• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham United (A) FA Cup build up 9/1/16

For the very few who have defended our recent approach, if we don't change it for this game I reckon you'll get your answer as to what happens if we go 1-0 down playing that way.

I'd love to have the faith in Ken counting his blessings that we somehow got those nine points and moving on. Really, I would. I bet you he sticks with it though, the only question being whether he ditches it after we get thumped playing that way at Upton Park, endure at best a 0-0 vs Fulham at home or lose to a Russell fucking Slade team again.

Because we aren't safe yet. Not by a long chalk. The 9 points have been hugely welcome from a table point of view, and there is plenty of dross below us and a good gap. BUT play all the best players and get unlucky with injuries and we could very quickly end up dropping back toward Rotherham et al.

For me, league position is absolutely the only thing that matters until I see our points total starting with a 6.

To be fair if be very surprised if you needed more than 45 points to stay up this season the bottom 5 are pure garbage.

Bolton are dead and I don't think Charlton are getting out of it. That makes it a three way fight between Rotherham, Bristol City and MK Dons. Two of whom we have failed to beat, chiefly due to our esteemed manager's tactics. It's been six weeks since that MK game and I am still pissed off at the way we played.

For the very few who have defended our recent approach, if we don't change it for this game I reckon you'll get your answer as to what happens if we go 1-0 down playing that way.

I'd love to have the faith in Ken counting his blessings that we somehow got those nine points and moving on. Really, I would. I bet you he sticks with it though, the only question being whether he ditches it after we get thumped playing that way at Upton Park, endure at best a 0-0 vs Fulham at home or lose to a Russell fucking Slade team again.

TBF I think the majority who have "defended" our recent approach only do so in the short term and only as an answer to the previous results/performances. If we don't change to a more offensive and dynamic style within a few games then I think you will see pretty much everyone getting on his back. Unfortunately to not have to play 8 at the back, we need Williamson or similar to come in and I don't know how far he is off fit.

Wouldn't mind going 4-3-3 for this games, its the cup so may as well go shit or bust,
Ikeme,
Iorfa, Batth, Eel, Golbourne,
Coady, Kmac, Saville (or Evans)
Byrne, Alf, Zyro

I could be happy with that line up. We would still get on the wrong end of the scoreline 8 times out of 10 but at least it would be entertaining. More fun than hanging on dourly and then crumbling when superior quality shows.

Go out in a blaze of glory rather than a wimper. Go to West Ham and attack and lose 5-3. At least give the fans something to cheer or go there defend all game have one shot on target and lose 2-0. I will take the former every time

There is absolutely no chance we'll go out of the cup bravely.

We actually have enough quality to have an outside chance of giving the Hammers a game but instead we'll resort to the cowardly method of sticking as many men as possible behind the ball; the mindset of a League Two or Conference side in the same situation.

What a shame.

There is absolutely no chance we'll go out of the cup bravely.

We actually have enough quality to have an outside chance of giving the Hammers a game but instead we'll resort to the cowardly method of sticking as many men as possible behind the ball; the mindset of a League Two or Conference side in the same situation.

What a shame.

and I'll be there to witness it in all its glory...

I hope you will pay due homage at the Boleyn Ground by buying peanuts and dropping all the shells on the floor. I can't imagine going to watch a game there without the continual chanting of "Pea... Nats, Pea...Nats, Get Your Pea...Nats".

Wolves Twitter has just said that Martinez and Zyro are included in the squad for Saturday, but looks like Graham is going to be left out as he's 50/50

Wolves Twitter has just said that Martinez and Zyro are included in the squad for Saturday, but looks like Graham is going to be left out as he's 50/50

Makes sense. Rest the fella and allow time to recover. Given he's been our main creative threat recently, we don't want him missing from league games coming up.

Martinez and Zyro straight in please Ken.

"You can have the best tactics in the World but sometimes sheer determination gets you through".... So we were using the best tactics in the World were we Kenny? Shit, I'd hate to see the worst :facepalm:

So, where's good to drink that's a bit closer to Upton Park than the Euston Tap (where I'm meeting Parkin)

Liverpool Street is 20 minutes away on the Hammersmith line. Anywhere round there.

Back