• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

I know nothing of the mechanics of transfers. Is there anyway this could have been agreed under Lambert and it's somehow too late for us to get out of it?

It's plausible but I don't think it's the case as I'm fairly certain (as I said in my article yesterday) that Lambert was in jeopardy for a relatively long time before the end of the season and the club wouldn't have been letting him unilaterally organise transfers as done deals with that background. I'm sure he's behind the targeting of him but as a club we've decided to press ahead with it.

Maybe we've done it to show the world "look, this is what Paul Lambert had lined up for us, we draw the line at actually signing Jordan Hugill though".

Part of me thinks this is a wink at the supporters who were worried that Mendes wanted/had complete control over transfers.

Anyway, welcome, Ryan! I'm not blown away but I'll reserve judgement for now.

A solid enough signing and one which improves our squad (i.e. He's better than the departed Stearman & Williamson).

Not a signing to get the juices flowing, but we'll need players like this over the course of a season.

Could he not have signed a pre-contract agreement in January though?

So Fosuns big ambition is signing a player who was not a regular at Norwich.

Forgive me for being underwhelmed with our owners, yet again.

Yeah we have got a head coach who shouldn't be near the championship but they will be signing Bennett and no one else to help him out.

10 games, 5 sub appearances, 3 yellows, 1 red, sold to Charlton at end of season...

It's plausible but I don't think it's the case as I'm fairly certain (as I said in my article yesterday) that Lambert was in jeopardy for a relatively long time before the end of the season and the club wouldn't have been letting him unilaterally organise transfers as done deals with that background. I'm sure he's behind the targeting of him but as a club we've decided to press ahead with it.

Maybe we've done it to show the world "look, this is what Paul Lambert had lined up for us, we draw the line at actually signing Jordan Hugill though".

A punishment signing? Excellent. Clubs should do more of that.

:icon_lol:

You really do take the biscuit, Frank.

This is the kind of player you'd have seen us signing ten times over if Lambert had got his way with transfers and was still here. Consider it a bullet dodged.

Swallow your pride and cut out the snipey remarks towards Fosun. It really is rather tedious.

Could have been Norwich had a year option on him and only just decided not to take it.
They didn't they announced it before the season ended, but you can't do Jan signings in the same country

And to think you get all upset when people call you a WUM.

In other news, Kevin Thelwell shows how fucking shite he is at his job by living up to his own shit standard.

That is on Fosun and for that I agree with you Frank, it is a serious mistake on their part. Not impressed keeping this sack of absolute shit.

I'm worried about Frank now - the change in tone is noticeable

Frank are you still in there or have you been invaded by alien forces?

Now I am in such a good mood I am not going to be negative. I hope he has a stonker of a season plays 40 games for a team with the best defensive record in 2017\18 and ends up player of the season. Welcome to wolves Ryan. You caught me on a good day

I think everyone has the opinion that one of the main reasons we have been so poor over recent seasons is Thelwell, but he seems to be the only one of our backroom staff that has survived, we sign a player that has his mark all over it, Frank criticises this and he's the one to get pelters..........don't get it.
Having said that, I'll give Bennet the benefit of the doubt until I see him play

Back