• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Nuno Espirito Santo

I wouldn't have been averse to a good English manager...........its just there aren't any, none that would come to Wolves anyway
He's wandering around town on a Thursday lunchtime in a Wolves top and what looks like a Wolves themed lanyard, I think we can quickly dismiss what he says

...and you don't need to read too far between the lines to see what he thought of the other players and Lambert's tactics. Makes you think the one year option has to have some degree of mutuality.

If I were him and (when both fit) Doherty was being picked ahead of me I'd be fucking livid. Wouldn't you?

Interesting and refreshing to see one of our players saying something a bit more useful than the usual platitudes. I hope Silvio comes back and think he is far more likely to do so with Nuno in charge than he would have if it were Lambert. Besides the playing side, he could provide Nuno with some valuable insight into the squad he has inherited and some of the wasters within it

I really like Silvios comments. Not afraid to say it like it is. He's not used to playing with average, rubbish footballers and sure as he'll didn't appreciate being left out of the team for bloody Doherty. He'll do for me ;)

I really like Silvios comments. Not afraid to say it like it is. He's not used to playing with average, rubbish footballers and sure as he'll didn't appreciate being left out of the team for bloody Doherty. He'll do for me ;)
Remember when Georg Margreitter gave basically the same interview?

There is a chance that Costa will stay now I think, if nuno could build a team around him and Cav and keep Silvio fit and playing then I'm excited.

When can we start buying super NES t-shirts that have nuno's face on Mario's body?

I'd be surprised if Silvio was used to playing with any other footballers given his injury record.

Ah good point...Just didn't read it that way so happy to be corrected :smack: :icon_lol:

Sorry mate but its Wolves paying the favour to Mendes.

Nuno was probably the worst manager Porto had in years. He is a "Mendes boy" as we call it in Portugal. He failed at Rio Ave and yet scored a job at Valencia. Where he almost got relegated. (Meanwhile he released Jonas on a free transfer...i thank him for that!) After that tremendous job at Valencia he still signed with Porto (thanks to Mendes of course). And guess what? He failed. The team struggled to score goals and was mentally very weak. Every time he had the chance to reach the 1st place he either drew or lost.

Oh and for weeks he was a national joke when he decided to explain Porto's system with drawings on a white board. Google it. Its hilarious.

So basically he failed everywhere. Dont get high expectations...

He failed at Rio Ave...yet took them into Europe for the first time in their history Thanks to getting into Cup Finals. He can fail like that here.

Almost relegated Valencia. Finished 4th and then left with them 9th in the top division. He can fail like that here.

Worst Porto manager in years. 2 league defeats...again he can fail like that here.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. He didn't almost get relegated at Valencia at all, 4th and 9th (when he left) isn't terrible at all.

He only lost 2 games at Porto last season. I'm guessing you're a Benfica fan so not Porto's greatest cheerleader.

Edit: ninja'd by Kenneth :(

Sorry mate but its Wolves paying the favour to Mendes.

Nuno was probably the worst manager Porto had in years. He is a "Mendes boy" as we call it in Portugal. He failed at Rio Ave and yet scored a job at Valencia. Where he almost got relegated. (Meanwhile he released Jonas on a free transfer...i thank him for that!) After that tremendous job at Valencia he still signed with Porto (thanks to Mendes of course). And guess what? He failed. The team struggled to score goals and was mentally very weak. Every time he had the chance to reach the 1st place he either drew or lost.

Oh and for weeks he was a national joke when he decided to explain Porto's system with drawings on a white board. Google it. Its hilarious.

So basically he failed everywhere. Dont get high expectations...

He may have been under qualified for jobs at behemoths like Porto and Valencia but at 43 he's still learning so might him taking a step down be an opportunity to build something? It certainly shows a humility and willingness to learn and grow if nothing else.

We get it SLB you don't like Mendes but making things up make your arguments weak. Nuno definitely didn't fail at Rio Ave and he finished 4th with Valencia and they were 9th when he resigned, wasn't aware you could get relegated from there. Maybe Porto had several chances to get in front of Benfica but their squad isn't anywhere near as good as it should be and they haven't won anything for a few years so he's hardly the worst coach they have had in years.

Guys... I will let NES do the talk for me. He is ranked 2nd on Mendes boys charts (right after Bebé, yes the man utd one, which happens to be Mendes son in law).

Yes he won the cup after the a terrible season (Rio Ave always has good teams to portuguese level since Mendes uses them as a players dumpster) so it wasnt that big of a deal.

But hey. Dont get me wrong. I hope he does well at Wolves. When a network club wins, everyone wins. Its good for the system.

I just dont think it will happen. I know its trendy to have a portuguese manager these days but NES is just a Mendes product. He is no Marco Silva, no Jardim, no Mourinho. He is not even as near as a AVB. He was just lucky to have been Mendes first ever player. And even in those days he was playing at a level that was way over his league.

Back