• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Why? There's no way Kenny Jackett would have said that if it weren't true.

Jackett has said lots of things that aren't true in his time at Wolves. And many a Wolves statement has been an outright lie. Believing them is for the infantile minded.

Believing wolves is beyond stupid and comparing Bull and Mutch to Afobe pathetic. I expect little from you Frank but this is outdoing yourself.

As for Wolves PR manager, what a cunt that bloke is. If I were Afobe I would be instructing lawyers against the club. Utterly unprofessional from a increasingly woeful outfit. Our club is an absolute embarrassment at the moment. I don't blame Afobe for moving as I would if I were him.

I don't trust Jackett, Moxey or Thelwell to get the next part of recruitment right and any new owner must think they will have a huge bill getting rid of these three half wits before implementing their own ideas.

What you have always failed to accept is that other people have a different opinion to you. I may be stupid and pathetic in your eyes, but I am pleased to say that I will not be throwing insults your way. Though your obvious dislike of everything at Wolves has clearly blinded your vision.

Jackett has said lots of things that aren't true in his time at Wolves. And many a Wolves statement has been an outright lie. Believing them is for the infantile minded.

Spot on.
They couldn't lie straight in bed, any of them.

Quite and living in Sandbanks no doubt.

Nah, id head out towards the edge of the New Forest or the lovely villages within the New Forest.
Beautiful part of the world and some amazing properties.
On that basis he would be mad to want to stick around this crap hole.
However the traffic is fucking horrendous down there.

Apparently Villa wanted him in the Summer so no reason to disbelieve. Not such a strange reaction for him to leave the club in tears - perhaps he made some good friends here. I'm more concerned with our failure to build a team around him than the club selling a player who was possibly too good for this league. It's the inevitable consequence of failure ...

I'm pleased for Afobe. Bournemouth play a game that will suit him down to the ground, and I think he'll manage 4 or 5 goals as they stay up. He's clearly enjoyed most of his time here, and the business has had an investment that's paid off for the first time since they bought Fletcher.

Afobe must have been so disillusioned this season. His strengths have been ignored, the club has gone backwards and been pretty blatant about where footballing ambition lies in its priorities.

Nah. People just love a conspiracy theory.

He wants to play in the premier league and it's clear we're going no where fast. The Norwich interest and persistence would have unsettled him, so when someone comes along in the next window and offers you £10m for an unhappy player, you're going to take it. That's about the crux of it - I believe the club this time and not a random on a forum.

I think Jinky has it spot on.
When I was over in November, a friend of mine who is good friends with a member of the first team squad said he had been told by said player that Afobe wanted to go.

Apparently Villa wanted him in the Summer so no reason to disbelieve. Not such a strange reaction for him to leave the club in tears - perhaps he made some good friends here. I'm more concerned with our failure to build a team around him than the club selling a player who was possibly too good for this league. It's the inevitable consequence of failure ...
He isn't the sort of player you build a team around.

I have seen so many players leave clubs over here, crying because they leave a club they love so much, but then you find that their salary has increased by 50%. You think to yourself, were you really crying, or taking us for cunts. It happens all the time. Steve Bull was once in a lifetime sort of bloke.

He isn't the sort of player you build a team around.

Maybe not before if you have somebody who can put 25/30 balls in nets each season you make sure he gets the service. My personal view of course but at the start of the season we needed a quality centre half, midfield playmaker and a left back ready to challenge Golbourne - plus players needed moving on and not getting extended contacts. We didn't progress and we didn't really do enough to keep our top players.

A couple of examples of both please.

Just seen a montage of his goals at the various clubs he's been at on Skysports, his reaction to scoring a goal for Wolves was no different to the reaction he showed when scoring for them and the reaction he will show when he scores for Bournmouth.

Nah, id head out towards the edge of the New Forest or the lovely villages within the New Forest.
Beautiful part of the world and some amazing properties.
On that basis he would be mad to want to stick around this crap hole.
However the traffic is $#@!ing horrendous down there.

Plenty of pony cack in the New Forrest too!

Just seen a montage of his goals at the various clubs he's been at on Skysports, his reaction to scoring a goal for Wolves was no different to the reaction he showed when scoring for them and the reaction he will show when he scores for Bournmouth.

Fucking ridiculous post. He's a passionate guy who cares about the fans he's playing for.

Absolutely spot on Trev.

$#@!ing ridiculous post. He's a passionate guy who cares about the fans he's playing for.

Of course he does, that's why in a few days time he'll be passionate about the Bournmouth fans.

Back