• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Just read Wolves' PR statement. Speaking as someone who writes for a living, it's just badly written. I don't think you can read too much into it. It's written in a hurry but someone who - frankly - is just piss poor with his/her use of English.

Or possibly just badly proof read - which is pretty poor for someone who writes for a living :D

I think because they are getting a lot of traffic and Jonzy's "ITK" about Afobe is the thing that is making things kick off.

Because it is "information" about the Afobe situation. Worthy of debate I think.

Then debate the issue and not diss the members please.

I wasn't aware I had. I have said why I doubt Jonzy on this one, but I certainly wouldn't class it as personal dissing.

I didn't think that I had implied that you had. It was a general request not specifically aimed at you Paddy.

Saying that, I look back over the thread and I don't see too much there that I would class as a worry. Obviously, there is the "is it angry" bit, but I hold my hands up there, personal agenda if it is as he and I have history.

Otherwise, it seems to be debating the likely veracity of the info that Jonzy posted. That is pretty much fair enough. If it has gone beyond, then that would not be the intention, I am sure.

I tend to believe Wolves, and that Afobe wanted away. That is his choice, but considering he has only been at Molineux for a very short while, I do wonder about his motives. It is clearly all about money and I do not blame him for that. But being in tears, sorry I cannot accept that. Years ago as a division three side, teams were after Bully and Mutch. The difference then was they wanted to play for Wolves. Afobe has chased the money, the likes of Bully and Mutch just wanted to play for Wolves.

Bully was on mid tier Premier League money playing for Wolves in the Championship. Leaving us wouldn't have been that rewarding for him financially. The disparity now between what Afobe was and will be on will be massively different.

You get a far more exaggerated response on MolMix. In truth it's funny and entertaining so as far as I am concerned readable (at times). Many no longer bother because it gets to the point that it is verging on the ridiculous. That's a fair observation and not a diss. Shame as it's a well run site with what I consider fair moderation.

I must say - Leeds (as I am sure he won't mind me mentioning) is a mod over there. And he has asked us to play nicely. We should respect that.

I must say - Leeds (as I am sure he won't mind me mentioning) is a mod over there. And he has asked us to play nicely. We should respect that.

Yes I know and fair points made all round. Any info gleaned is worth sharing. Wolves supporters.

One thing I must ask on this statement is this....

Did the club feel the need to come out and justify themselves with the sales of other so called wantaways like Fletcher, Jarvis and particularly Kightly? I don't know and am asking if anybody else remembers, Similarly, why break protocol when we've been all about undisclosed fees and being professional?

My gut instinct on this is the club massively underestimated the strength of feeling with the sale of Stearman and weren't ready for the chaos it caused and have moved here to shift the blame, especially when factoring in the comments at fans parliament etc. Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 and coming out with five but I'm hugely sceptical.

Okay this is based on nothing, but merely wanting to change the topic. I would love Nhaki Wells. Always thought he was good and hoped we would be in for him when it was announced we were after a striker until that turned out to be Clarke. Only saw him the once in person when he came on against us for Bradford, however even in that he made an impression despite having been out for about 4-6 weeks from what I recall, nearly scored too despite only getting about 25 mins.

Wonder who we potentially have folders on scouting wise, also not that he is the answer, but is McaLinden fit and do you think we will be recalling him? Had great hopes for him at one stage.

Wells is having a good season for sure. Would be an interesting call. He wouldn't be cheap though, especially as everyone knows we have just got a chunk of money in.

Back