• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Players to watch in the 2014/15 Season

Following an unsuccessful season at Peterborough United two years ago, youngster Jonson Clarke-Harris will be looking to continue where he left off with Oldham Athletic last term.

The 20-year-old signed for the Posh in July 2012 after making his debut for Coventry City in August 2010, aged only 16.

But the striker then went two years without playing a first-team game for either Coventry or Peterborough, before being sent on loan to Southend United in October 2012 where he made three appearances without scoring.

Another loan spell later that season, this time at Bury, produced four goals in 12 outings, including two on the final day of the 2012/13 season.

A permanent transfer to Boundary Park from London Road followed in May 2013, sparking a season in which Clarke-Harris proved his ability despite his young age.

He finished up as the Latics' top-scorer in all competitions with eight goals, including a three-game scoring streak over the Christmas period. His most notable effort in December was a bullet against Bradford City - one of the vital strikes that helped Oldham avoid relegation to Sky Bet League 2.

Playing 49 games also proved that Clarke-Harris has what it takes to last a full season and, under young manager Lee Johnson's stewardship, the frontman will be looking to reach double figures in goals during 2014/15.

Players to watch in the 2014/15 Season

Following an unsuccessful season at Peterborough United two years ago, youngster Jonson Clarke-Harris will be looking to continue where he left off with Oldham Athletic last term.

The 20-year-old signed for the Posh in July 2012 after making his debut for Coventry City in August 2010, aged only 16.

But the striker then went two years without playing a first-team game for either Coventry or Peterborough, before being sent on loan to Southend United in October 2012 where he made three appearances without scoring.

Another loan spell later that season, this time at Bury, produced four goals in 12 outings, including two on the final day of the 2012/13 season.

A permanent transfer to Boundary Park from London Road followed in May 2013, sparking a season in which Clarke-Harris proved his ability despite his young age.

He finished up as the Latics' top-scorer in all competitions with eight goals, including a three-game scoring streak over the Christmas period. His most notable effort in December was a bullet against Bradford City - one of the vital strikes that helped Oldham avoid relegation to Sky Bet League 2.

Playing 49 games also proved that Clarke-Harris has what it takes to last a full season and, under young manager Lee Johnson's stewardship, the frontman will be looking to reach double figures in goals during 2014/15.

That was really well written Kenny.
Grammar, spellings and... everything!
I'm impressed!

Why thank you Sir. I have sent it to Sky Sports, so you may see the very same article on their website very soon.....

I see Penk has managed to break Danks :icon_lol:

Usually ignore him on twitter but had to have a look. He's apparently boycotting Wolves...apart from the matches! He will not be giving SM any money...apart from match tickets! :icon_lol: Surely he's not serious?

Just had a look for him on Twitter. Fucking hell. Absolute goon.

Seems we're not going to get Welbeck or Cleverley then.
So say Arsenal and Everton... Though Everton want him on a loan and Utd want him gone. Wages were too steep for Wigan.
What this has to do with Wolves I have no idea, just waiting for any news on Wolves and heard this...

To be honest, we clearly have no intention of using him - so he can pop off for all I care. McAlinden, Keita, Reid - they cannot be any worse than him. If someone is daft enough to want to take the big lump off our hands then bye bye.

There won't be any Wolves news.

5 Live reporting that nice Kevin Doyle is going to Palace.
Steve Parish was just talking about his news and said they were getting the paperwork sorted on signing a new striker. He was off to the pub because apart from the paperwork it was a done deal.

They are signing a championship striker. If we bin off Doyle, bonus. There are hardly likely to be first team additions now. Unlike over the road, this bothers me not a jot. Get to eleven without a signing and Molineux Mix is going to resemble the biggest mass suicide this side of the Jonestown Massacre.

Scott Cooper on Mol Mix reckons Garner to Blackburn and Leon to replace him with us getting the kid from Oldham.

KJ is probably sat at home with a nice glass of wine. He will wait for the madness of deadline day to pass, and will then get a striker in on loan.

Unlike over the road, this bothers me not a jot.

Nah, nor me. Of course a new striker would be good, but it has to be the right player at the right price with the right wages or it's not worth the bother.

It's not as if there isn't a loan window after all.

Back