• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

I dunno. There are some polls that said it might cost him 20% of his support. That's significant.

That should end his presidential run as the swing vote will be too much.

I'm glad to say I haven't. I am aware poĺls can't always be trusted though.

Not sure how to feel, but I know I'd feel worse if they hadn't found him guilty.

I guess I'll take that as a sign that at least some folks don't buy his shit.

Surveys have shown Trump making inroads with younger voters and non-white voters, but that support has often appeared soft, meaning they haven’t fully made up their minds.

A not-guilty verdict would have somewhat of an inverse effect of a guilty verdict. Almost 1 in 5 voters under 45, non-white voters, those who make less than $50,000 a year and others said an acquittal would make them more likely to vote for Trump.

Mike Burr, a Democrat from Georgia, told NPR the trial won’t affect his vote because he’s voting against Trump.

“The trial kind of affirms that I don't think anybody should be voting for Donald Trump,” Burr said. “I don't think Donald Trump is good for the country.”

John Duvall, a Republican from Tennessee, had the opposite view.

“I think it’s a big farce,” Duvall said. “It’s an attack on Donald Trump. … I’ll vote for him more because of what they’re doing, because it’s illegal. If they send him to jail, I’ll still vote for him, because the whole thing is a political attack on him.”

Small, but perhaps important, percentages of core Trump voter groups also said they would be less likely to vote for Trump if he were found guilty — those who live in small towns (17%), whites without college degrees (14%), those who live in rural areas (11%) and Republicans (10%).

Just 11% of independents said a guilty verdict would make them less likely to vote for Trump.

In a race that’s expected to be close, any decline, even at the margins, could have an effect, but the numbers demonstrate just how little the trial is likely to swing many voters at all, no matter the verdict.

Views of both Trump and Biden are simply very locked-in.
Via NPR here: https://www.npr.org/2024/05/30/nx-s1-4974598/trump-verdict-trial-voters-presidential-election

I think that more or less sums it up. In my experience, too, most folks had their minds made up about Trump well before this trial happened or a verdict was read.

The orange faced cunt is disbarred from voting in an election with his name on the ballot paper.

Felons don’t get the vote in Florida

The orange faced cunt is disbarred from voting in an election with his name on the ballot paper.

Felons don’t get the vote in Florida
Not outright, but his sentence would have to completed by November 5th.

We put through a public referendum on the subject in 2020. One of the good things about Florida's government.

Yes, get the fuck in, probably won’t make a scrap of difference though, that Country is seriously fucked.
With apologies to Alan.
Not wrong there. Fucked up politically. Fucked up over guns. Fucked up over healthcare. Fucked up over education. But can always find billions to get involved in wars to flex their muscles and show they are the world's policeman. Yet, millions of ordinary Americans are expected to pay for the crime families that run the country. Fucking lock the lot of them up and throw the key away.

Via NPR here: https://www.npr.org/2024/05/30/nx-s1-4974598/trump-verdict-trial-voters-presidential-election

I think that more or less sums it up. In my experience, too, most folks had their minds made up about Trump well before this trial happened or a verdict was read.

When you have a portion if his supporters declaring he should make he himself dictator then this doesn't surprise me in any way.

If the Dems were able to pick almost any non-senile candidate they would win though

This speech he's doing is an alarming, rambling mess. So many lies, so many tangents. He's fucking tapped.

Certainly is and his approval rating will continue to rise.

And if/when he gets back in, he’ll fully go after judges and courts and try to imprison them, wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he found out who the jurors were and imprisoned them as well

Much better to have an orange faced, fascist cunt though, eh?

Back