• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

I don't ever want to see my team finish 2nd in the top flight, losing only twice all season (one on the final day when the title is unattainable) concede only 19 goals and finish with +52 goal difference. Boo, Nuno out!

But hey. Dont get me wrong. I hope he does well at Wolves. When a network club wins, everyone wins. Its good for the system.

I just dont think it will happen. I know its trendy to have a portuguese manager these days but NES is just a Mendes product. He is no Marco Silva, no Jardim, no Mourinho. He is not even as near as a AVB. He was just lucky to have been Mendes first ever player. And even in those days he was playing at a level that was way over his league.

By the way, no attack on you...However you support (I think) Benfica, a team that is constantly at the top of their Countries Premier League. We support Wolverhampton Wanderers, a team that has only spent 4 seasons in the top division of the English game since 1984 so our dreams are different. Whatever else Mendes does he tends to help the teams he is involved with. NES is the best manager we have had in many years so please just let us enjoy the euphoria ;)

I don't ever want to see my team finish 2nd in the top flight, losing only twice all season (one on the final day when the title is unattainable) concede only 19 goals and finish with +52 goal difference. Boo, Nuno out!

Come on man. Its Porto in the portuguese league. Vítor Pereira was 2 seasons without a defeat with Porto. Nowadays he managed to put Munich 1860 in third division. We won 4 leagues in a row with a manager that cant put a sentence together and another one who says training is not that important...

Guys... I will let NES do the talk for me. He is ranked 2nd on Mendes boys charts (right after Bebé, yes the man utd one, which happens to be Mendes son in law).

Yes he won the cup after the a terrible season (Rio Ave always has good teams to portuguese level since Mendes uses them as a players dumpster) so it wasnt that big of a deal.

Given we are currently a lower half championship club if Mr Mendes wishes to use wolves as a player dumpster and we win the fa cup and get promoted then the number of fucks I give will be zero

I think a close second was probably as good as many could have done at Porto, their squad just simply wasn't as strong as the Champion's. It's creditable that they came so close to make not winning look like a failure.

I really enjoyed Silvio's interview and I have everything crossed that he signs another deal with us. He's a classy bastard and can get the ball down and play. It would be interesting to find out more on what he means by "the reality of the club", though I assume he's referencing the fact Nuno is inheriting a team of cloggers.

Aaaaaaanyway.

I really enjoyed Silvio's interview and I have everything crossed that he signs another deal with us. He's a classy bastard and can get the ball down and play. It would be interesting to find out more on what he means by "the reality of the club", though I assume he's referencing the fact Nuno is inheriting a team of cloggers.

I thought he was referring to the 'cosy club' as they are called and I hope Nuno breaks it up immediately (especially when he sees them play). No more Edwards, Doherty or Batth polluting our club.

Yeah, it could have either referenced the European/British groups, or the footballing/clogging.

Oh actually, they're the same

Everyone playing for themselves and a complete lack of team ethics with a culture of running rather than passing.

Shambolic coaching and management of players.

Thinking about Silvio, his experience, connection to Mendes and by extension the owners I wonder whether he was consulted directly about Lambert and played a part in his sacking?

Thinking about Silvio, his experience, connection to Mendes and by extension the owners I wonder whether he was consulted directly about Lambert and played a part in his sacking?

I would guess Mendes would encourage feed back from the players he represents and the comments about Lambert wouldn't be complimentary.

By the way, no attack on you...However you support (I think) Benfica, a team that is constantly at the top of their Countries Premier League. We support Wolverhampton Wanderers, a team that has only spent 4 seasons in the top division of the English game since 1984 so our dreams are different. Whatever else Mendes does he tends to help the teams he is involved with. NES is the best manager we have had in many years so please just let us enjoy the euphoria ;)

A rookie mistake when it comes to Mendes. First Lesson: Mendes helps nobody but himself. A short story: Benfica will likely break world record on sales these summer. Im guessing about 250M. Of that amount Benfica will get close to nothing. We have the biggest debt inEurope! Yet we sell and we sell and we sell. And we are the guiness book of records club with most paying members. So where does the money go?

Yes, you can say we win a lot and do well in the champions league... but at what price? I fear for Benfica future. We are a players factory these days. Fans were brainwashed and brag about selling records. We were a 2 time european champions. And runners up for 5 more times (damn the curse). We dont need Mendes to be a giant. But Mendes will kill the club in the long term. Victories blind the fans. I hope Benfica members wake up in time.

interesting comments from Silvio and from SLB. of course, Nuno is our manager now so we're going to be positive until there's a reason not to be. he's still young and no doubt he's got a learning curve with the English game. we will hopefully get some back room benefits additionally. how we do is also about the quality of players we bring in and maybe fosun will be willing to spend more to back their new man than they would have with PL. so regardless of Nuno and his team's own qualities hopefully we get some extra spin off benefit that we wouldn't have otherwise had.

You've not won the European Cup for 55 years, you've not made the Final for 27, relating your history in the 1960's is as relevant to today as us talking about the 50's

A rookie mistake when it comes to Mendes. First Lesson: Mendes helps nobody but himself. A short story: Benfica will likely break world record on sales these summer. Im guessing about 250M. Of that amount Benfica will get close to nothing. We have the biggest debt inEurope! Yet we sell and we sell and we sell. And we are the guiness book of records club with most paying members. So where does the money go?

Yes, you can say we win a lot and do well in the champions league... but at what price? I fear for Benfica future. We are a players factory these days. Fans were brainwashed and brag about selling records. We were a 2 time european champions. And runners up for 5 more times (damn the curse). We dont need Mendes to be a giant. But Mendes will kill the club in the long term. Victories blind the fans. I hope Benfica members wake up in time.

You know your club better than anybody on here but have you looked at your financial position? You've reduced your debt, bought players out of 3rd party ownership and then have a steady income from sales. I might be wrong but I can only see a club that is righting itself after loading itself with debt. Third part ownership is illegal and whilst Mendes clearly makes money by moving players around he also makes sure those clubs achieve a measure of success with those players (see Silva at Monaco) which benefits everybody. Mendes clearly looks after himself but he's using the clubs he's friendly with as vehicles for his success because without their success his players aren't worth a lot.

Can you shed some light on what I'm missing please.

No offence SLB but I remember you coming on here in Jan/Feb and telling us that there was no way Helder Costa is worth £13m. And you were correct in a way. He's worth way more than that.

You know your club better than anybody on here but have you looked at your financial position? You've reduced your debt, bought players out of 3rd party ownership and then have a steady income from sales. I might be wrong but I can only see a club that is righting itself after loading itself with debt. Third part ownership is illegal and whilst Mendes clearly makes money by moving players around he also makes sure those clubs achieve a measure of success with those players (see Silva at Monaco) which benefits everybody. Mendes clearly looks after himself but he's using the clubs he's friendly with as vehicles for his success because without their success his players aren't worth a lot.

Can you shed some light on what I'm missing please.

I wish that was the case. But sadly it isnt. Our debt gets bigger every year. Players continue to belong to third parties, only its undercovered. Reason why debt keeps getting bigger. Money doesnt come to the club.

Our football results are just a... decoy if you want to call it that way. As long as Benfica wins the chairman and Mendes keep the factory working and pouring money in their pockets. We dont have (and legally cant) have an owner. The day Benfica starts to loose both Mendes and the chairman get the boot.

As for Costa, i know he has improved since Benfica B days but i still dont think he is worth that kind of money.
Much less Cavaleiro.

In a long term, you will realise Mendes ways. Just look where Valencia is...thats whats left when Mendes reaches the bone...

Back