• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

Hmmm - Waghattan drops a worm in the water and gets some bites.

Please no more of that nonsense. I have been consistent in my criticism of Fosun, and this mediocre signing only backs up my belief. It would not surprise me if most of last seasons team start in our first game in August. I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion it is clear that Thelwell still has the final say on signings.

I think everyone has the opinion that one of the main reasons we have been so poor over recent seasons is Thelwell, but he seems to be the only one of our backroom staff that has survived, we sign a player that has his mark all over it, Frank criticises this and he's the one to get pelters..........don't get it.
Having said that, I'll give Bennet the benefit of the doubt until I see him play

Only Waghattan hasn't given the signing pelters just the owners. Again.

I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion it is clear that Thelwell still has the final say on signings.

Let's see what the following signings are.

If it is the players linked this week, then the Thelwell influence is not what you think/fear.

I think everyone has the opinion that one of the main reasons we have been so poor over recent seasons is Thelwell, but he seems to be the only one of our backroom staff that has survived, we sign a player that has his mark all over it, Frank criticises this and he's the one to get pelters..........don't get it.
Having said that, I'll give Bennet the benefit of the doubt until I see him play

Thank you for your kind comments. I am used to the criticism, but it appears only you and myself can see that this signing only confirms that Thelwell still pulls the strings.

Please no more of that nonsense. I have been consistent in my criticism of Fosun, and this mediocre signing only backs up my belief. It would not surprise me if most of last seasons team start in our first game in August. I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion it is clear that Thelwell still has the final say on signings.

Guess we'll just ignore the new manager and coaching staff who are all completely out of our league, then...

Let's see what the following signings are.

If it is the players linked this week, then the Thelwell influence is not what you think/fear.

That's what I'm hoping. But it will mean we have this disjointed nonsense of Lonergan/ Bod/ Gladon type signing coupled with Cav and Costa.

The shite just won't play which is no concern to us I suppose.

That's what I'm hoping. But it will mean we have this disjointed nonsense of Lonergan/ Bod/ Gladon type signing coupled with Cav and Costa.

The $#@!e just won't play which is no concern to us I suppose.

Pretty harsh on Bod to put him with those two, tbf.

Pretty harsh on Bod to put him with those two, tbf.

I've thought quite a lot about Bod and he's a likeable chap with a good work rate but he's got worse delivery and end product than the Tory party and 3 goals in a whole season is a shocking return.

If there was ever an advert for Mendes to have a bigger say in transfers.....

I hope he does well and does give us a little more depth but with the greatest respect I'd rather we added depth by signing quality

Bod isn't anything like good enough, no striker's instinct at all and isn't that much use as a focal point (not especially good in the air, can't hold the ball up). He's alright for nuisance value but we aren't in League Two.

I thought he came across very well and level headed on the video interview released by Wolves. I then went on his Twitter to find Tommy Robinson is at the top of the list of people he follows.

The $#@!e just won't play which is no concern to us I suppose.

I see where you're coming from but its a squad game. I would rather have moire cover in each position than less , see left back last year. Its a cheap addition so I will give him a chance. It smacks of the last of the old guard before its all change. Still, welcome Ryan. Prove the doubters wrong

The club also said today for us to keep our smart cards for next season which suggests we aren't changing Puma or TMS anytime soon.

The club also said today for us to keep our smart cards for next season which suggests we aren't changing Puma or TMS anytime soon.
Don't think Puma or moneyshop appeared on smart cards last Season.

Club also say kit and new website launched within the next few weeks.

My wallets in another room so will check shortly but I'm sure they did?

Don't mind this signing, mainly because I don't think he will be the only centre back we sign and although the need for Championship experience is overstated in some quarters, we are still going to need some players that know the league. In addition we have quite a lot of needs this summer, some positions like a goalscorer, creative number 10 and good central midfielders probably won't come cheap, so a squad option with experience for free is fine by me.

*I probably wouldn't be so understanding of this signing had Lambert still been here as I would have thought he may play from the start but as it stands I don't think we are finished strengthening that position.

Don't mind this signing, mainly because I don't think he will be the only centre back we sign and although the need for Championship experience is overstated in some quarters, we are still going to need some players that know the league. In addition we have quite a lot of needs this summer, some positions like a goalscorer, creative number 10 and good central midfielders probably won't come cheap, so a squad option with experience for free is fine by me.

*I probably wouldn't be so understanding of this signing had Lambert still been here as I would have thought he may play from the start but as it stands I don't think we are finished strengthening that position.

Nail. On. Head.

Turns out you were indeed correct.

Surely though, even if you are signing a cheap (we don't know *how* cheap) backup option, you want to be able to trust him? I don't trust Ryan Bennett at all.

He's not going to be as bad as Lonergan is, but you could apply the same arguments to him. No fee. Played loads in this league. Not going to be first choice. We have priorities elsewhere. How did that go?

Assuming we're going to sign at least one, maybe two other centre halves, Hause should still be one of the first choices...that relegates Danny Batth to bench/squad duties. Ryan Bennett is not as good as him.

Back