible that Mark Davies is the only player on Earth who could split opinion more than Dave Edwards, that's a feat in itself. Seventeen appearances for Bolton this season suggests he is at last relatively injury free.
Yes but if he was any good then Notlob wouldn't be where they are - he's a pillock as well so no thanks

I'd like us to take a look at Ben Reeves from MK Dons. He's slipped under the radar a bit and has had a couple of niggling injuries recently, but he's pure class. A lot has been said about our capitulation when they beat us at home a couple of years back, but it was him that ran the game while Bamford took the glory.

We all saw how dire MK were without him the other week, but he's just returning from injury now and I've no doubt he'll be influential enough to get them the points they need. Might not be the panacea for all our issues, but I'd love to see his stats after a spell as our number 10.

If we're talking about attacking midfielders returning from injury I'd go back in for Jota. Wonderful player and he's made a few sub appearances recently, should be fully fit for Jan.

Why would any of these players want to join us at the moment? Rudderless with a manager who has no intent of playing attacking football, despite what he says.

I'd like us to take a look at Ben Reeves from MK Dons. He's slipped under the radar a bit and has had a couple of niggling injuries recently, but he's pure class. A lot has been said about our capitulation when they beat us at home a couple of years back, but it was him that ran the game while Bamford took the glory.

We all saw how dire MK were without him the other week, but he's just returning from injury now and I've no doubt he'll be influential enough to get them the points they need. Might not be the panacea for all our issues, but I'd love to see his stats after a spell as our number 10.

Is Edwards injured?

There's a lad at Brighton who's doing ok...A couple of goals and an assist in three games ;)

Can't be who I think it is. He has "zero end product", according to our fans...

So many players look better when they leave us dont they. The old gold shirt sometimes weighs too heavy. Or is it the manager?

I also still cant believe that the only team Bolton have beaten in half a season is us

So many players look better when they leave us dont they. The old gold shirt sometimes weighs too heavy. Or is it the manager?

I also still cant believe that the only team Bolton have beaten in half a season is us

As someone else has pointed out elsewhere that's a bit of a fallacy,

Can you list out any say in last 5 years who have done this?

Off the top of my head Sako, Jarvis (for a short while), Hennessy (but that's only recently 2 years after he left), if you were really really generous Griffiths,
I wouldnt count RVLP after 4 games yet.
There are numerous playing at the same level as when they were with us Jones, Ward, cockhead Davis, Kightly, Shackell etc

But Sako, Jarvis and Hennessey performed well when they played for us to, there's not to many that have bombed for us then gone onto be amazing at other clubs.

Shackell and Surman are probably the only ones in the last 10 years that left us of our choice / couldn't get a game who have gone on to have a better career at at Championship or Prem level after leaving us. You can't really count Jarvis, Kightly etc as we sold them upwards level wise. Maybe Gleeson and E Bennett if you are being generous.

But Sako, Jarvis and Hennessey performed well when they played for us to, there's not to many that have bombed for us then gone onto be amazing at other clubs.

Agreed (meant to put that in my clumsy effort).

On the other hand (looking at RVLP at the moment), we have had more then our fair share of players who have been crap at other clubs, who have come here on loan and looked brilliant (from Blades through to O'Hara) in the short term before eventually after signing returning to their normal levels which explained why they were sent on loan in the first place.

TT was right about Surman, I knew there was one example in the back of my mind who did better then whatever talent he showed with us

Back