• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Weird tweet - @Mouyokolo22: What a great club wolves is… #hopeful #excited

£5 million.

I think he's worth it.................. if the board and KJ think promotion is achievable.

Transfer fees are never absolute so I imagine a lot of that was add-ons (if the figure is to be believed). His goals were important for Derby and the lad is clearly an excellent player.

I'd tweet him back saying what a great player he is, but that would be bullshit. The footwork of a spider on acid and the durability of a hammock in a hurricane.

Edit: Our mate Mouyo that is.

Maybe just letting him train with us?

He wasn't quite so nice when he left us as I recall. Essentially said we should have got his own personal fitness guru on board and because we didn't that's why he was never fit. Funny how said guru hasn't managed to rectify his issues since.

I love comments like this

"Steve Morgan needs to sort his priorities out. Best manager in my lifetime and Chairman won't back him. Utter Joke #livid"

Was that Danks too? He keeps going on about how amazing Jackett is when until February he went on about how awful he was and how he can't coach the team well. He is funny

I'd like a striker and a back up defender (young player from Premier League). I can see it being someone like Danny a Graham or even Wood when he can't get in the team on loan.

Was that Danks too? He keeps going on about how amazing Jackett is when until February he went on about how awful he was and how he can't coach the team well. He is funny

Ah yes. Oldham away I believe when he said the performance was one of a team that would struggle to avoid relegation from League One. Cock.

That fake OfficialWoIves account has linked us to Grant Holt and WM has bought it.

That fake OfficialWoIves account has linked us to Grant Holt and WM has bought it.

Seems they got sucked in by bullshit Twitter rumours.

Cutting edge reporting by our local radio station.

This window may well turn out to be quite a successful one. We have kept everyone we wanted and it's hard to believe that there aren't teams out there who covet the likes of McDonald, Sako, Baath and Dicko. We have rid ourselves of most of the excess baggage that risked weighing us down and have added, apparently, quality additions in Van La Parra, Rowe and Saville.

A settled squad, incrementally improved - keeping the players we want to keep and shipping out those we don't.

As for the lack of a striker signing - yes, it's a concern but playing only one up front means we have some leeway there. Our front player isn't expected to be scoring 25-30 goals a season (although that would be nice). We currently have three strikers vying for one spot up front and all of them, even Clarke, have their strengths and behind them we have goals from the three advanced midfielders.

And we've won 4 out of 5 and have barely seen anything of Henry, Jacobs, Price, Clarke, McAlinden, Ricketts, Rowe and now Saville. Before the season, most seemed to be saying they would be satisfied with progress, a mid table finish - and with the current starting 11 and those players in reserve that looks very achievable. That squad will achieve much more than mid table.

Back