• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Wolves U21s & U18s ‏@Comptonstars 2m2 minutes ago

Hartlepool midfielder @bradwalker1996 is on trial at Wolves with a view to a transfer

He's a 19 year old 6ft 1 central midfielder.

I'd like us to take advantage of Bolton's financial peril and get Zach Clough.

Absolute no brainer, but Twitter linking him with Everton, Soton and AFCB. A few suggestions about Bradshaw from Walsall as well

Agreed. Think I mentioned Clough in the summer thread early on. He's under a 5 year contract isn't he?

I like him but he'd be piss poor if KJ's still in charge and hammering balls over his head.

With ALF up front through December Wolves are seriously lowering his price tag before his full purchase in January. It seems KJ has an inane ability for reducing strikers effectiveness and valuations.

Two years ago - 14 December 2013 - Wolves lost 2-0 at home to MK Dons. The team was:

Ikeme: Ricketts-Batth-Stearman-Golbourne: Henry-Edwards-Mcdonald-Sako: Doyle-Griffiths

Last night: Iorfa for Ricketts, EEL for Stearman, Graham for Sako, Price in for one of Doyle/Griffiths and ALF for the other, slight change in formation.

Two years of Jackett/Thelwell and you can't really argue that the team kicking off last night is any stronger than the one that kicked off on 14/12/13

Two years ago - 14 December 2013 - Wolves lost 2-0 at home to MK Dons. The team was:

Ikeme: Ricketts-Batth-Stearman-Golbourne: Henry-Edwards-Mcdonald-Sako: Doyle-Griffiths

Last night: Iorfa for Ricketts, EEL for Stearman, Graham for Sako, Price in for one of Doyle/Griffiths and ALF for the other, slight change in formation.

Two years of Jackett/Thelwell and you can't really argue that the team kicking off last night is any stronger than the one that kicked off on 14/12/13

It's weaker.

Whose fault is that? You can point towards the manager and the recruiter but has money been made available? We are worse than then. Graham could be our bright spot this season but thats about it for me

Coady, Saville, Byrne, Wallace and
Afobe cost around £6m between them. All were fit, but none of them were in the starting 11 on Friday. £6m although not a fortune is a reasonable pot across 3 windows at this level I'd say and 4 of them are amounts you shouldn't be spending unless they are going to go into your first 11 within a month or so of joining

Likely to make his comeback at Charlton this evening in front of an anticipated twenty to thirty club representation of scouts looking to do a cheap deal.

Coady, Saville, Byrne, Wallace and
Afobe cost around £6m between them. All were fit, but none of them were in the starting 11 on Friday. £6m although not a fortune is a reasonable pot across 3 windows at this level I'd say and 4 of them are amounts you shouldn't be spending unless they are going to go into your first 11 within a month or so of joining

The cost of our current starting eleven must be the cheapest for many a season.

There seem to be a growing number of rumours suggesting we'll make a signing from Bolton... Mark Davies

There seem to be a growing number of rumours suggesting we'll make a signing from Bolton... Mark Davies

Ooft. The prodigal son.

All baggage aside, he's an excellent player.

Who would you rather watch at #10? Loyal, professional, hard working Dave Edwards who clearly loves the club? Or skilful, exciting, treacherous, cheating Mark Davies who spat on us and left for our hated rivals?

I'm torn tbh.

Ooft. The prodigal son.

All baggage aside, he's an excellent player.

Who would you rather watch at #10? Loyal, professional, hard working Dave Edwards who clearly loves the club? Or skilful, exciting, treacherous, cheating Mark Davies who spat on us and left for our hated rivals?

I'm torn tbh.

It could have saved us so much grief, Mick McCarthy building his side around Mark Davies rather than having ten years of durge that is Dave Edwards. Oh what might have been.

It could have saved us so much grief, Mick McCarthy building his side around Mark Davies rather than having ten years of durge that is Dave Edwards. Oh what might have been.

Which might have happened if Davies hadn't had his head turned.

Injuries was a clear issue too. Had he not got injured in the friendly (or testimonial?) against Villa, he would have started the season in the team for definite. Then who knows. He is a bloody good footballer, just needs to be carefully managed.

I'm a cut your nose off to spite your face kind of guy....fuck him ever more so after that dive for the penalty

Back