• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

American car companies are spending billions on car plants in the USA, instead of Mexico. This is jobs and an election promise. He stopped the USA involvement in TTIP another election promise. These are huge promises which he has kept. He also kept his promise on the abortion law, which might not please us, but he was voted in to power, with a mandate to do these very things.

He is closing himself and America out of the other countries on the earth, creating his own little world for all americans..

US car companies have done no such thing as yet - indeed they're still actively investing in Mexican facilities as we speak - if they do end up doing it to any great degree it'll because they've been massively bribed by the US Government to do so (much like the UK Government has had to bribe Nissan to stay in Sunderland post-Brexit).

He is closing himself and America out of the other countries on the earth, creating his own little world for all americans..

90% of all drugs get in to the USA through Mexican drug cartels.
I don't agree with the wall and don't think it will work, but these things were in his manifesto.

US car companies have done no such thing as yet - indeed they're still actively investing in Mexican facilities as we speak - if they do end up doing it to any great degree it'll because they've been massively bribed by the US Government to do so (much like the UK Government has had to bribe Nissan to stay in Sunderland post-Brexit).

Protecting jobs for people in the USA, do you disagree with this?

I think making pledges to prop up long since moribund industries is an incredibly empty and shallow political ploy.

In that press conference an hour or so ago he was banging on about getting the US to produce coal en masse again too, pretty much everything he says is unworkable and has no proper planning attached to it.

I think making pledges to prop up long since moribund industries is an incredibly empty and shallow political ploy.

In that press conference an hour or so ago he was banging on about getting the US to produce coal en masse again too, pretty much everything he says is unworkable and has no proper planning attached to it.

I am debating if he crazy, I am saying he is keeping promises, that were in his manifesto.

Toyota Motor (TM, +0.20%) will invest $10 billion in the United States over the next five years, the same as in the previous five years, North America Chief Executive Jim Lentz said Monday.

From that very article. Zero increase. 0%.

90% of all drugs get in to the USA through Mexican drug cartels.
I don't agree with the wall and don't think it will work, but these things were in his manifesto.
He need to stop the tweeting, what was the mexican president gonna do but cancel the meeting to keep mexicans believe in the future..? Mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.

So is it a sign of what a $#@!ing backward place Ireland is? Just curious.

Paddy is Welsh...

Please stop insulting Ireland ;)

And yes, as far as "modern life" Ireland, or the hold that the Catholic Church has over it is very backward

I will give Trump one thing, he has that charisma and "ability" much like a sect leader, to get people onboard and disable their brain..

Paddy is Welsh...

Please stop insulting Ireland ;)

And yes, as far as "modern life" Ireland, or the hold that the Catholic Church has over it is very backward

Darlo, Surely you can't say that. There are about a billion Catholics in the world and most Catholic countries look after their families and we could learn things from them.
Maybe it would be better to say they are less liberal than us, as far as abortion goes, but backwards is a strong term here.
I think most people in the world , who follow a religion have the same view on abortion as the Catholic church does, Islam and the Evangelical church certainly do.

Darlo, Surely you can't say that. There are about a billion Catholics in the world and most Catholic countries look after their families and we could learn things from them.
Maybe it would be better to say they are less liberal than us, as far as abortion goes, but backwards is a strong term here.
I think most people in the world , who follow a religion have the same view on abortion as the Catholic church does, Islam and the Evangelical church certainly do.

Religious writings are from a different time, times change and improve for the better in most cases. Taking misinterpreted, literal views on the writings in The Bible or The Koran is what causes much of the oppression and hatred in the World today (imo)

(I'm of Irish parents and was raised as a practicing Catholic)

Back