• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham United (A) FA Cup build up 9/1/16

Any with the slightest hope of us winning this game....give it up now as Lawro has predicted us to win

"I also have a feeling that West Ham might slip up against Wolves, who were struggling until recently but have won three in a row since Christmas."

Any with the slightest hope of us winning this game....give it up now as Lawro has predicted us to win

"I also have a feeling that West Ham might slip up against Wolves, who were struggling until recently but have won three in a row since Christmas."

I agree with Lawro.

Anyone with a few bob to spare, Wolves are 125/1 to win the cup.

I think I'd rather spend between now and May constructing a pair of shoes entirely made out of £1 coins.

As Dan said though, there are a couple of cracking pubs near Liverpool street. If you can take time for a nip south of the river then London Bridge and Borough Market is always worth a visit - the Market Porter is excellent. The Euston Tap is okaaay, but a two minute walk to the Bree Louise is a much better meeting up point.

From what I have read Bilic 'says' he is taking this seriously so don't expect much of a reduction from their best team.

If so we will be very lucky to live with them.

Wouldn't risk Graham, especially if he isn't 100% - the only bright spark we have had of late and more important in the following games.

Wallace won't be used - indications he is to be allowed out on loan so will be surprised if he is in the 18.

As Dan said though, there are a couple of cracking pubs near Liverpool street. If you can take time for a nip south of the river then London Bridge and Borough Market is always worth a visit - the Market Porter is excellent. The Euston Tap is okaaay, but a two minute walk to the Bree Louise is a much better meeting up point.

Thanks for the heads up on The Bree, Paddy...Might head there second for a "Pie & A Pint"

So, where's good to drink that's a bit closer to Upton Park than the Euston Tap (where I'm meeting Parkin)

Liverpool Street is 20 minutes away on the Hammersmith line. Anywhere round there.

Thanks for the heads up on The Bree, Paddy...Might head there second for a "Pie & A Pint"

Looks like we are being given instructions to a pub per tube station on the way to Upton Park - hopefully we are still compos mentis enough to recall some of the match (though it may not be worth remembering :) )

We're relying on you two for detailed reports!

Ok...Here goes. "We're shit at the back"
"We're defending too deep"
"Why are we just launching the ball towards Siggy/ALF/Afobe*" *Delete as necessary
"Wish I was still in the real ale pub"

;)

Plus - to get to Liverpool street you need to get on the Hammersmith and City, District or Circle Lines. No go from Euston. You need to walk to Euston Square. Which takes you right past the Bree Louise if you use the back street rather than straight up the Euston Road.

Yeah, I would sack the Tap off altogether. Waste of a stop.

The Bree, Peter?

Cor blimey guvner orf down the rub a dub for a sherbet to see the ammers . Its a long ball and chalk to the ground from the rub a dub and as long as I am not too brahms and liszt I should nt need to stop off for a gypsys kiss . Soon be seeing them score a few sausage rolls then its back home to the trouble and strife , put me plates o meat up and watch the highlights on telly eating a bowl of loop the loop washed down with a Vera Lynn. Luverly!

Lawros cursed us.........

To say that the Hammers fans are somewhat less than enamoured with Lawro's prediction is an understatement. KUMB is ace.

My favourite so far is "weapons grade spunk trumpet"

To say that the Hammers fans are somewhat less than enamoured with Lawro's prediction is an understatement. KUMB is ace.

My favourite so far is "weapons grade spunk trumpet"

Fucking hilarious. I am going to put that in my list of favourite insults together with Hoofwanking bungle cun.t

I used to lurk on KUMB a lot, as my brother is an Iron and I do still have a soft spot for them, even with those fuckpigs in charge. Great ground, proper fans. KUMB is one of the best fora out there for me, always an excellent read.

Back