• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

I get the frustration but don't understand the anger at the board/club etc. We have quite blatantly tried to sign 3 strikers with 2 going elsewhere and the third wanting wages that were unrealistic for our current circumstances. You just know that if someone turns up the twitter mongs will still be angry unless it's someone they specifically wanted. I'm expecting someone to come in on loan within the next month, I don't want us to sign someone for the sake of it.

He could have offered us an Ariel threat.

When was the last time we did a deal almost at the deadline?, am i right in thinking it was Andy Keogh?

Possibly. We didn't (r)Ecover much on that deal, did we?

Another gem......

Lol, this very thing happened a few years ago yet people still act stupid.

Our early results in the PL meant we didnt strengthen sufficiently and we were relegated.

Happening again, lack of signings costing us.

Yipee.

It's like idiotic deals like Johnson and O'Hara never occurred. I must have imagined us spending all that money.

I may just avoid the internet and SSN until the morning. These cunts are too pathetic to trouble my bandwidth with.

The very moment I see 'lol' in a comment, I can't help but discredit it as the ramblings of a moron.

We need to be bold in the transfer market. No room for a fairy on transfer deadline day.

BwdR1BcIQAA3J7e.png

Personally, I think Delort would have been a Dazzling player for us, Surfing up goals left, right and centre ... what a Comfort that would have been.

I get the frustration but don't understand the anger at the board/club etc. We have quite blatantly tried to sign 3 strikers with 2 going elsewhere and the third wanting wages that were unrealistic for our current circumstances. You just know that if someone turns up the twitter mongs will still be angry unless it's someone they specifically wanted. I'm expecting someone to come in on loan within the next month, I don't want us to sign someone for the sake of it.

The only one that we've missed out on is Bamford, the other two wanted too much wages.

Well that's my point, we tried to get them and couldn't pay what must have been unrealistic wage demands. Move on.

you mean like this?

Baker ‏@whyalwaysstuey 2h

no thanks & good luck to Kevin Doyle- kept better players out the team in Prem & bottled it in Championship. disgrace to the shirt. #wwfc

Well that's my point, we tried to get them and couldn't pay what must have been unrealistic wage demands. Move on.

Now, I'm not sure how much of this is true, but someone on MolMix who clearly has contacts at the club has said that Bamford wanted to come to us, but the only way we would have got him was to buy him outright as the Chelsea/Karanka connection made it the only loan option.

Now, I'm not sure how much of this is true, but someone on MolMix who clearly has contacts at the club has said that Bamford wanted to come to us, but the only way we would have got him was to buy him outright as the Chelsea/Karanka connection made it the only loan option.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't have wanted to buy him outright unless they wanted silly money.

Back