• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Watching Twitter on deadline day is like a fire at a carpet warehouse. You know you shouldn't look but how can you resist?

To be honest, I find watching Twitter on transfer deadline day highly amusing. I think Danks is about to explode.

To be honest, I find watching Twitter on transfer deadline day highly amusing. I think Danks is about to explode.

He seems to have the mental capacity of an amoeba. We won the league last season and have won 4 out of 5 games so far but of course, that's not good enough for him. We need to risk FFP sanctions and administration to make big money signings of players who might upset the team dynamic.

He's just your standard reactionary fan. Fail to win any game and the sky is falling in. The squad's perpetually three players short and we should always be spending £5-10m more than we have. If it all goes wrong, you can just start a new game anyway. Oh wait, that's Football Manager.

I don't really care if we sign anyone today, we do need a striker at some point but that is pretty much the only area that needs strengthening.

We seem to have more than our fair share of Martin Danks type fans. If you believed some of the people on Twitter and Facebook we're facing immediate relegation to the Conference if we don't panic buy a striker today.

I think part of the problem is morons not knowing anything about football outside of the media/ their club/ football manager. Signing players for no money or players they've never heard of does little to satisfy their appetite either.

We seem to have more than our fair share of Martin Danks type fans. If you believed some of the people on Twitter and Facebook we're facing immediate relegation to the Conference if we don't panic buy a striker today.

You seem to follow these idiots though, why?

I think part of the problem is morons not knowing anything about football outside of the media/ their club/ football manager. Signing players for no money or players they've never heard of does little to satisfy their appetite either.

You seem to follow these idiots though, why?

I don't follow them, I simply type in #wwfc and my screen is filled with their drivel. I'm satisfied that nothing of consequence will happen and that if anything does it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Yet bizarrely, after a few days of hearing a players' name and moaning they're 'a nobody', they get annoyed when we don't sign them, and state there are no other players left to sign when they sign for someone else. #twitterlogic

I love comments like this

"Steve Morgan needs to sort his priorities out. Best manager in my lifetime and Chairman won't back him. Utter Joke #livid"

The issue is that the moron in the pub/on the WM phone in now has a voice. And on t'internet he who shouts loudest and has the most extreme views gets heard. Yes, I appreciate the irony of that statement with my 40,000+ posts. ;) Although as those that know me will confirm, I rarely if ever say anything on here that I wouldn't say and back up in person.

'Angry' gets more reaction and more retweets than taking a balanced, reasoned view. Look at that cunt off Molineux Way. Probably wouldn't say boo to a goose IRL. I bet Danks is the same.

Here's a selection from Danks:

I'm absolutely furious... This club means more to me than you could ever imagine... I'm so angry

I request wolves take me from the mailing list... DO NOT send me any shit to do with merchandise etc.. Or else I'll return it with some of my own shit.....

Right I'm off... Before I lose it completely .

Brilliant, he needs to find himself some light relief and visit the same websites as Bear and Del.

Here's a pearl from the Mix:

WeAreTheWolves said:
Loans will be much harder now, how can you not grasp that?

Last year to improve the team we could use Championship players to improve it as you said, now those two mentioned cant get in the team!!

So the likelihood is that we will have to turn to the PL to get a loan striker, presuming that Champinship players wont improve the side and that clubs would be reluctant to help us.

Look in the PL, who are the options? Wison, Graham, Wood, Murray.

Probably more but thats off the top of my head including players mentioned on here.

Wood looks like he is off, Graham is out of our wage structure and Utd selling two strikers and bringing in one might want Wilson as back up either way I doubt it would be a waltz in the park to land him.

Murray again would court interest from many others.

It's ridiculous, I asked on the other thread but Clarke has to be one of the worst 2nd choice strikers around.

Losing the 'bomb squad' was suppose to free up loads of money according to some. Hmmm...

Spent a grand total of £1 million pound in our 'promotion push'.

And while I'm at it, the cheek of the club saying that a 'substantial bid' had been made for Delort which was actually £1 million. Hahaha.

We are a joke. Thank the Lord we have a good manager.

Uwe Roesler claims that the move was around the £3m mark and we outbid them for Delort. Does that not show that we were willing to stump up the money if the right player came along? It's not Moxey or Morgan's fault that Delort likes empty seats and silence. It's all about the wages and we've had enough mercenaries and hash tag ballers in recent years haven't we?

So, Delort accepted the lowest offer on the table.

Rosler:"...in his desire to join us.I pay tribute to his agent Roger Henrotay,who despite higher offers from Wolves,Brentford,QPR and Lille, wanted to do what was in the best interest of his player.

Didn't realise Van La Parra had come here for no signing on fee and no wages. What a guy.

So, Delort accepted the lowest offer on the table.

Rosler:"...in his desire to join us.I pay tribute to his agent Roger Henrotay,who despite higher offers from Wolves,Brentford,QPR and Lille, wanted to do what was in the best interest of his player.

That's horseshit from Rosler, there is no way an agent worth his salt takes a player away from the Premier League (QPR) where the wages and transfer fee would be higher. Said agent could then manufacture a move in the loan window and earn even more money.

We don't know his wage but no agent is going to take his player to a club for a lower wage unless the agent could earn more money doing it that way. No football agent is doing it for the good of their player, there's always an angle and most of them are human rubbish.

I think my favourite deadline day overreaction of recent years was when we only managed to sign Guedioura and Mujangi-Bia a few seasons ago and one individual posted "this is the worst day in the entire history of Wolverhampton Wanderers". The problem was that I genuinely believe he meant that, going by similar posts he made around that time.

Halcyon days.

That's horseshit from Rosler, there is no way an agent worth his salt takes a player away from the Premier League (QPR) where the wages and transfer fee would be higher. Said agent could then manufacture a move in the loan window and earn even more money.

We don't know his wage but no agent is going to take his player to a club for a lower wage unless the agent could earn more money doing it that way. No football agent is doing it for the good of their player, there's always an angle and most of them are human rubbish.

I'd guess the truth is that Wigan were the only club to pay the money that Tours wanted.

Back