• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Watching them argue over who's better at golf made me want to wrap my 3-iron through the telly. Fucking bellends. Biden would be in an ambulance half way down a par 5, and Trump would faint putting his ball on a tee. I can't believe one of those geriatric freaks is going to be president

I don't know the intricacies of the system and technically he doesn't have the nomination yet, but it's too late for anybody to stand against him so as far as I'm aware the only way he can be removed is if he either pulls out himself which seems unlikely or he is officially declared medically unfit, which he's not from what I can see, just old
Isn't the Democratic convention in August ?

He can still be replaced as far as I am aware , not easy to do and it would be messy .

The fact that he has not stepped aside at this point would indicate that he is a very stubborn person .

Watching them argue over who's better at golf made me want to wrap my 3-iron through the telly. Fucking bellends. Biden would be in an ambulance half way down a par 5, and Trump would faint putting his ball on a tee. I can't believe one of those geriatric freaks is going to be president
Who are the respective vice-presidents? Do we know yet? Because there is a good chance they'll become President during the term

Bet you'd still slice it

Isn't the Democratic convention in August ?

He can still be replaced as far as I am aware , not easy to do and it would be messy .

The fact that he has not stepped aside at this point would indicate that he is a very stubborn person .
Biden would have to step down himself. I suspect he will and Newsom will end up with the nomination. I don’t know that Newsom would win either. He’s not going to be obviously popular with swing voters being the governor of California and well entrenched in the Democrat machine.

Was up in the middle of the night changing nappies so watched the whole thing live.

Total disaster for the Dems. And Trump was incredibly bad! Anyone with even an average dose. of energy would have run rings around him.

Problem is the Democratic establishment is still haunted by what happened in 1968 when Johnson stood down and the party tore itself apart, letting Nixon in, and then again in 1972 when Eagleton had to drop out due to his health issues. Biden’s old enough to remember those years firsthand, even. I can’t see him stepping aside.

It's a wonder he doesn't say the power cables are too short on the planes or you'll get electrocuted once the boat is in the water

I agree, he spouts any bullshit that comes into his head knowing the baying rednecks will lap it all up and believe every word

Correct me if I’m wrong here becuse I know little about American politics.

But surely the vast majority are voting Dem/ Rep regardless of candidate.

Like in this country people vote Tory even if they shit on your doorstep. Only in this country we have more than 2 parties so they have protested to reform.

I can only really compare it to Corbyn vs Farage situation. Surely no matter your opinion on Corbyn, you wouldn’t have it in you to switch to Farage, unless you were that way inclined and voting for him anyway?

Correct me if I’m wrong here becuse I know little about American politics.

But surely the vast majority are voting Dem/ Rep regardless of candidate.

Like in this country people vote Tory even if they shit on your doorstep. Only in this country we have more than 2 parties so they have protested to reform.

I can only really compare it to Corbyn vs Farage situation. Surely no matter your opinion on Corbyn, you wouldn’t have it in you to switch to Farage, unless you were that way inclined and voting for him anyway?
There's red states and blue states, apart from the landslide years those aren't ever going to change. California will always be Democrat, Texas Republican etc. Most elections are about 4 States in the rust belt, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvannia, win those and you take the White House. If you take Penn. as an example it's a conservative state in it's centre with 2 large Democratic cities at its edges in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, so which way it tips is crucial.

There's not much of a gap politically between a moderate Democrat and a moderate Republican. Biden's historic politics would fit in the Conservative Party here, so it's more the personality than the politics which wins most elections. Trump is difficult to peg politically, because like Johnson he doesn't have core beliefs he's just an opportunist. That's great for the base he's created, but he's lost swathes of traditional Republicans in doing so.

The amount of swing states/voters is really small, it's a nonsense system really.

Indeed, a felony.

It's obviously a shitty thing to say, and not funny in the slightest, but isn't he just taking the piss? Idk it's hard to tell these days

Back