• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Either you're being wilfully obtuse or deliberately misleading. The article is about Sako being replaced. Which he wasn't for any amount of money as we already had Graham and Ojo was brought in on loan. If you think we did can you point out where?

You can choose to believe the club if you want. I don't and I still think those that do are not engaging a rational brain. I believe I don't need to provide 'evidence' for belief but you go ahead and provide some to say they're truthful in saying he's constantly asking for a move.

Johnny - I think you are being a little unfair in the comments about not engaging a rational brain. People are allowed differing opinions. As Leeds' sig says, cosy consensus makes for a dull forum.

For my mind, I think it is a little bit of both. Afobe wants to prove himself in the top flight, as he damn well should if he thinks he is good enough. He is showing ambition. We haven't been able to match that, and lets face it, promotion looks a pipe dream this season. So he wants to go on his own rather than with us. Fair enough.

I really think the statement by the club could have been far better worded. It looks to all the world like throwing the player under a bus. It could have been worded so much better and everyone would be grouchy, but would move on. Now it looks like it is just widening the schism between club and fans, and I expect some fairly ugly scenes on Tuesday.

Frankly I could do a better job of the club PR at times.

If I had a good job that I loved and another company head hunted me asking to work for them at a higher level and they would double my wage I know my head would be turned. The days of footballers being one clubbers are long gone. This will keep happening until Wolves are premier league and even then it can still happen because of the vast sums of money. Let's hope we spend it wisely. It's the best we can hope for

Johnny - I think you are being a little unfair in the comments about not engaging a rational brain. People are allowed differing opinions. As Leeds' sig says, cosy consensus makes for a dull forum.

For my mind, I think it is a little bit of both. Afobe wants to prove himself in the top flight, as he damn well should if he thinks he is good enough. He is showing ambition. We haven't been able to match that, and lets face it, promotion looks a pipe dream this season. So he wants to go on his own rather than with us. Fair enough.

I really think the statement by the club could have been far better worded. It looks to all the world like throwing the player under a bus. It could have been worded so much better and everyone would be grouchy, but would move on. Now it looks like it is just widening the schism between club and fans, and I expect some fairly ugly scenes on Tuesday.

That makes sense

I genuinly can't understand how intelligent people, that's the majority of this forum for me, can take the club at face value. Especially when you look at the content of other threads where things are debated and questioned, it is all so illogical.

But if anybody has taken offence then I apologise.

It is being used as a stick to beat Moxey Morgan and Thelwell with, just as much as KJ. It is a sad and sorry indictment of the standard of communication from the club over the last half a decade and more that the immediate reaction is to believe the whole thing is lies spin and bull$#@!. The trust relationship with the fans is completely fractured. Any repair that the league 1 triumph made is now gone for good. At least while the same figures remain at the club I can't see it improving.

I felt after the double relegation there was a lack of accountability and the willingness to pass the buck. The short of it is a triumvirate of JM,KT & KJ being unable to progress the club. The club hasn't progressed in the past fifteen years and there is one constant in that. He's not the devil but I feel there is a large amount of toxicity about him purely because he's paid well, is in such an important position and he hasn't made such an impact as to turn the club into a safe and steady PL club. It needs dynamic fresh change irrespective of communications and transparency. I can't knock them for the events of the past day though.

I genuinly can't understand how intelligent people, that's the majority of this forum for me, can take the club at face value. Especially when you look at the content of other threads where things are debated and questioned, it is all so illogical.

You really don't need to apologise. Passions are high about this issue, of course they are.

I don't think the club can be taken at face value. My belief is that the club statement is TOO strongly worded and actually makes it somewhat less believable. There is a middle ground there somewhere where the truth lies. The key to me is the bit about the sale of the club meaning the stance changed. So they were willing to allow the sale to take place. I am sure Benik did want to prove himself at a higher level though. I certainly don't buy the " in tears" stuff at all. BUT - the club have failed to cover themselves in glory today.

A truly ill-thought statement that will do a lot more harm than good.

I tend to believe this one as if not its libelous as its very strong.

It is not in any shape or form similar to the dark days.

We sold players to see the money taken out the club. Clarke we were shafted by the league.
Now.we are being shafted by Morgan. Threw his toys out the pram and now we are left struggling against relegation with a manager i would not trust with 250,000

It would be an arduous task but I think they've improved in recent times. They can't win whatever they say. For the life of me I can't see anything wrong with the statement made about Afobe. It's as transparent as they can get because they can't say the outgoings will exceed the incomings next season and we have to balance the books (which in effect is what they are doing - justifiably)

Don't try and claim he is taking the money himself Glasgo - that is SERIOUSLY dangerous territory.

You really don't need to apologise. Passions are high about this issue, of course they are.

I don't think the club can be taken at face value. My belief is that the club statement is TOO strongly worded and actually makes it somewhat less believable. There is a middle ground there somewhere where the truth lies. The key to me is the bit about the sale of the club meaning the stance changed. So they were willing to allow the sale to take place. I am sure Benik did want to prove himself at a higher level though. I certainly don't buy the " in tears" stuff at all. BUT - the club have failed to cover themselves in glory today.

A truly ill-thought statement that will do a lot more harm than good.

Nail on the head there Paddy I think.

I also don't think the money will be taken out, but neither will it all be reinvested. It will be used to help the club break even without parachute payments and look more attractive to potential new owners.

It would be an arduous task but I think they've improved in recent times. They can't win whatever they say. For the life of me I can't see anything wrong with the statement made about Afobe. It's as transparent as they can get because they can't say the outgoings will exceed the incomings next season and we have to balance the books (which in effect is what they are doing - justifiably)

Oh - absolutely. But the statement was SOOOOOOO strong. The line about Afobe was clearly laying it at the door of the player. And then in the next paragraph is the admission that the change is stance by the club is actually because of the sale. That is messy and really could have been done better. One the main PR guys runs the Parliament (although Jez chairs the meetings obvs) and he is a genuinely nice bloke, but I really think a little more consideration before the statement went out would have been useful. Of course Bournemouth blabbing it everywhere rather forced the hand. Another reason to hate that shitty little outfit.

Nail on the head there Paddy I think.

I also don't think the money will be taken out, but neither will it all be reinvested. It will be used to help the club break even without parachute payments and look more attractive to potential new owners.

Which whether we like it not is totally justifiable given the circumstances. Thankfully we haven't financially imploded and while they haven't put a progressive team on the pitch the club isn't the disaster area it could have been.

Not heard. That is just dreadful bad luck for us with the timing and for Siggy himself picking up a nasty injury just as he was getting his chance to fight back into the team.

We need to sign ALF permanently ASAP. Of course, no way Cardiff will allow that before next Sunday at the earliest.

We sold players to see the money taken out the club. Clarke we were shafted by the league.
Now.we are being shafted by Morgan. Threw his toys out the pram and now we are left struggling against relegation with a manager i would not trust with 250,000

Show me where money has been taken out the club.

Which whether we like it not is totally justifiable given the circumstances. Thankfully we haven't financially imploded and while they haven't put a progressive team on the pitch the club isn't the disaster area it could have been.

*nods*

we will be financially stable, whatever happens. It could be dull for a bit until ownership is sorted but the revenue aren't going to be writing us nasty letters any time soon.

I agree mostly, but we are not that far off the relegation zone. The way we play we need to be incredibly lucky to score. Take Afobe out and we need to even more lucky.

I agree mostly, but we are not that far off the relegation zone. The way we play we need to be incredibly lucky to score. Take Afobe out and we need to even more lucky.

We're 13 points off aren't we? I don't think that'll be an issue anymore especially once we get in another striker because there is no way in hell that Wolves would allow that unless they're completely batshit insane

Back