• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

I'm not too bothered about this signing - it's clearly not a NES signing, it sounds very much like we're in the market for other defenders and I think he's a better player than EEL, Stearman and probably Batth as well.

I'm not exactly delighted with it but it's not anything to get worked up about either. Put me down for the upper section of 'meh'.

Frank, we get it, you don't like foreign owners involved in English football, which is fine, plenty of people don't and it's not racist or xenophobic, but please see that we have,owners that are investing in the team and trying to get us to the very top.

Last season didn't work, but time at the start of the season is a good reason why. Let's see what happens when they have a full close season and a full pre season before you decide that they are clueless.

At best it's xenophobic. Fine if you don't like owners because they're crooks or asset strippers but it isn't OK to not like somebody because they're foreign.

This particular poster holds thoroughly unpleasant views about our current owners and voices them continually but when challenged wants to spit his dummy out. Rinse and repeat.

At best it's xenophobic. Fine if you don't like owners because they're crooks or asset strippers but it isn't OK to not like somebody because they're foreign.

This particular poster holds thoroughly unpleasant views about our current owners and voices them continually but when challenged wants to spit his dummy out. Rinse and repeat.

Not really, many people don't like what has happened to the English game due to foreign influence, whether that is players or owners.

Not really, many people don't like what has happened to the English game due to foreign influence, whether that is players or owners.

If people don't like money ruining the game that's one thing but to say foreigners are ruining it is xenophobic.

They are on a par with Leeds United and Watford.

Watford who are establishing themselves in the Premier League and Leeds who finished above us and signed Chris Wood, who you have posted about after nearly every goal he scores as a reminder that we should have got him first.

Your anxiety is absolutely valid but the pedestal you're sitting on is not.

If people don't like money ruining the game that's one thing but to say foreigners are ruining it is xenophobic.
You could make the argument that foreigners can't truly appreciate a club and I don't think that would be terribly xenophobic to feel.

I'm not too bothered about this signing - it's clearly not a NES signing, it sounds very much like we're in the market for other defenders and I think he's a better player than EEL, Stearman and probably Batth as well.

I'm not exactly delighted with it but it's not anything to get worked up about either. Put me down for the upper section of 'meh'.
Agree with a lot of this and maybe the transfer had been agreed before Nuno gave Fosun the green light so they continued with the deal as a matter of honour

Ah, the racist accusation again. Very childish.

My concerns are about how Fosun have performed since buying Wolves, and have nothing whatsoever to do with their nationality.

Frank can you name any single owner, new to the game, who brought instant success to a club?

And technically they're on their third manager. Jacket was never their man and it's common for new owners to ditch the present incumbent. Zenga was never first choice, in fact he was an emergency appointment after Spain came calling for their first choice. Lambert was always a quick fix and he did what was required at a minimum. What's happening now is what should have happened last year, I'm not sure why you can't see that. And we're definitely not in a worse position than when Foaun bought us, we didn't have Helder Costa or Valencia and Porto's ex-boss when they did, I'm not sure why you can't see that either.

I've explained all of this before in answer to your questions but never got a response.

You never will Booz.

You could make the argument that foreigners can't truly appreciate a club and I don't think that would be terribly xenophobic to feel.

You could but this particular poster doesn't do that. Funny how he never criticised the previous regime in the same way. I wonder why that is?

Frank can you name any single owner, new to the game, who brought instant success to a club?

And technically they're on their third manager. Jacket was never their man and it's common for new owners to ditch the present incumbent. Zenga was never first choice, in fact he was an emergency appointment after Spain came calling for their first choice. Lambert was always a quick fix and he did what was required at a minimum. What's happening now is what should have happened last year, I'm not sure why you can't see that. And we're definitely not in a worse position than when Foaun bought us, we didn't have Helder Costa or Valencia and Porto's ex-boss when they did, I'm not sure why you can't see that either.

I've explained all of this before in answer to your questions but never got a response.
Liebherr pretty much nailed it from day one.

Abramovich did a pretty good job as well

"You will see the ambition that’s going to come out from the club and the way that things are going to move forward and you’ll notice that within the first few months of the season." Ryan Bennett

Ryan believes so do I

Maybe we signed Bennett so Sheffield utd will buy EEL?

Off the top of my head no I cannot name an owner new to the game show brought about instant success.

Jackett was the manager when Fosun took over, so there have been four managers since they took over. Though as Wolves did not play a single game under Jackett after the takeover, I accept that in effect there have been three managers in that time. Zenga may not have been first choice, but I presume that Fosun had a plan "B" to fall back on. Regarding Lambert, at no point can I recall anyone at the club saying he was a quick fix.

When you say what is happening now should have happened last year, I presume you mean the appointment of Nuno and the cull among the coaching staff, which I agree was long overdue. But I had hoped that Thelwell would have gone as well.

Without Costa we might well have gone down last season, but most of the other signings did nothing to write home about. And we also still have several first team squad members who in my opinion should not still be at a club hoping to gain promotion.

This season will be important for Fosun. And if the club get things right then I will gladly admit to being wrong.

Jackett was a dead man walking simply because it was clear Fosun wanted their own man. Even if KJ had stayed on he would have constantly expected to be fired anyway , so there was little basis for a working and trusting partnership.

Plan B was Silva which then turned into Plan get someone quickly. They knew Walter and took a gamble.

Fosun would have wanted Lambert to be a long term success but 2 things happened. 1) How we played at the end of the season. 2) A coach Fosun rate became available. Those 2 factors put us where we are today.

It was far from a perfect season.. with a few highlights. Fosun were held back by the timing of the takeover (if the FL had approved it 2 weeks earlier things would have been different).

Off the pitch we have made good decisions, certainly Dalrymple is proving himself.

On Thelwell. He clearly does something Fosun agree with as they have shown themselves to be ruthless in other areas at the club. We will see over the coming weeks where we are on transfer dealings but I will guess his main role will be sorting out contracts for players Mendes and Nuno suggest.

The players - We have a new coaching team so a fresh unbiased set of eyes to judge them but we are going to see some of them throughout the season as we are not going to sign 20+ players this window.

Off the top of my head no I cannot name an owner new to the game show brought about instant success.

Jackett was the manager when Fosun took over, so there have been four managers since they took over. Though as Wolves did not play a single game under Jackett after the takeover, I accept that in effect there have been three managers in that time. Zenga may not have been first choice, but I presume that Fosun had a plan "B" to fall back on. Regarding Lambert, at no point can I recall anyone at the club saying he was a quick fix.

When you say what is happening now should have happened last year, I presume you mean the appointment of Nuno and the cull among the coaching staff, which I agree was long overdue. But I had hoped that Thelwell would have gone as well.

Without Costa we might well have gone down last season, but most of the other signings did nothing to write home about. And we also still have several first team squad members who in my opinion should not still be at a club hoping to gain promotion.

This season will be important for Fosun. And if the club get things right then I will gladly admit to being wrong.

I don't think any sane person would dispute that Frank.

On Thelwell. He clearly does something Fosun agree with as they have shown themselves to be ruthless in other areas at the club. We will see over the coming weeks where we are on transfer dealings but I will guess his main role will be sorting out contracts for players Mendes and Nuno suggest.

It's clear to me from Dalrymple's comments today about Mendes not being allowed to officially be in charge of recruitment that we need Thelwell there as a notional DofF who'll do as he's told. To give the perception that he is in charge of recruitment we'll have to take the odd Ryan Bennett, in the same way as the Mendes link means we have to take the odd Ola John

Back