• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

It is easy disagree with his policies, but he seems to be carrying out what he promised to do in his campaign, which is unusual in politics.

I assume you're looking forwards to the trade deal we're going to get from him to replace the one we had as part of the EU.

Yes - tearing up the the Pacific trade agreement, and the agreement with Canada and Mexico is next for the chop. He is being completely protectionist, and today stated he was looking for more burdensome border taxes. Good luck with getting that free trade agreement...

It was never actually agreed. It is just posturing.

Because it is a disgrace in a modern society for a woman's right to choose to be removed by the state.

Not everyone thinks like that though, some believe that the unborn have a right to life, Obviously the unborn don't get to choose'.
Just because you don't agree, which is your prerogative, doesn't make it 'unbelievable'.
It is a question of conscience and we need to accept other people's opinions.
Trump is rebalancing this, if charities want to fund abortion that's up to their donors to decide but they shouldn't be state sponsored.

Wow, I think Arklo has actually invented timetravel and arrived from the 1800's.... What's you secret? Was it the flux-capacitor???

Don't really think this is a subject to be taken lightly personally.
But if you want to treat it as so that's your problem.

Fair enough. If you want to sit that side of the abortion debate arklo then that is your right. I can't and never will agree with you though.

It's a complete non-debate for me. On a par with the womens vote.

As I said earlier in this thread, don't be surprised if Roe v. Wade gets struck down within the next four years. Trump hasn't made his Supreme Court appointments yet. Women's rights are about to take a massive hit in the US. Of course, nobody respects women more than Donald.

No. Charities that operate will have all their state funding removed if they push abortion rights. So you are wrong on that one.

A woman's right for abortion has not been removed by the state, Paddy. If they want an abortion, it has not been made illegal, just the state aren't going to fund it.

And what I am saying is that if there is a, say US cancer charity that receives millions in state aid and that charity spends 1 dollar in assisting abortion in any way, then the millions are immediately removed. That to me is fucking disgusting, and is basically the state saying it doesn't approve of abortion.

It is a very difficult debate, and emotions tend to be high on it.

Back