• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

One thing is for certain. He is there so better get used to it. For starters here is the system he likes as shown on a press conferência.

View attachment 1732
We just going to ignore that this was a press conference just after beating Arouca 3-0?

Porto President confirms that Nuno wasn't sacked he resigned to take up the Wolves job.

Porto President confirms that Nuno wasn't sacked he resigned to take up the Wolves job.

Wow, that's pretty big if true. He surely has had assurances about the playing staff and transfers

Wow, that's pretty big if true. He surely has had assurances about the playing staff and transfers

"Yeah, we'll let you keep Doherty. I know Lahm has retired and Bayern are desperate, but if that's what you want, that's what you can have"

Can't be arsed to Google it as I'm on the tablet but when did Nuno leave Porto? Before the end of the season? If this is true it would show how long Fosun were fed up with Lambert for.

Can't be arsed to Google it as I'm on the tablet but when did Nuno leave Porto? Before the end of the season? If this is true it would show how long Fosun were fed up with Lambert for.

Nope, he was there right to the end. They lost two games all season in the league, one was a final day dead rubber when they were already too far behind Benfica. Then he left on the Monday.

Blatantly though we were talking to him well in advance of then.

Interesting. Was the uncertainty around Lambert waiting for Nuno to confirm? Presumably expecting some good players in as well, certainly not the ones we've been linked with this week!

My suspicion, as I wrote in my article last week - and I don't know for sure, this is based on what I have been told, and I wouldn't have put it in there if I didn't trust the info - is that Lambert was a dead man walking by early March. February sealed his fate.

Darymple basically said that in his interviews as well. The tactics and performances concerned Jeff Shi and the board. Games like Blackburn at Molineux did it for Lambert.

Well thank fook we have a board who can spot the crap, and who aren't afraid to make big decisions. Can you imagine how this would have played out if Morgan and Moxey were still here?

Well thank fook we have a board who can spot the crap, and who aren't afraid to make big decisions. Can you imagine how this would have played out if Morgan and Moxey were still here?

We've always been too slow to sack managers (and hint hint, look out for a breakdown of this soon...). People moan about this. Rightly, really. We can all see a lame duck when we know one.

We actually be ruthless and people still moan.

Question here. As you know I wanted Nigel Pearson before Lambert. My own thinking before other, I would think that Pearson would have acted and discarded the likes of Edwards, Saville, Doherty etc etc a lot sooner if he knew they were killing us. ??

He might have done, but he'd have caused instability in other areas as he's a squareheaded weirdo. Not a hope he was the answer.

Back