• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I think we will be fine Tredman.

Bolton are deader than flares. Rotherham are looking likely to bite the dust, and MK and Brzzle are down there, same with Charlton and Huddersfield. We should be safe really.

Oh - absolutely. But the statement was SOOOOOOO strong. The line about Afobe was clearly laying it at the door of the player. And then in the next paragraph is the admission that the change is stance by the club is actually because of the sale. That is messy and really could have been done better. One the main PR guys runs the Parliament (although Jez chairs the meetings obvs) and he is a genuinely nice bloke, but I really think a little more consideration before the statement went out would have been useful. Of course Bournemouth blabbing it everywhere rather forced the hand. Another reason to hate that $#@!ty little outfit.

I think the pointers were in Moxey's remarks in the Parliament which I thought were slightly amateur. I do think Benik wanted out and they tried everything to keep him in the summer. They've attempted to pre-empts a backlash by telling us the truth. The situation the club finds itself in now means they had to accept the very good bid. Moxey isn't one to succumb to player power but his hands are tied on this one.

I agree mostly, but we are not that far off the relegation zone. The way we play we need to be incredibly lucky to score. Take Afobe out and we need to even more lucky.

We need three wins. Even we can do that given the sensible way KJ is damage limitating us. With a good window that club can get in the play offs and it wont necessarily take £10M to do it. We'll really see what they're made of. Maybe the short term fix outweighs long term vision given the impending sale of the club but I would accept anti-football for a while longer if it puts us in the mix.

I agree mostly, but we are not that far off the relegation zone. The way we play we need to be incredibly lucky to score. Take Afobe out and we need to even more lucky.

We are a lot closer to the play offs than we are to the relegation zone.

Just read Wolves' PR statement. Speaking as someone who writes for a living, it's just badly written. I don't think you can read too much into it. It's written in a hurry but someone who - frankly - is just piss poor with his/her use of English.

We need three wins. Even we can do that given the sensible way KJ is damage limitating us. With a good window that club can get in the play offs and it wont necessarily take £10M to do it. We'll really see what they're made of. Maybe the short term fix outweighs long term vision given the impending sale of the club but I would accept anti-football for a while longer if it puts us in the mix.

I wish I were as optimistic as you (not as optimistic as Frank, that would just be daft), but the way we play is just awful. We cannot just bank on clean sheets every game and hope we get an own goal in our favour.

Just read Wolves' PR statement. Speaking as someone who writes for a living, it's just badly written. I don't think you can read too much into it. It's written in a hurry but someone who - frankly - is just piss poor with his/her use of English.

Well there are two clashing elements.

If you want to hang it on the player then why say that the sale of the club is the change of circumstance that means a bid has been accepted? Those two just don't compute together.

I wish I were as optimistic as you (not as optimistic as Frank, that would just be daft), but the way we play is just awful. We cannot just bank on clean sheets every game and hope we get an own goal in our favour.

I'm only optimistic having seen the rest of the teams - Boro and Derby aside. KJ is fully versed in the techniques of Graham Taylor and give him a few more players and he'll give us the best chance we've got of promotion. It really is about power and mileage.

Penk Wolf flogging a dead horse on MolMix :D

Hilarious reading most of it ......

If you want to hang it on the player then why say that the sale of the club is the change of circumstance that means a bid has been accepted? Those two just don't compute together.

I don't see there's a clash tbh. A player wanting to leave would not automatically get his wish, it is the change of circumstance and size of the offer that has 'forced' them to accept. If it were simply the player wanting to leave but only £5m were offered we probably wouldn't have sold him.

The shame is that the slight on the player is unnecessary given, as you point out, it's the change of circumstance that forced the sale. It's a small time attempt at damage limitation on a PR mandate, and it shows.

No, they don't. It's just a poor piece of writing. Cock-up is always far more likely than conspiracy

I actually agree Norman. It IS a cock-up. Putting the line about the sale in there is the cock-up, or the line about Benik wanting to go is the cock-up. Both in there is a bad piece of writing.

It's hard work. Don't know why I bothered. I'm guessing Wolverhamtongue is Angry Wolf.

Just had a read, don't know why you bothered too :)

Some people will not listen to reason and are obsessed by the thought Morgan bought wolves to make a profit.

Penk Wolf flogging a dead horse on MolMix :D

Hilarious reading most of it ......

Christ alive. There are some people on there with very entrenched views who will never be convinced. I don't know why Craig bothers frankly.

It's hard work. Don't know why I bothered. I'm guessing Wolverhamtongue is Angry Wolf.

He wont last long then. Wolf97 has boycotted himself from games he doesn't normally go to and the likeable JOS has got emotional again over the oracle that is the also very likeable Jonzy. I think they're trying to re-enact that centipede film over there.

Back