• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Huddersfield have stopped the Scannell to Millwall deal due to Ward leaving.

This window may well turn out to be quite a successful one. We have kept everyone we wanted and it's hard to believe that there aren't teams out there who covet the likes of McDonald, Sako, Baath and Dicko. We have rid ourselves of most of the excess baggage that risked weighing us down and have added, apparently, quality additions in Van La Parra, Rowe and Saville.

A settled squad, incrementally improved - keeping the players we want to keep and shipping out those we don't.

As for the lack of a striker signing - yes, it's a concern but playing only one up front means we have some leeway there. Our front player isn't expected to be scoring 25-30 goals a season (although that would be nice). We currently have three strikers vying for one spot up front and all of them, even Clarke, have their strengths and behind them we have goals from the three advanced midfielders.

And we've won 4 out of 5 and have barely seen anything of Henry, Jacobs, Price, Clarke, McAlinden, Ricketts, Rowe and now Saville. Before the season, most seemed to be saying they would be satisfied with progress, a mid table finish - and with the current starting 11 and those players in reserve that looks very achievable. That squad will achieve much more than mid table.
Fantastic post. My thoughts entirely.

Please post this on the The Mix. Not that I read it much these days, but it'd be nice to know there's a sensible, measured response to the avalanche of guff on there at the moment.

Fantastic post. My thoughts entirely.

Please post this on the The Mix. Not that I read it much these days, but it'd be nice to know there's a sensible, measured response to the avalanche of guff on there at the moment.

I can't post on there any more. I don't have sufficient self control.

Apparently Charles "I am the voice of all Wolves fans" Ross has been bleating about the lack of transfer activity on WM. He's just as reactionary as the rest of them, albeit with a softly spoken telephone manner. Give him a broader Wolverhampton accent and he'd be lumped in with idiots like "Tonka".

Froggy said we should have kept Saunders. Case closed.

Seems they got sucked in by bull$#@! Twitter rumours.

Cutting edge reporting by our local radio station.

BBC Radio Birmingham couldn't find Wolverhampton with a satnav and a team of sherpas.

I hope we don't sign a striker today tbh. Anyone we bring in now would be at least our 4th choice after Wood, Bamford and Delort. Get a decent stop gap in the loan window to keep Clarke as far away from the pitch as possible and then look for a long term solution in January.

Froggy said we should have kept Saunders. Case closed.

Have these people seen the massive change in Wolves fortune, style of play and quality of player? Or are they just the local version of Durham and Gough trying to wum and wind up the mong fans?

@FL72Transfers: BREAKING: Wolves are reportedly in advanced talks to sign Oldham sstriker Jonson Clarke-Harris. #wwfc #oafc

He's not long been there has he? I know Cov chucked him for having a stinking attitude.

Glenn Murray having a medical at Reading - duck and cover people!

Good god that name.

If it was Johnson Clarke-O'Hara I'd be extremely worried.

Oldham fans rate him, we were linked with him before

8 goals in 54 appearances according to Transfermarkt. Not one to shout from the rooftops about. He seems like a stereotypical Nando's munching #baller on Twitter - genuine panic buy stuff.

Back