• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

The worrying thing is that all of this shit, on both sides of the Atlantic, will just turn more and more people off politics.
What's the point of reading/watching/listening to the news if politicians and their spokespeople don't even make the slightest effort to be factually accurate? Discussion becomes meaningless. (See what happens to political threads on here now.)

And the less people engage with it because they come to the conclusion that life really is too short to argue with people who have such a tenuous grip on reality, the more the field is left open to those nutjobs.

I think the left wing media are trying to whip up hysteria against Trump, because Trump supports Brexit and put Theresa May at the top of his visiting list. The promise to do business with the UK, doesn't suit the agenda of the leavers, who many want the UK to suffer, to show that they were right about Brexit. Sorry state really, that people don't want their own country to succeed, for their own selfish reasons.
Donald Trump( who I don't like) was elected democratically by the USA electorate. These are both sad and dangerous times for democracy. Social media, the media, Facebook, Google ect are more dangerous to democracy than Donald Trump.

That is hilarious. If you really think Facebook is more of a danger than an orange gimp with his fingers around the nuclear codes sabre rattling his way to World War III then you need your bumps felt

The Telegraph is left wing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...res-fascists-obsession-cleansing-apocalyptic/

Melania Trump is currently suing the famously left wing Daily Mail.

There will be no good deal for the UK with the most protectionist US President in the last 100 years. How can there be? Ignoring the fact that the idiot can't read or negotiate, he has clearly prioritised American jobs and American products above all else.

thm has been repeatedly asked exactly who this left wing media is. The answer is usually bbc/guardian. Links are then posted to articles critical of the left. Ad infinitum.
It's beyond circular now. There is a constant evasion of the point, and constant meaningless statements being repeated.
He's got to be a baggie on a wind up. No one is that stupid, unless it is by intent.

thm has been repeatedly asked exactly who this left wing media is. The answer is usually bbc/guardian. Links are then posted to articles critical of the left. Ad infinitum.
It's beyond circular now. There is a constant evasion of the point, and constant meaningless statements being repeated.
He's got to be a baggie on a wind up. No one is that stupid, unless it is by intent.

You mean you want to continuously critisize Brexit and Trump and when a poster says something different, he is a wind up. Typical left wing ploy, to shut up the opposition with censorship.

The Telegraph is left wing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...res-fascists-obsession-cleansing-apocalyptic/

Melania Trump is currently suing the famously left wing Daily Mail.

There will be no good deal for the UK with the most protectionist US President in the last 100 years. How can there be? Ignoring the fact that the idiot can't read or negotiate, he has clearly prioritised American jobs and American products above all else.

He won the election. He should be defeated in the voting booth, not by the media and social media. Do you think that the vast majority of people who signed the petition to stop Trump coming to the UK, voted Brexit or to remain. Because they have something in common, they can't accept defeat and are trying to undermine democracy.

You mean you want to continuously critisize Brexit and Trump and when a poster says something different, he is a wind up. Typical left wing ploy, to shut up the opposition with censorship.
It's not the fact that you have an opposing opinion to most that makes us accuse you of being on a wind up. It's the fact that you continue to post the same nonsense over and over despite being presented with evidence proving that it is a crock of shit.

I didn't realise that the victors of any election had the right to do whatever they wanted for whatever the length of their term is. Better close the Tory thread for another eight years or so, eh.

Donald Trump is trying to enact racist policy in his first fortnight in charge, whether you think that is important or not people are well within their rights to protest against it. Similarly people are well within their rights to object to him being a guest of our Royal Family and speaking to Parliament when he's on record as being a misogynist.

No-one is trying to suggest he didn't win the election (although he clearly didn't win the popular vote, which winds him up no end).

He can put in place any policy he likes providing he can get it through the two Houses. But why can't people who oppose him criticise what he's doing, protest against it if they wish? America isn't a totalitarian state.

Same as Brexit, no-one disputes that Leave won - but if you're expecting over 16 million people to shrug their shoulders, say "ah well, we lost, best get on board with Uncle Nige's lovely brand of racism" and never utter a word against the Government's actions then I'm not sure what sort of democracy it is that you really want.

I didn't realise that the victors of any election had the right to do whatever they wanted for whatever the length of their term is. Better close the Tory thread for another eight years or so, eh.

Donald Trump is trying to enact racist policy in his first fortnight in charge, whether you think that is important or not people are well within their rights to protest against it. Similarly people are well within their rights to object to him being a guest of our Royal Family and speaking to Parliament when he's on record as being a misogynist.

No-one is trying to suggest he didn't win the election (although he clearly didn't win the popular vote, which winds him up no end).

Racist?

Yes, that's why I called it racist.

If Donald Trump wants to sue me for saying he is proposing racist policy then he can feel free. As can Nigel Farage when I call him a racist.

Yup. But people who aren't stupid know that two wrongs don't make a right. You learned that in primary school, right?

Yes, that's why I called it racist.

If Donald Trump wants to sue me for saying he is proposing racist policy then he can feel free. As can Nigel Farage when I call him a racist.

But he isn't banning countries because of race, he is banning them because he sees them as dangerous. There are many Muslim countries he hasn't banned. Muslims are of all colours, so I don't think it can be called racist, personally. If People from the banned countries, have dual nationality and aren't departing from one of the 7 countries, they can go to the USA. So I can't see how it can be described as racist, or anti muslim.
He has said many things that I agree are racist, but banning those 7 countries, I don't see it. He said he would do it in his manifesto, won the election on the same manifesto and is completing his promises.

Just like to add, I think banning the 7 countries was a complete over reaction. But I accept the USA democratic result and am nobody to question him completing his manifesto promises. I see hysteria, as many other countries have worse presidents, who weren't even elected, I don't see the mass petitions or media attention to that.

Blanket banning people on the basis of nationality is by definition racist. Especially when there is no basis for said ban.

number-of-americans-killed-annually-by-islamic-jihadist-immigrants-far-13225010.png

That's right, Kim Kardashian has a greater grasp of reality than Donald Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/trump-immigration-ban-terrorism/514361/

I'm amazed you don't think people have a right to protest against such nonsense. Doesn't make any difference if he said it in his manifesto (did he?), the BNP have a manifesto and that's racist as well.

Back