• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

I've read about three different 'explainers' and I'm still not sure I've got it right...my understanding is that the prosecutor that brought the case was not qualified to do so, and so regardless of the merits of the case it's thrown out. Is that right? That can't be right.

Smith's appointment violated the appointments clause of the U.S. constitution. He was not appointed by the Senate, and was not a U.S. Attorney when appointed. The appointments clause is to separate the "congressional control of the "purse" from executive control of the "sword "described by Alexander Hamilton in Federalist paper 78.

I am paraphrasing (quoting) from Judge Cannon's full decision and background that is covered in Breitbart News U.S. edition.

I've read about three different 'explainers' and I'm still not sure I've got it right...my understanding is that the prosecutor that brought the case was not qualified to do so, and so regardless of the merits of the case it's thrown out. Is that right? That can't be right.
The Supreme Court has recently laid the groundwork for a redefinition of the constitution to change how the DOJ works, with the intent that when Trump comes back to power he can wield it against his enemies without checks and balances. Part of that new interpretation of the constitution is that a special prosecutor in a case like this has to be appointed by the Senate.

Cannon's been trying to slow the case down as much as she can since it was handed to her, and this will likely also be overturned by the 11th Circuit on appeal, but then it will probably just be given back to her for more shenanigans designed to run the clock down until Trump gets re-elected.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump treats his security staff like shit, just like he treats everybody else. And so they took a rather lax attitude towards his safety.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trump treats his security staff like shit, just like he treats everybody else. And so they took a rather lax attitude towards his safety.
He only does rallies in fields these days because he ripped off so many venues by booking them but never actually paying during his first run.

The point is that any decent security would have scouted the venue and had men on the entrances to local rooves. It is bizarre, almost they have never heard of the Texas book depository (yes I know Oswald wasn't on the roof, but you know what I mean).

Will Trump hold any more of these rallies I wonder ?

Surely getting shot again will be on his mind .

Will Trump hold any more of these rallies I wonder ?

Surely getting shot again will be on his mind .
I’d imagine it was before and security now will be extremely tight.

The point is that any decent security would have scouted the venue and had men on the entrances to local rooves. It is bizarre, almost they have never heard of the Texas book depository (yes I know Oswald wasn't on the roof, but you know what I mean).
Secret Service details for former presidents and presidential candidates (pre-confirmation at their party's national convention, which this event was) are much smaller than actual presidents and confirmed candidates, with local police often pulled in to fill the gaps. From the sounds of it there were a bunch of small fuck-ups that happened to all line up perfectly so that this guy could get some shots off, but at the same time the Secret Service operates something of an omerta when it comes to just how many assassination attempts they block each year, because they don't want to encourage copycats by revealing just how easy it actually is to have a chance if someone really, really wants to, and they don't care about surviving themselves either.

Back