• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Why do you think that?
I dunno. The fact that security allowed someone to take a shot at him, the fact that they missed, the whole ducking down then coming up with blood on his ear thing, pausing to throw his fist in the ear rather than being rushed offstage.

I’m not saying it was faked btw. 2 people are dead so it obviously wasn’t. It just looks dodgy.

I dunno. The fact that security allowed someone to take a shot at him, the fact that they missed, the whole ducking down then coming up with blood on his ear thing, pausing to throw his fist in the ear rather than being rushed offstage.

I’m not saying it was faked btw. 2 people are dead so it obviously wasn’t. It just looks dodgy.
The people who support Trump claim that Sandy Hook was all actors so why couldn’t this be a set up?

Tell the lad that he will be pardoned when Trump gets in (he was a Republican), Trump cuts himself to bleed, spend time showboating instead of getting the fuck out of there like a normal person. Shooter killed so loose end tied up.

If the attack had been on Biden, that could well be the scenario that the Republicans would be running…

Kid’s political affiliation is murky tbf; registered Republican but has ties to a liberal group which he made donations to.

Have to say Assassins were way better in the old days, this shooter couldn’t hit a stationary target while lying on a flat roof, in the old days they could hit a presidents head in a moving car from two directions simultaneously

unofficial merchandise you can now buy, along with T-shirts IMG_2043.jpeg

Have to say Assassins were way better in the old days, this shooter couldn’t hit a stationary target while lying on a flat roof, in the old days they could hit a presidents head in a moving car from two directions simultaneously
Even Fabio Silva has a better shot in him.

An ex president has a serious security team and they allowed a shooter into a roof within 150 yards? Looking at the location there are five buildings in that radius to check and secure. It stretches believability that they allowed the shooter into that position and then gave him time to set up the shot without noticing he was there when members of the crowd noticed him.

And then he makes a pretty shit shot to miss from that range.

It’s not quite the man on the grassy knoll but plenty doesn’t ring true

imho there seems zero chance if someone was in serious danger that a security troop would wait to allow someone to do a fist pump with his head popped up like that. almost like creating that image was the goal. it seems totally bizarre writing that knowing someone has apparently died and the implication of that. I’d love to hear someone who’s worked security actually try to explain how textbook that exit wasn’t.

Look at the Zapruder film of Kennedy or the footage of the Reagan shooting. Security acted completely differently and got the victim out of dodge very fucking quickly or put themselves in the way. It is not normal to let the target stick his head up again.

Look at the Zapruder film of Kennedy or the footage of the Reagan shooting. Security acted completely differently and got the victim out of dodge very fucking quickly or put themselves in the way. It is not normal to let the target stick his head up again.
You could also look at it from a different perspective - that the secret service failed to prevent a shooter get that close to trump and then additionally left his head exposed unnecessarily. I mean if you were a right wing conspiracy theorist what would that suggest? Incompetence or something else?

People will read what they want into the iffiness of that exit. I also heard a reporter on the BBC this morning who commented on how quickly they acted in getting him off stage safely making me question my own eyes and sanity.

Trump pushed them away because the man is always, always thinking about his angles. He is kayfabe personified.

Still digesting the fact that he came that close to being killed. If he hadn't turned his head to the right a few seconds before the first bullet, the back of his skull would have been spread across the front row of the audience behind him. An inch away from rewriting history. You can see how intoxicating that possibility must be to some people.

He’s rewritten history regardless. Trump wins now and this is an extremely convenient excuse for him to be draconian (with support of the larger GOP).

“They’re literally after me, you all saw it!”

Yep. This legitimises some of his Agenda 2025 totalitarian shit. How convenient...

Idk, with a bit of distance from the initial shock I'm starting to doubt it actually helps him that much.

Like, who out there is going to like Trump more because he almost died? It energises his base, sure, but outside of that it's a perfect opportunity to point out that Trump has celebrated and encourage political violence against his opponents for years. The Dems might be going fully into "we must bring the country together mode" but I think for a lot of normal people, if not the majority, their response to hearing Donald Trump nearly got domed was probably "fuck, only nearly?"

Getting shot didn't help George Wallace after all.

It's not about getting him elected. It's about allowing him to do what he wants after he is elected.

True.

Already seeing way too much pulling back from criticising him now in the media. He's got a halo, and if he can keep hold of it he's sorted.

I also love the “we can’t tell his motives” statements coming from investigators right now.

Like. Obviously we can’t be certain as yet, but just think about who Trump is. There’s your motive.

Back